Have you ever

Moderator: ACOT Employee

MyEmptyNest
Cherry Tart

Have you ever

Post by MyEmptyNest »

Have you ever went through the first scrapbooks you've ever done, torn them apart, and to-do the pages?
Just getting my empty nest ready for the first grandbaby, due August 2018! Image
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Re: Have you ever

Post by CarrieG »

nope...not unless things needing reattaching...then I just reattached....but I have rescrapped older photos.....I never scrap my orignials...always a double print....or I have the photo on disk............
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2449

Post by joannie »

Yes I did! 
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1746

Post by beachlover »

yes, and I have boxes an d boxes of LO's that still have to go into books but I know I need to make sore repairs for buttons, alphas, etc falling off so they will remain in the boxes till I am ready to put them in their proper spot
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Linda L
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 101

Post by Linda L »

I have never redone the earlier scrap books but I have a bunch where that the paper is ruined due to the tornado we were in. If the pictures are good I redo them.
MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by MacSarah »

I don't. And, I won't. 
I like seeing how my abilities have evolved. I like being reminded of the trends. I was likely proud of my work at the time.  I have even made my girls leave the pages they did as kids as they are.
I do restick things that lose their adhesive, but that is all. I am not opposed to creating a new layout of a copy of a pic that had already been scrapped, but I remain too far behind to entertain that as a possibility. 
~Sarah~
mommyribs
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 76

Post by mommyribs »

I have thought about it...but haven't actually done it. I have thousands of other pictures that I hope to get into albums so I can't go back...gotta keep moving forward! It is fun to see how my scrapping as evolved over the years though.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Have a "magical" day
KrazSparkle
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 297

Post by KrazSparkle »

No, it has crossed my mind especially because my earlier ones have no matting and usually on a white background, when I was young and didn't have a clue what I was doing but when I look at them, I also remember the time I spent doing it and that alone is a memory one I cant scrap. Plus its amazing to see how far Ive came from the earlier books to now. And now that I am now seeing trends that I am doing that I didn't do or the trends that I use to do that I don't do anymore, its fun. I would love to redo my sons first year book but once again, it was done at the time with the best of my knowledge and I took great care in the items and photos picked for the book that I cant bring myself to redo.
(Kristi) When life gives you scraps, make something with them.  ~Author Unknown
karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

No, I actually like my old layouts.  I started scrapping after the ovals and circles and fussy cutting of photos.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
Donna_Coughlin
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 549

Post by Donna_Coughlin »

Once, but that was for a challenge was to redo a page from your first year of scrapping. I did like the way it turned than the original, but I have a lot more stash than I did back then!
Donna
ImageImageImage
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2056

Post by MTCanuk »

Nope, not usually.  That was how my pages looked 15 years ago and the trends that were happening then.  Like the way I scrapbook now, much better.  But that is how it was back then.  
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 755

Post by traveler »

No. I like looking at my old scrapbooks and see how my style changed, and I have a never ending supply of new photos to scrap. Once, when I first started scrapping, I was looking at one of those old albums with the sticky pages which were starting to yellow and redid that into a scrapbook, but those needed to be moved anyway. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

No
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

No. I have way too many pictures that haven't been scrapbooked to redo ones I've already done.
Even though I'm not wild about some of those first pages, there is history there. I can look at older scrapbooks and see my style change. I know exactly what vacation I was working on when I got my first die cutting machine: a Wishblade.
I like the memories that not only the photos bring, but the papers, embellies and my scrapbooking style.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
MisasMom
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 4

Post by MisasMom »

I did re-do an early album, not because I didn't like the pages but because I didn't like the size. I took an 8.5x11 album and mounted those pages on 12x12 as I found some additional pictures that had been misplaced and some memorabilia that I wanted to add. I am pleased with the re-do pages. 
Pat
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

Yes, my very first album I did - I hated it so I did go back and redo the pages...
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2866

Post by shoorn »

No - not to redo them. I have repaired them if things were loose or fallen off. 
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

Same here...I'll never get caught up with all my pictures and if I keep trying to redo the old ones, I never make any kind of progress.  I do agree some need restuck.  Glue dots are certainly not for ever it seems!  Honestly, that part is rather frustrating.  We go to all the time and expense of putting together these scrapbooks that are archivally safe...and then the dumb things fall apart!  It's still worth it.  
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 744

Post by sherelm »

NO!!! NO NO NO!!!!

I took a live in person class with Stacy Julian.  This was about 15 years ago, and she made us all stand up and raise our hands and pledge to NEVER EVER tear apart our scrapbooks to do "Do OVERS!!"  She said "THEY'RE SCRAPPED!!! For better or worse, you've saved them and they are a statement of your talent evolving.  You move on from here.  You never EVER tear them apart. "  She showed us some of her first attempts, and for a designer, I have to say hers were worse than my beginning pages!! SO NO NO NO NO. 
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

See Sher's post above!  I started with Creative Memories!  My consultant said the same thing.  Like other's if I find a page that needs something reattached I do that!  I also love seeing the process of my evolution in my favorite craft.  I love seeing how trends evolve and how some that went by the wayside have come back over the last 11 years I have been a paper crafter.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”