Unexpected Surprises

Moderator: ACOT Employee

christinec68
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 254

Unexpected Surprises

Post by christinec68 »

In the beginning of the year I bought one sheet of this paper Bo Bunny Pop Quiz - Report Card Paper

Image Image

It was like the piece of paper that could. I used it on 6 layouts and in a mini-album. One sheet!  I got down to the smallest scrap and held onto it because I knew I would use it up which finally happened on a layout from last week. 

Do you ever run across a paper or something that you love and works so well for you that you stretch it out like this?  
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Re: Unexpected Surprises

Post by blbabe1234 »

Wow! 6 layouts and a mini album?! That is amazing!

If a sheet of paper can easily be fussy-cut, then yes, I tend to hold onto it for dear life!

For example Canvas Corp's "Dog Sampler"

That sheet lasted a good while! I'll have to look at my layouts to get a count on how many times I used it.

**EDITED**
Just checked and I've used this one sheet on four layouts.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
christinec68
Cherry Bomb

Post by christinec68 »

I could totally see that paper going far!! 
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1789

Post by CarrieG »

very cool!  wtg on getting it to last
CNMommy
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 153

Post by CNMommy »

woohoo! Go you! I do that with arrow/stripe paper. I find for my style a little goes a long way!
~Crystal
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1053

Post by pawprints »

WTG!!!

Image Image Image

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

I love both papers...and yes, I have papers that I have used and used and bought more of.  I was into a "graph paper" phase for a while and found it to be so versatile.

Brandy...can you buy that paper in the ACOT store?  I LOVE!!!Image
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1385

Post by Sara Scraps »

I do the same thing! I have had numerous sheets like that. I like to think of myself as a frugal scrapper...every little bit gets saved and used.:)
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

yep I keep a big scrap box under the table and am always digging through it for stuff I know I have used and would be perfect again.  But, lol, I have never counted the number of items I used any particular piece of pp for.  WTG 
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1370

Post by scrappinmom99 »

That's awesome! This is why I love double sided paper and my dh can't figure out why they make double sided designs lol. you can use it so many different ways.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
christinec68
Cherry Bomb

Post by christinec68 »

scrappinmom99 wrote:That's awesome! This is why I love double sided paper and my dh can't figure out why they make double sided designs lol. you can use it so many different ways.

It took me a long time to get on board and now that's there's mostly no choice (ha), I'm good with it. 

christinec68
Cherry Bomb

Post by christinec68 »

Charleneanne wrote:yep I keep a big scrap box under the table and am always digging through it for stuff I know I have used and would be perfect again.  But, lol, I have never counted the number of items I used any particular piece of pp for.  WTG 

I have a box of scraps too and probably use some on every layout.  But I only counted this paper because I try to link products to the projects I post in the gallery so it's easy to see where it went.  Ordinarily, I would have no idea! LOL  

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

Good job stretching it out!

One of my first rolls of washi tape was a yellow chevron from Bella Blvd., and I surprised myself by using a whole roll and had to buy another!  I didn't think I used much yellow, but it went with so many projects . . .

Kim

Image Image  
christinec68
Cherry Bomb

Post by christinec68 »

average_kim wrote:Good job stretching it out!

One of my first rolls of washi tape was a yellow chevron from Bella Blvd., and I surprised myself by using a whole roll and had to buy another!  I didn't think I used much yellow, but it went with so many projects . . .

Impressive!!  I can't imagine using a whole roll.  There's one I have that I don't like too much which I have been using as tape when I scrapbook for over 2 years and there's still plenty there...LOL

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

1scrappymom wrote:I love both papers...and yes, I have papers that I have used and used and bought more of.  I was into a "graph paper" phase for a while and found it to be so versatile.

Brandy...can you buy that paper in the ACOT store?  I LOVE!!!Image

I was able to get a sheet of it about a year ago, but they are always out now. Not sure if they'll get any. But the brand name is Canvas Corp. I managed to get 2 sheets each of their doggie collection when I was in Houston for CKC
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 745

Post by sherelm »

I loved a paper from years ago that had little tiny quotes on a blue, and it was about things I love.  It was so very tiny in print, but it had these pink hearts all over it.  I used it down to one tiny little piece, and was so sad when it was used up - it was my "go to" layering paper.
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

Beautiful paper and I can understand you using it so easily!

I have two sheets in the last year that were favorites.

This one was a favorite for fussy cutting the cameras.  Not really into Bokeh paper on B side.  It's in my Paper Basket to get another.

Then right from the start I purchased two of this one for script side, then purchased two more!  Looking at it again and I want to buy more!

christinec68
Cherry Bomb

Post by christinec68 »

I really love that second sheet...between the text and the squares Image
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 949

Post by suewho372 »

blbabe1234 wrote:Wow! 6 layouts and a mini album?! That is amazing!

If a sheet of paper can easily be fussy-cut, then yes, I tend to hold onto it for dear life!

For example Canvas Corp's "Dog Sampler"

That sheet lasted a good while! I'll have to look at my layouts to get a count on how many times I used it.

**EDITED**
Just checked and I've used this one sheet on four layouts.

i have done 1 layout so far with this and plan to use it on several more!!!

Susan

killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

christinec68 wrote:I really love that second sheet...between the text and the squares Image
I just counted the number of layouts I did and it was four.  So I may still have more of that paper.  I like the card side, too and this is the layout where I used the cards and script side.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”