Do you ever...?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 627

Do you ever...?

Post by Berta R. »

...print out so many photos you don't know where to start scrapping?     I was so excited to finally get some new ink for my printer that I went crazy printing out pics.  Now I have a stack about 5 inches high and I don't know what I want to scrap first. Image   Hopefully the new challenges will help me decide. Image  This ever happen to any of you?
***Berta***
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Re: Do you ever...?

Post by blbabe1234 »

All the time!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

Yes I usually order at least 100 at a time, I leave them in the envelopes they come in and try to finish an envelope at a time. I'm hoping to catch up on all the photos I have when the weather cools down.
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

I do the opposite usually, like right now I'm down to about 2 layouts' worth & I haven't been in the mood to do them... or to edit & order more pics!
Image Image
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

Yes, this is me right now. It Is making me CRAZY!
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

Yes, for some reason the last time one of the photo sites had the 100 pictures free promotion I ordered 100 pictures from the same event, and now I know for sure I don't need all 100 pictures and I'm not even sure where to start with them, so that whole event sits still unscrapped. As much as I feel it saves me to order prints, it is so tough to know what to order vs. just printing what I need at home.
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

Uh yeah...my last Disney trip I took 1700 pictures...I haven't developed them all (or doubt I ever will) but it is a little overwhelming.  I try to put them into categories and go from there.
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
kate W.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 150

Post by kate W. »

OMG, YES! Right now I have over 5000 pics printed out and except from my wedding in 2013, all the pics are older. For some reason when I order prints I have to order all pics taken in a certain month. Don't ask me why I can't just order a few favorites. So, I've got all these prints from a certain month and year and no idea what to do with them. I didn't even print out the good pics like vacations. I really want to order my honeymoon and vacation pics but I've told myself I can't until I make a huge dent in my 6 photo boxes of old photos. My home printer only gets about 15 photos per brand new ink cartridges and since it's almost $100 to replace ink I stopped printing out photos from home.
2014 Totals 51 layouts
8 cards

joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2449

Post by joannie »

I'm so bad about ordering too many! But at the time of ordering I don't know how I want to scrap them so I tend to have tons of pics left over!! 
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
Berta R.
Cherry Bing

Post by Berta R. »

Kate, I know what you mean about printing at home.  My ink only cost $50 (only?) for refills.  I usually get about 80 colored photos.  But I only print out what I know I'll scrap (someday...Image).  Since I got my digital camera in 2004 I've always printed at home.  But I'm a slow scrapper and the photos pile up quickly.  Image
***Berta***
jcsmaestra
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 930

Post by jcsmaestra »

GmaBerta wrote:...print out so many photos you don't know where to start scrapping?     I was so excited to finally get some new ink for my printer that I went crazy printing out pics.  Now I have a stack about 5 inches high and I don't know what I want to scrap first. Image   Hopefully the new challenges will help me decide. Image  This ever happen to any of you?

The challenges usually help me to decide which photos to scrap.  I divide the photos into stacks of what should go into what scrapbook, then the challenges just seem to fit into the scheme of things.

Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

kate W.
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by kate W. »

GmaBerta wrote:Kate, I know what you mean about printing at home.  My ink only cost $50 (only?) for refills.  I usually get about 80 colored photos.  But I only print out what I know I'll scrap (someday...Image).  Since I got my digital camera in 2004 I've always printed at home.  But I'm a slow scrapper and the photos pile up quickly.  Image

80 photos out of one set of ink cartridges?! Wow! What kind of printer do you have?  Mine is a Lexmark all in one and it's horrible! The picture quality is terrible, it's grainy and if I get 20 usable prints out of one set of ink cartridges I'm doing good.  I got a my first camera digital in 2006. Since then both girls got cameras plus now we all take 1000's of phone pics. I've got so many photos stored on my computer that even if I never take another photo I'll never even make a sent in scrapping them all.

2014 Totals 51 layouts
8 cards

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

I used to only print as I needed my photos, but then I started ordering to save paper and ink. I have 3 sights were I can get 100 free prints a month and only pay for shipping. Well, I haven't scrapped hardly at all these past few months, but I still order and order and order...............you get the "picture". I am a little overwhelmed right now with them too.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
kate W.
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by kate W. »

mgehrke wrote:I used to only print as I needed my photos, but then I started ordering to save paper and ink. I have 3 sights were I can get 100 free prints a month and only pay for shipping. Well, I haven't scrapped hardly at all these past few months, but I still order and order and order...............you get the "picture". I am a little overwhelmed right now with them too.

Do you recommend any of the sites you use, Mildred?  100 free prints a month would be great!

2014 Totals 51 layouts
8 cards

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2144

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

blbabe1234 wrote:All the time!
My thought exactly!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
Berta R.
Cherry Bing

Post by Berta R. »

Kate...my printer in an HP Officejet.  I can usually get 20 sheets of four 4 X 6 photos.  Then I always seem to have enough black ink to print out a bunch of documents or sketches before that runs out. 
***Berta***
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

Absolutely yes.  lol
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

Yes! I think that is my problem now. I have lots of new pics and supplies and I can not seem  to decided which ones to scrap with my new collections. I need to just dig in and get started!
ImageImage 

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

scrapy1967 wrote:Yes! I think that is my problem now. I have lots of new pics and supplies and I can not seem  to decided which ones to scrap with my new collections. I need to just dig in and get started!

I'm the same way! Image
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

I have over 550 pictures for 2013.   I go chronological all the way.   I tried going out of order and it was horrific to the point where I didn't scrapbook for 6 months
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”