I should be making kits...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

ajkulig
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 47

I should be making kits...

Post by ajkulig »

I have a crop Fri-Sat-Sun and I really need to be making kits.

Actually, I need to clean my desk and make kits. I have no motivation. Someone kick my butt, otherwise I am going to have to bring my entire crap room because I won't know what to bring and I am not sure that will fit in my husbands wagon. Image
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}
christinec68
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 254

Re: I should be making kits...

Post by christinec68 »

GET TO MAKING KITS!! RIGHT NOW!!!

(how was that? Image)

Have fun at the crop!! 
ajkulig
Cherry Bing

Post by ajkulig »

christinec68 wrote:GET TO MAKING KITS!! RIGHT NOW!!!

(how was that? Image)

Have fun at the crop!! 
That was fantastic. Thanks. I *am* finally moving. 
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

Yay! I'm not so good at kicking butts, so I'm glad Christine answered first.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

Better get moving! and have fun at your crop!
Kim

Image Image  
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

I am such a last minute packer, too, but just think of how much lighter your load will be if you PACK NOW!  You can do it!!!
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 552

Post by SherrieLynne »

Glad you are starting your kits. The last big crop I went to I was so unorganized. I took my scraproom with me and didn't use but 1\4 of it.  
sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 898

Post by sweetsour »

That was a great mom voice, Christine!  She still isn't listening though!  LOL

I have never been to a crop so I can't help, I clicked in here cuz I thought you were talking about the kit for Sara's NSD challenge. I am having a hard time pulling just that one together.

Karrie

christinec68
Cherry Bomb

Post by christinec68 »

sweetsour wrote:That was a great mom voice, Christine!  She still isn't listening though!  LOL

I have never been to a crop so I can't help, I clicked in here cuz I thought you were talking about the kit for Sara's NSD challenge. I am having a hard time pulling just that one together.

That's ok.  I'm not a mom, I just have a cat. She doesn't listen to me either.  Haha! 
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

FUN!!!!I just came back from a weekend crop. AMAZING time!!!!!!! I hope you get your kits made in time. I fly by the seat of my pants which is ok for me. I got 15 pages done last weekend and no kits were made ahead of time. Someday MAYBE I will do that.

I hope you have a wonderful time.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2465

Post by emmapaige »

I am terrible at making kits and packing for crops. I guess it is a blessing in disguise that I haven't been to a crop in about four years. Image

I hope you have a great time!! 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

jlparkmark
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 94

Post by jlparkmark »

I am going to help you out here. I used to go to a ton of weekend crops when I lived in Pennsylvania. Out here they pretty much don't exist. I never planned ahead and usually wound up taking pretty much my whole craft room. I would fill my entire Honda Odyssey! Then I would spend so much of my time finding my stuff in my bins and bags and boxes. At the end I didn't get anywhere near as much done as I could have. One of the people I went with did kits. She never did less than two to three times as many pages as me. Si, go make your kits! You will feel much better and be more together in the end!
christinec68
Cherry Bomb

Post by christinec68 »

jlparkmark wrote:I am going to help you out here. I used to go to a ton of weekend crops when I lived in Pennsylvania. Out here they pretty much don't exist. I never planned ahead and usually wound up taking pretty much my whole craft room. I would fill my entire Honda Odyssey! Then I would spend so much of my time finding my stuff in my bins and bags and boxes. At the end I didn't get anywhere near as much done as I could have. One of the people I went with did kits. She never did less than two to three times as many pages as me. Si, go make your kits! You will feel much better and be more together in the end!

This is so true!! All the time spent going through your stash now is the same amount of time you'll spend digging through your stash at the crop, maybe more since it won't be in it's normal spot.  Never mind the time and energy that will be spent moving it all.  I used to drag everything but now I do some pre-planning and it's easier to set up and I am so much more productive. 

ajkulig
Cherry Bing

Post by ajkulig »

jlparkmark wrote:I am going to help you out here. I used to go to a ton of weekend crops when I lived in Pennsylvania. Out here they pretty much don't exist. I never planned ahead and usually wound up taking pretty much my whole craft room. I would fill my entire Honda Odyssey! Then I would spend so much of my time finding my stuff in my bins and bags and boxes. At the end I didn't get anywhere near as much done as I could have. One of the people I went with did kits. She never did less than two to three times as many pages as me. Si, go make your kits! You will feel much better and be more together in the end!
LOL OK so funny--I have a Honda Odyssey and I am bummed I can't take it I have to take my husbands wagon which doesn't have the same amount of space hehe
ajkulig
Cherry Bing

Post by ajkulig »

I made 1.5 kits before bed (better than nothing) but I will do more today. However, I just found out the rental company needs to have an apprasil done on the house for insurance and of course I now have to make sure that the house perfect by Thursday night. 
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

I'm learning to make kits before I go from past experience of not taking enough and then spending too much money buying new stuff that I knew I already had at home! Venders there are nice but it stinks to know you have an embelli, color of paper, etc too far away, you just didn't think about it looking good for those pics! So, grab a few pics...get started on those kits. Don't worry about your desk so much..you'll need to unpack and straighten more when you get home! Enjoy...I love crops, wish I could go to more of them.
Debbie

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

ajkulig wrote:I made 1.5 kits before bed (better than nothing) but I will do more today. However, I just found out the rental company needs to have an apprasil done on the house for insurance and of course I now have to make sure that the house perfect by Thursday night. 

Image Good for you!
Debbie

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2465

Post by emmapaige »

One of the advantages of the NSD ACOT crop is you don't need to pack up your car!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

ajkulig
Cherry Bing

Post by ajkulig »

emmapaige wrote:One of the advantages of the NSD ACOT crop is you don't need to pack up your car!
That is a BIG plus for me. I miss the old days when we had lots of crops LOL
Jenni328
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 6

Post by Jenni328 »

Get your butt in gear, lol!!!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”