Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

kat_delgado07

Cherry Tart

Cricut Expression mats
Anyone have any ideas on how to clean a cricut mat or renew its stickiness?
Thanks,
Kat

Sara Scraps

Cherry Bing

Re: Cricut Expression mats
Baby wipes. Clean them off really well, lay them out to dry and you are good to go! I did this on all my mats for years- they lasted a really long time too. 

ajkulig

Cherry Bing

kat_delgado07 wrote:Anyone have any ideas on how to clean a cricut mat or renew its stickiness?
Thanks,
Kat
I wash them in mild soapy water and let them air dry. 
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

I scrub mine with baby wipes and let dry.  Then sometimes they are sticky again.  But for more stickiness, I use a jumbo Zig 2 way glue pen to cover it in the glue.  Let it dry overnight so it will be repositionable.  Good as or better than new!
Kim

Image Image  

kat_delgado07

Cherry Tart

Thanks guys.  Any particular type of wipe, are scented ok?

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

kat_delgado07 wrote:Thanks guys.  Any particular type of wipe, are scented ok?
I think any would work . . . I usually keep the unscented on hand for my little kids.
Kim

Image Image  

debamas

Wild Cherry

ajkulig wrote:
kat_delgado07 wrote:Anyone have any ideas on how to clean a cricut mat or renew its stickiness?
Thanks,
Kat

I wash them in mild soapy water and let them air dry. 
This is what I do too. Never tried the baby wipes.
Debbie

Sky_Scrapper

Cherry Tart

I've tried a few things, but here is what works best for me.  I refresh the adhesive with Scotch Repositionable Spray Adhesive.  It's the one in the orange can with the white cap.  It's not available here at ACOT, but maybe soon?  Image  I find that it is just the right amount of "stickiness" for the mats.  I mask off the edges and give one light coat.  Then I let it dry for about 10 minutes, and it's ready to go.  I usually get about 3-4 re-sprays before the mat has just had it, and the can of spray adhesive lasts a long time.

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

I have this pinned on pinterest.  Because my machine is still under warranty, I am waiting to try it :)

http://thescrapmaster.com/2009/02/how-t ... ticky.html
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee