Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

Cricut Users ?
Okay, what have ya'll done to help with the paper rolling up (into a little roll it feels like - LOL) when you take it off the mat?  Or have ya'll had this issue?  Thanks for any help you can provide!

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Cricut Users ?
My friends brand new matt was so sticky, the paper was difficult to get off the matt.  I patted a piece of cotton (t-shirt) over it and made it a little less sticky and it worked better for her afterwards.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

SherrieLynne

Cherry Garcia

I find that when I use BoBunny and thinner card stock I have that problem too. I haven't figured out how to keep the paper from rolling or tearing.

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

I'very "hugged" a new mat to my shirt like Karen just mentioned, to get it a little less sticky. And I think it helps to use the spatula to lift it a little at a time. Then if it's a big cut you're taking off the mat, I've seen on YouTube to peel the mat off the paper instead of the paper .... try to keep the paper "horizontal" maybe the way to explain it. HTH
Kim

Image Image  

ajkulig

Cherry Bing

average_kim wrote:I'very "hugged" a new mat to my shirt like Karen just mentioned, to get it a little less sticky. And I think it helps to use the spatula to lift it a little at a time. Then if it's a big cut you're taking off the mat, I've seen on YouTube to peel the mat off the paper instead of the paper .... try to keep the paper "horizontal" maybe the way to explain it. HTH
THIS! I have hugged all my mats too LOL
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}

MacSarah

Sweet Cherry Pie

average_kim wrote:I'very "hugged" a new mat to my shirt like Karen just mentioned, to get it a little less sticky. And I think it helps to use the spatula to lift it a little at a time. Then if it's a big cut you're taking off the mat, I've seen on YouTube to peel the mat off the paper instead of the paper .... try to keep the paper "horizontal" maybe the way to explain it. HTH
Exactly what happens in my world.  I thought the friend that taught me this was nuts, when she said hug it.  I do find it easier to take the mat off the paper, rather than the paper off the mat.
~Sarah~

debamas

Wild Cherry

Have you hugged your mat today? LOL, didn't know to do this but I will try this!
Debbie

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

Along with hugging your mat, try to lift your paper off with your spatula and not just pull it off the mat.
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

Thanks for the ideas.  I'm going to try them and see what happens 

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

When I have a curling paper I just sit something heavy (big book/atlas) on it overnight. It usually works!! Image I've never tried the "shirt" idea! I will try to remember that one!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Sky_Scrapper

Cherry Tart

I trim my paper down so that I don't have a lot of excess to pull off the mat.

Renee P.

Cherry Blossom

Sky_Scrapper wrote:I trim my paper down so that I don't have a lot of excess to pull off the mat.

I do this. I also flip my mat over so my paper is on the bottom and mat is on top, then use my spatula to remove the paper.
Renee

Instagram: reneeleecrafts

Sky_Scrapper

Cherry Tart

I like the idea of peeling the mat off the paper instead of the paper off the mat.  I'll have to try that too.  Thanks!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee