Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

All over the place when scrapbooking?
Ok, so I have to ask...when you scrapbook for one particular event/time...do you find yourself going in order of the photos or all over the place.

The reason I ask is I got into a scrappy zone this weekend being inspired by the challenges, etc. But when I look over the ones I have completed...maybe only 5 out of the 12 I have done, did I actually follow all the rules! Its like I got it in my head I needed certain things for the challenge and either forgot half of it or just didn't care and kept going to complete the layouts!

BUT the biggest thing I noticed is how crazily I jumped around my album. Trying to finish my first Disney Cruise album and I found myself starting scrapping the Atlantis Aquarium, then jumped to our professional posed formal photos on the ship, then to Castaway Cay, then to Dolphin Cay, Back to the Aquarium, now back to the ship. You'd THINK I'd stick to one 'area' ie have those papers out, could complete fast...but nope my brain is like "Squirrel"..."Look at these other papers and embellishments you can be playing with!"

Does anyone else go through this chaos and then get frustrated when your trying to put into the album, b/c you don't have an open photo sleeve in that area to put it!! lol!
~ Carissa ~

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: All over the place when scrapbooking?
Sure! I do jump around!
"Squirrel!!" LOL
I didn't use to but that was before I started scrapping for challenges! And if I try to scrap by theme...like at this last crop I worked on my DD's school/sports album... I get bored with it and jump to something else! 
"Squirrel!!" LOL

Your pages of your cruises/trips were great BTW!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I jump around all the time. I find myself getting antsy if I do too many pages of one event all in a row. Total lack of attention span lol. If you look in my gallery, I have 2003 layouts next to 2016 layouts lol.  And putting stuff in albums - I am SOOOOOOO bad at that. I have stacks of layouts all over the place, boxes of them. I really need to tackle that. When we moved, I put 100s of layouts in a box....that was 6 years ago....erg...lol.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I jump around too. I get bored QUICKLY! I started scrapping in summer 2009 and did an album for my parents 30th wedding anniversary. I then moved onto something else. Finished and moved onto something else. After about a year, I got burned out....and stopped scrapping for about a year. Slowly got into it and started working on different themes. Simultaneously. It helps. I'll always have doggie pics to scrap...and family..but throw in some friends, family reunion, holidays...I'm a happy camper
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

I am all over the place now too. Way back I always was scrapping in chronological order. But after a while I would find I was getting further and further behind on newer pics that were fresh. I knew by the time I got to them it would be many years later. Being here at ACOT changed all of that. I was convinced that I didn't have to scrap chronologically and that I could take a recent photo and just scrap it. I was just so OCD about it that when I learned to digi scrap I started to scrap any pic I felt like in digi and still kept doing paper chronologically. But I eventually started going out of order there too. A light bulb went off that said just because you don't scrap in order doesn't mean that the pages can't go in the books in order. And if you haven't even finished Cider and Boomer's albums when are you ever going to be able to scrap those awesome puppy photos that you just took of Twinkie? So I just decided to go with whatever subject I was inspired to do at the time. I worked on Maddie and Aiden's baby books for a while but they haven't been babies for a long time now and I got so burnt out of doing baby pages that I moved on to other more recent things. Twinkie's entire puppy album is now done, even though I have so much more of Cider and Boomer to scrap. Recently I got back into baby pages again and have been working on Aiden's baby album. Maddie's isn't even done yet lol. I know I am going to burn out of baby pages again soon and will move on to something else. The big thing is I am getting more done now because if I get bored with what I am working on I don't just sit and wait for the mojo to come back, I just move on to another theme. The books will fill up as I finish the pages. Oh and yes the challenges here also help because they make me change my themes. I can't imagine trying to stay in order when working on different challenges. Most times each one inspires a different idea for a different photo or event.

ImageImage Image Image  

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

I jump around all over the place when scrapping. As I complete layouts for either a trip, or one of the grandkids' albums I keep them in separate paper keepers until I have enough to finish an album. Then I put them all in the album chronologically. That way I'm not constantly shifting them around in the album to get them in order.
Image Image ImageImage

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

I'm so glad I'm not alone on this one! Right now I'm speratic within one themed album. Just all around with the things we are doing on the cruise. But I've never finished my wedding/honeymoon album which you'd Think was more important. I don't know how many unfinished albums I have!

