Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

do you..........
store complete lines together or do you break them down--paper vs embellies etc???

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Re: do you..........
I store my collections together. It is easier for me because it takes me longer matching paper if they are mixed in with other collections/companies.

I usually put the collection embellishments on top of the paper in my paper sorter.

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

I have the Sterlite 12 x 12 three drawer units stacked side by side. In all the drawers on the left are the papers and each of the drawers to the right have the embellies that go with the papers in the drawer to its left. Does that make sense?

ImageImage Image Image  

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

pawprints wrote:I have the Sterlite 12 x 12 three drawer units stacked side by side. In all the drawers on the left are the papers and each of the drawers to the right have the embellies that go with the papers in the drawer to its left. Does that make sense?

yup makes sense!

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

CarrieG wrote:
pawprints wrote:I have the Sterlite 12 x 12 three drawer units stacked side by side. In all the drawers on the left are the papers and each of the drawers to the right have the embellies that go with the papers in the drawer to its left. Does that make sense?

yup makes sense!
Good. Thanks lol.

ImageImage Image Image  

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

I seldom buy complete lines and I put stuff away by what it is rather than who made it.  Of course I often have a devil of a time finding something I know I have  but just can't put my hands on.  lol

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I also do not put away by lines or together. Everything is put away by category.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

I store paper in a different place than my embellies. I have the 12 x 12 stackers like Barb and I like her idea!
Susan

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I store collections together. I"m a huge Basic Grey and Bo Bunny fan, so those papers/embellies are stored together. Everything else is more theme-oriented, storing paper with paper; and embellies with embellies
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I store them together until I've made a few layouts, and then I break them down into categories.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

cort

Cherry Bing

I have a 10 drawer organizer (you know the ones the craft stores always run on sale on black friday)  each drawer is a designated company or theme.  For example I have 2 drawers of Core'dinations (nope don't have a paper problem at allImage)  it is all the paper i have by that company whether is is just basic stock or a designer line.  I have a graphic 45 drawer but it is combined with some other "vintage" type papers.    If i have a particular project that I purchased a line for i keep it in a 12x12 iris case with the photos for that project.  I find that that helps me just grab that particular project and get to work instead of hunting for everything and not getting everything accomplished.

I do have some other misc papers that are in a divided jetmax storage..i place the card board from paper packs in between then use file folder labels on them so that it sticks out...i think they are divided by floral, geometric, holidays etc. 

I have re organized a few different times and i think it just takes time to find what works for you and your style...and i'm always game to see what other cherries are doing in there rooms because there are tons of great ideas
ImageImage

kate W.

Sweet Cherry Pie

I have all my paper (except holidays) separate from embellies. I store my paper in an open "tub" on wheels sorted alphabetically by manufacturers.  Then it depends on the embellie on how I have it stored. I have two rolling carts, a large basket and two 3 drawer plastic desktop cases. Most of my embellies are then sorted by color into their own drawer. I go by the predominant color in a pack (i.e. if it is a chipboard sticker sheet and the predominant color in everything is pink it goes in the pink drawer). Wood veneers have their own drawer as well as Washi and brads. Older sticker sheets and dimensional stickers that I cannot determine a predominant color or that are themed (i.e. baby, school, graduation, wedding, animals, etc) go in a large basket that I often forget to look in when searching for embellies. Oops! Oh, and flair gets its own special basket that I keep having to change up to a bigger basket as I find myself unable to rein in my flair addiction. The only embellies that I do not separate by color are Fancy Pants and Simple Stories . They have their own basket because I find their embellies hard to mix with others.
2014 Totals 51 layouts
8 cards

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

mostly together at least until I use them the first time. Afterwards they go into separate places if I think I will notice them more.
SUS ImageImageImage

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

oohhhh I love that idea!!!!
SUS ImageImageImage

AshleyC

Cherry Tart

I break it all up! I keep like embellishments with like -- die cuts together, brads together, enamel dots together, etc.
And then I sort almost all of my paper by company. I don't sort by individual collection.

I found it much easier to store everything this way (separated) as it was more space efficient, and I don't usually use an entire line together anyway. :)

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I keep them together NOW.  I did not use to.  I would go and do a layout with say, K&Co., and later find embellies that went with the papers that I had forgotten about.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

I keep the papers together and the embellishments separated by category (i.e. journaling spots, flowers, bling)
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

noyolo .

Cherry Tart

a lot of useful advice, thank you)

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

I keep them together until I start using them. After that they just go where ever I can find a spot. I tried keeping stuff together but I like to work with a lot of different companies so it was not working for me. Part of the fun for me is pulling out stuff I wouldn't have thought to use as I am doing a layout.
ImageImage 

traveler

Cherry Cola

I don't always buy matching stuff, but if I do I keep it together. I stick the embellishments in the plastic bag with the paper and store it wherever I would store the paper (by company or theme, I have a combination of both systems). 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee