What do ya'll think?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

What do ya'll think?

Post by sdwhru »

One of my knitting friends lost her dad unexpectedly at the end of August.  I made a LO with pics I grabbed off her FB page (gotta love FB for that!).  Now, she kinda harasses me about how expensive scrapbooking is, so I get the impression she doesn't think too much of it.  But on the other hand she goes to our local yarn store and buys expensive a$$ yarn from them.  I like softer yarns but ain't no way I'm spending that kind of money on yarn (now however scrappy stuff - LOL).  Anyways do you think she will like this?

Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 92

Re: What do ya'll think?

Post by Monroe1218 »

I would definitely think she would love it!  You did a wonderful job!!!  Maybe she's intimidated by the whole scrapping thing - is it something that she's new to?
Rebecca

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

Monroe1218 wrote:I would definitely think she would love it!  You did a wonderful job!!!  Maybe she's intimidated by the whole scrapping thing - is it something that she's new to?
Probably more than anything it just isn't her "thing" you know.  She was in her 40's before she even started knitting before that her hobby was just reading (I believe).
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2864

Post by shoorn »

I think it is a thoughtful gift and she will love it! She probably just wants to spend her money on her knitting rather than dive into another hobby. 
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
Linda L
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 101

Post by Linda L »

I think your friend will love it. Its a beautiful keepsake and very nice of you to do that for her. Image

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

I think it is a beautiful tribure and a nice thing you did to make it for her.  I think the point is you did it to be nice and it really doesn't matter if she likes it or not.  It's the thought behind it that counts and that was a really great thing to do. 
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Post by pawprints »

I think that is such a sweet gift and she should love it!

Image Image Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2463

Post by emmapaige »

I think it is a wonderful and  your friend would be very lucky to receive such a beautiful tribute to her dad.

I knit too and some of my knitting friends are (or have been) scrappers too and they understand.  The non-scrappers.....not so much!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

I do both...buy scrappy/craft stuff, AND high end yarns. I think she'd love it! It's a very generous gift and I think she would love that you are thinking of her father.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2050

Post by MTCanuk »

I would love to receive something like this from a friend!
you are so thoughtful to create it for her!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 743

Post by sherelm »

My sister buys the really high end yarns, too, and I never thought about it being compared to my high priced scrap items!  I'm not going to say a word to her, either, because she makes me some mighty nice gifts!!! 
I personally think no matter what your friend thinks of scrapbooking, the fact that you took the time and supplies, plus pulled the photos off for her - should be very moving to her.  If it isn't, it's time to move on to new friends!!! 
Julie M.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 61

Post by Julie M. »

I think it is such a thoughtful gift, she will love it!!
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

I think she will loe it. it is a Priceless gift. ` Beautifully done.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”