Scrapping without pictures

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Niki
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 142

Scrapping without pictures

Post by Niki »

Do you ever scrap things that you don't have pictures for?
Like maybe something your child did or said but you weren't able (or forgot) to catch the moment in a picture?
If you have could you please copy LO here.
Nicole
Image Image Image
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1789

Re: Scrapping without pictures

Post by CarrieG »

I do lots of journaling type pocket pages (I don't post them here tho)  I just journal and usually treat the journaling as the *photo* and embellish accordingly
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Niki wrote:Do you ever scrap things that you don't have pictures for?
Like maybe something your child did or said but you weren't able (or forgot) to catch the moment in a picture?
If you have could you please copy LO here.

Here is a school pocket page that I did. I know I have other pages w/o pictures but that was before I started posting here on ACOT. I'll see if I can find images of them on my computer. There is one in particular that sounds like what you are looking for. When my 15yo son was about 4, we went to the aquarium.....and as we were leaving, he started looking around like we missed something and then asked "But where are the MERMAIDS?" --- I did a whole page using Disney Little Mermaid paper but of course...NO PICTURES LOL!  I will try to find that one!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Krystle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 697

Post by Krystle »

I've only done it twice -- years and years ago.  The first layout is of our trip to Chicago where we forgot our camera (and didn't have camera phones back then).  I used other things like postcards and playbills to take the place of pictures.

This second layout had no pictures either.  It was more of a journaling page, which sounds like the type of page you are trying to create.

Hope this helps!
stateless
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 335

Post by stateless »

Funny story (except not at the time!) I have a scrapbook dedicated to all of the zoos and aquariums I've been to... I visited the Baltimore Aquarium for the first time in many years and of course took tons of photos. Then I had a brain fart and deleted all the pictures before I copied them to the computer!  All was lost!  I still needed a page for it in the scrapbook so I made a page that has the aquarium map and mats for photos.  Then the mats have [picture not found] stamped on them.  At least I was able to make sure of that stamp!

I think Carrie's idea of treating the journaling as your photo is great.
- Valerie/stateless
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1746

Post by beachlover »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Here is a school pocket page that I did. I know I have other pages w/o pictures but that was before I started posting here on ACOT. I'll see if I can find images of them on my computer. There is one in particular that sounds like what you are looking for. When my 15yo son was about 4, we went to the aquarium.....and as we were leaving, he started looking around like we missed something and then asked "But where are the MERMAIDS?" --- I did a whole page using Disney Little Mermaid paper but of course...NO PICTURES LOL!  I will try to find that one!

super cute!!  you don't want to see the ones I did, so old and way before I found this place!  One day that is art of what I want to redo!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 627

Post by Berta R. »

I didn't have pics to go with this story but it was too funny not to scrap.   So this is what I came up with.

***Berta***
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

I do. Some of the memories I have don't have photos - as I grew up in the film camera era. Here are just a couple: 
ImageImageImageImage
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

Yes. I do. I will check my gallery and upload some that I have done that are not on here.

One is the following...

ImageImage

Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

When they took my dh behind doors to search him (there is no picture for that!), here is what I did.

Other times things I have like maps, tickets, receipts I scrap without pics.  

Here's another example of one:
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

I've done them too...both as a pictureless page, and I've also scrapped conversations with my son with just a photo taken on a random day, not necessarily the day that it happened. I have also used online photos of a place as a compliment to getting my memories of the day down on a layout.

Here's one I did about lying in my bed in the early morning, before anyone was awake, and my thoughts about just listening to the house.

And this is one about a conversation I had with my son, using a picture taken on a totally different day.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2339

Post by Art_Teacher »

I have done a few, and most of they time they are to save memorabilia...ticket stubs, programs, letters, etc.  Some have been CT assignments to scrap without photos, like the ones below:
While I usually find them very difficult, I am pretty happy with how these turned out and see them as a valuable record of my thoughts and feelings at the time...much like a journal.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

Niki, I was in the gallery and saw this LO by Berta, It is a so beautiful and has NO photo. Just journaling.

Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”