I've always had to put the layouts right into the album and then re-organize b/c otherwise I'm afraid they'll get bent up or damaged....or like one time before...forgotten about!
~ Carissa ~

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Deanna13 wrote:I jump around all over the place when scrapping. As I complete layouts for either a trip, or one of the grandkids' albums I keep them in separate paper keepers until I have enough to finish an album. Then I put them all in the album chronologically. That way I'm not constantly shifting them around in the album to get them in order.

That's a good idea, Deanna!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

DolphinSoul wrote:I'm so glad I'm not alone on this one! Right now I'm speratic within one themed album. Just all around with the things we are doing on the cruise. But I've never finished my wedding/honeymoon album which you'd Think was more important. I don't know how many unfinished albums I have!

I've always had to put the layouts right into the album and then re-organize b/c otherwise I'm afraid they'll get bent up or damaged....or like one time before...forgotten about!

I have done a grand total of one page for our wedding album, if that makes you feel any better. And we've been married since 1998 and I started scrapping in 2000...so plenty o' time theoretically LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I always scrap out of order and jump around with different pictures. But I also mix years in albums like our family album, Princess album or Christmas album.

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

I definitely am all over the place not only with themes but now with trying new techniques!!! Lol
i also sometimes leave stuff off the challenges too lol
Susan

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Another Cherry here who is all over the place! 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Jumping around, at least for me, keeps scrapbooking more interesting.  Right now I'm working on Joey's wedding album, and I have to admit I'm sick of looking at the same stuff. (Not that I was thrilled with the wedding décor, theme, etc, in the first place).  I'm dreading when I get to the tons of dancing photos, because I know the ones I leave out will be the ones Joey and Lilly will tell me they especially wanted!  So by jumping over and doing challenges, I get to see other photos I love that need done.
Storing them does become the issue - finished pages in need of a home.  I have an entire shelf under my sofa table loaded with albums, and a window bench, and shelves in my bedroom closets for albums.  I just don't have them in the right order, and I do need to sort them all in piles, and add them to the albums.  But at least they are DONE.  Image

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I scrap all over the place.  I have not FINISHED one scrapbook album.  They are ALL in progress.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

mjmarmo

Cherry Blossom

I tend to have a list of things I want to scrap but I never do them in order. 

57Diana

Cherry Bomb

All over the place!!! I scrap whatever strikes my fancy!  I have all my photos organized in a big dresser, so I can go get whatever I am in the mood for.  That's why 3 ring binders are so much easier to use.
An expert at anything was once a beginner!

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Weeelll...  if I am working on a project or album, I try my hardest to stay in order.  I get all the pictures printed and in order.  And then I start.  I try to match them up with the challenges here.  And if it doesn't work, sometimes I have to chose between finishing the project or doing a challenge.

But, I must have a dozen albums started and they are all over the place, in no order.  And those are the ones I did to complete challenges.  But those albums will probably never be finished.  And I decided I was not going to work this way if I could avoid it.  I still do it, but not nearly as much as usual.  And when I go to a crop, I try to take one project, which often times cuts down on the amount of things I need to pack!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

I'm another who scraps all over the place. I have several albums started and even a few that are finished. It all depends on my mood and if I'm bored with the subject I am scrapping. Tucker ALWAYS takes me away from other scrappy subjects Image
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

KrazSparkle

Cherry Berry

I'm all over the place. I keep my pictures I want to scrap in a box labeled. There are certain pictures the scream at me to be done. I've been doing the challenges and it helps keep me going. Sometimes I get bored from doing the same theme.
(Kristi) When life gives you scraps, make something with them.  ~Author Unknown

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

If I am working on a specific album I tend to stay in line with the pictures.  I am such a OCD organized freak that I will layout the album pages on paper first, with all my notes on embellishments, titles, things to cut on the cricut, etc before I put one picture on a page.  I generally do this especially if I am going to a crop.  I get way more done that way.

When I use to do challenges and such, I was all over the place with pictures.  I have one album with just those layouts cause I don't have a real place for them yet in the grand scheme of my albums!   LOL

There is not right or wrong way to scrap.  It is your way!
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee