Flower Storage

Moderator: ACOT Employee

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Flower Storage

Post by 1scrappymom »

How do you store your flowers?  I currently have all mine in a big drawer sorted by color, but that has sorted gone by the wayside as I get new ones and don't take the time to sort them.  So basically my flowers are a jumbled MESS.  I also need to go through them and decide what flowers I will literally never use again and just get rid of them.  

What works for you guys?  
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Re: Flower Storage

Post by CarrieG »

I just have mine in a tub labeled "flowers"  LOL  works for me tho  if im going to use a flower I just dig in there
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia

Post by 1scrappymom »

CarrieG wrote:I just have mine in a tub labeled "flowers"  LOL  works for me tho  if im going to use a flower I just dig in there
That's not really a bad idea.  LOL  I might be overthinking my organization a little. But I definitely need a bigger tub...or less flowers.
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

I have a jumbled mess in a basket. Image
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia

Post by 1scrappymom »

scrappinmom99 wrote:I have a jumbled mess in a basket. Image
It's good to know I'm not alone! ImageImage
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1746

Post by beachlover »

I have a stackable container that has dividers that my Primas sit in nicely.  But then I started getting some new little flower packets.  So I bought some storage containers at
Kohls.com that are great.  There were two sizes.  The smaller are great for emanel dot packages and the larger are perfect for Thickers.

Then I needed some with lids, so I searched Amazon an got these great container, got small and medium and take those to crops putting inks, washi and stuff in them...  the one size fits my pictures too...  all nice, and cheap!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 755

Post by traveler »

Mostly original containers from back when they came in cute bottles on a shelf. I refill the bottles with similar flowers. The others are just all over the place.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5437

Post by Deanna13 »

Mine are all sorted by individual color in Prima style clear bucket containers like some come in. Usually when I buy multi-colored packages, I'll use those together awhile and then sort the leftovers down into the clear containers.  I also have tiny flowers in the Prima milk bottle style they came in.
Image Image ImageImage
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

I just have mine all in a clear container with a lid that sits nicely on top of my basket of ribbon and fibers.  There is no sorting about it.
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Renee P.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 123

Post by Renee P. »

Mine are in small mason jars. 
Renee

Instagram: reneeleecrafts
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 995

Post by blfonty »

If I keep flowers in their original packaging they go into a basket. Loose flowers are in small ziplock bags in another spot. And I have those glass jars of flowers, too. Mmmmm...I need a new system, too.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Linda L
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 101

Post by Linda L »

I keep all my flowers in their original pkgs in a clear tub with a lid.
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 93

Post by Monroe1218 »

Currently, I have most of them in the original package in a tub.  Not sorted by color or brand or anything, just tossed in there, but at least they are in the package.  I also have a large lidded jar that has the loose flowers inside.  I'm thinking of either sorting those by color or something.  They are just randomly in there - no rhyme or reason.  I find it hard to use those because it's just a jumbled mess.
Rebecca

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2056

Post by MTCanuk »

Don't think I will be much help. I have a few, but they are not really my thing.  So they are in a easy access basket in their original packaging.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia

Post by 1scrappymom »

beachlover wrote:I have a stackable container that has dividers that my Primas sit in nicely.  But then I started getting some new little flower packets.  So I bought some storage containers at
Kohls.com that are great.  There were two sizes.  The smaller are great for emanel dot packages and the larger are perfect for Thickers.

Then I needed some with lids, so I searched Amazon an got these great container, got small and medium and take those to crops putting inks, washi and stuff in them...  the one size fits my pictures too...  all nice, and cheap!!
Those are cute.  I'm planning to move my scraproom to my daughter's bedroom in a year or so when she moves out (who knows really.  LOL).  I have so many ideas for what I want that room to look like. Keeping this to look back on.  
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

Separated by color stored with that color in my scraprack; if multi color I have them in their original packaging stored in a "flower" section in my scraprack
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Post by emarie803 »

Most of mine are in a divided organizer sorted by color, but I do still have some of the old Primas in the bottles (I love those and miss buying them Image) and I repurposed an old vase for the large flowers that don't fit in the organizer.
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

trainmom wrote:Mostly original containers from back when they came in cute bottles on a shelf. I refill the bottles with similar flowers. The others are just all over the place.
This is exactly what I do. If they come in a package, then I hang them up on my carousel thing. 
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
MisasMom
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 4

Post by MisasMom »

I tried several ways, sorting by color and size, etc. It got to be a pain to search thru so many jars or bags looking for just the right one. I do not remember where I saw the idea but I bought 2 medium size clear paint cans at one of the box stores. Now I have them sorted by paper or fabric, all colors together. Two jars makes the search much easier to find what I want and more importantly very easy to put away.
Pat

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”