Foam Stickers

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Niki
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 142

Foam Stickers

Post by Niki »

You all are probably going to think I am crazy but I am converting all my 12x12 albums into 8 1/2 x 11. The 12 x12 albums and just too big and bulky and hard to carry around or display. I found some really nice 8 1/2 x 11-  3 ring binders that I love so I bought enough to do the converting. (Not to be rude but, I really don't want anyone's opinion if this is good are bad.)

What I wanted to point out is that when I take a lot of the LO from the 12 x12 ablum the foam stickers are just falling off the page. They are no longer sticky. Sometimes they even fall off the sticker back. (I also have recently used some older foam stickers in a new book that just fell off the backing when I took them out of the packaging.) Anyone else notice the foam stickers becoming unstuck after a few years.
Nicole
Image Image Image
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Re: Foam Stickers

Post by Shutterbug »

I have not used my albums. Sorry I am not much help. I was wondering where you have found the 8,5  x11  3 ring binders?  I have been thinking of going back too at least for some of my Layouts..
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

I haven't used too many foam stickers, so I'm not sure if mine are falling off (I'll have to look for some older pages with those), but I have had a lot of issues with epoxy stickers peeling upwards, so they no longer lay flat on the page after a while.
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

I use We Are Memory Keepers 3 ring albums in both the 12x13 and 8 1/2x11 size that I buy at a local (Ca only) craft store.
 And yes on old foam stickers unsticking or coming apart.  In fact I have problems with a lot of the much older SB supplies I have been trying to use up.  I just keep a glue stick handy mostly.
christinec68
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 254

Post by christinec68 »

That's weird...I always found foam stickers to have stronger adhesive than say, chipboard items.  I was flipping through an album last night and noticed a few out of place thickers which I needed to re-adhere with a glue pen.  But that's typical for thickers.  
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1744

Post by beachlover »

I agree that the 12x12's are way too bulky to cart around but I have sooo many that I have to at least use up what I have before thinking of switching over.  I use the Creative Memories albums and love the way my finished albums  sit so nicely on the shelves.  But I am also getting away from putting 3d elements into my albums as they "bulk"  it too much and I notice things start falling out over time - including some Thickers!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Morris4
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 26

Post by Morris4 »

I had noticed that too with some of my old cards.  They were just coming apart.  the adhesive no longer sticky.

I also thought about going back to the 8.5 x 11 size for the same reasons as you.....storage.
It is hard finding a bookshelf that will hold them all.

----------------------------

Blog: http://myordinarylifemorrisway.blogspot.com/
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Post by Flasher »

christinec68 wrote:That's weird...I always found foam stickers to have stronger adhesive than say, chipboard items.  I was flipping through an album last night and noticed a few out of place thickers which I needed to re-adhere with a glue pen.  But that's typical for thickers.  
This is the same for me.  I've never had a problem with foam stickers, but am ALWAYS having to put Thickers back in place! 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Niki
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 142

Post by Niki »

The 8 1/2 x 11 - 3 ring binders I am using are made by K&Company SMASH brand. There are usually near all the SMASH stuff. They hold quite a bit.
Nicole
Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”