Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

All or Few?
When you do your LO and take several photo's do you scrap them ALl. or just a few from the event?

I find I take so many photo's sometimes I like to get close up hand on shots as my husband is blind and that is how he see's things then I have to get his face to get his expression.  Just wondering what others do.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: All or Few?
For me..it all depends. Sometimes all I take is just a few pics, so I'll do one page, or a two pager. But others..I have to weed them out and scrap only the best ones. And even then, the blurry ones are sometimes okay to scrap too. They designate "motion".
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

blbabe1234 wrote:For me..it all depends. Sometimes all I take is just a few pics, so I'll do one page, or a two pager. But others..I have to weed them out and scrap only the best ones. And even then, the blurry ones are sometimes okay to scrap too. They designate "motion".
Thanks for your insight. I love the reminder about designating motion. 
Kimber

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I rarely do one-pagers because I do events mostly.  The zoo, beach, concert, playing, raking leaves.  And I try to limit it to two pages by making some of the photos smaller.   just finished working on 4 pages layouts with 17-22 photos, I had to make those wallet size to fit.  It was DD's Marching Band Competitions from last year.  This year, I am taking LESS photos at each Competition and 2 competitions were already cancelled because of the RAIN.  I love the art on the one page layouts, but I just have to many phots most of the time.  And  I zoom in, so there is not much cropping to be done.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Well, for me, I tend to take too many pictures at events.  But, if I end up getting 15 good pictures, I will find a way to get them all onto a layout.  Now, that also takes into consideration that I sometimes print wallet size pics at Walgreens, so that makes it easier.  But, as weird as this sounds, I also have two 3-page layouts!  At the same time, if I have 15 good pictures, but one captures the moment perfectly then I'll just use one!

It's just like your post from earlier -- do what you want, the way you want it!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

redsonic20

Cherry Cropper

It depends.  If I really like the pictures, I will scrapbook them all (all being all of the ones I print out which can be a lot...it would be hundreds to thousands if I printed off every photo I took)...but usually what ends up happening is that I scrapbook my faves 12x12 and then the rest will go in PL.  This is especially true if it's not an even that has a lot of explaining and is pretty self explanatory.  It's easy to fit in lots of pictures this way and since I'm such a slow scrapbooker, it's the fastest way for me to get the memories recorded and not have a pile of pictures still needing 12x12 layouts.  I'm happy to add inserts when needed.
Denise

Visit My Blog:  Mamarazzi Scraps

Sara Scraps

Cherry Bing

So I think I have the funniest "method" for doing this. I don't scrapbook in order but rather I scrapbook whatever I feel like doing and then put it in an album chronologically...I usually weed them out, order, then scrap the ones I am super excited about right away..then when I put the albums together, I go through the pictures from an event I haven't scrapped yet, "weed " them out again and just scrap what I need to to make my album work together/tell the story. Because I figure the photos I was super excited to scrapbook I already have.Image

Berta R.

Cherry Bing

I seldom put more than 3 photos on a page.  However I have 5 kids and several grandkids that I scrap for.  So I may do several pages of the same event (different photos usually) and put them into several different albums.  Does that make sense?
***Berta***

ernstem

Cherry Cola

If I have several photos of an event that I want to stay together, then I pick 1-2 to scrap on a regular 12x12 layout. Then next to it I put a 6x12 pocket sleeve that holds six photos that are 4x6 (or into a PL style page protector). This way I have the photos together but not overwhelming the pages with tons of photos. This is just my preferred method. I have done a lot of 2-page LOs in the past and I find them frustrating so this was my solution.

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

GmaBerta wrote:I seldom put more than 3 photos on a page.  However I have 5 kids and several grandkids that I scrap for.  So I may do several pages of the same event (different photos usually) and put them into several different albums.  Does that make sense?

Yes, it makes sense. 
Kimber

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

I tend to do a lot of one photo pages but am starting to do more multi photo .  It really depends on the photo, the occasion, the subject.  I do more one photo pages when we travel as my photographic is often landscapes and one photo of the windmills on Mykanos, for example, is sufficient.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

shoorn

Cherry Cola

It depends for me. I take a lot of photos - especially on vacations or day trips. I may print most of them (through Snapfish or Shutterfly) but I don't always scrap every one of them Those that don't get scrapped go in a page protector that has room for 6 (4x6) on one side and 6 on the other. Then I keep them together with the layouts in a 3 ring album like WRMK. I used to do more 2 page layouts but have found myself doing more 1 page layouts lately. Maybe because we haven't gone many places lately or I am fitting more pics on a page by using smaller or cropped photos.
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

Lately I've been scrapping my favorites and putting other pictures in project life page protectors in the album with the layouts.

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

I don't take a ton of pictures and only print a few so I usually scrap everything I have printed (unless I order the same picture in different sizes).  One page layouts average 2 pictures, my two page layouts have more like 6 but have had as many as 14 smaller sized prints.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

I snap so often (especially with the kids, dogs and now at the race track) that not everything comes out the way I want so once I go through and delete all the bad shots, its pretty easy to filter through but I usually end up using whatever I have left
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

WOW. there are so many wonderful ideas. Thanks everyone.
Kimber

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

I very rarely scrap them all.  I do usually print them all and then lay them all out and pick from the group.  Sometimes I only get one or two photos to use... totally stinks but at least I'm scrappin the moment :) 
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

DN in MN wrote:I very rarely scrap them all.  I do usually print them all and then lay them all out and pick from the group.  Sometimes I only get one or two photos to use... totally stinks but at least I'm scrappin the moment :) 
Yes you are!! 
Kimber

ammielou

Sweet Cherry Pie

I try to use at least three or more. Its been so long since I scrapped? I've been watching Life with Prima, and doing a lot of altered things. I really need to get back to my scrapping roots!!  Over the pasted two weeks I've found two codes for 100 prints from Shutterfly so now I have no reason not to scrap. Image

})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Image Image Image 

57Diana

Cherry Bomb

I generally scrapbook a lot of pictures of most events. I have 48 nieces and nephews, so there are always plenty of pictures taken at each event.  I have started scrapbooking with pocket pages along with my traditional pages to help move things along a lot faster.  Plus,  I now have a grandson and just love the expressions he makes so I want to scrapbook them all. Yes, I am probably crazy, but that's the beauty of scrapbooking, YOU GET TO DO IT YOUR WAYImage!
An expert at anything was once a beginner!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee