Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

sherry

Cherry Bing

Help with Cuttlebug/Sizzix-- Still Confused
Hello Everyone- First, many thank yous for all the information you have been kind enough to give me in the last two weeks as I delve into the world of embossing my own papers.  I am so excited!!  I settled on a Cuttlebug, and have purchased some Cricut Cuttlebug folders.  I don't get the machine until Friday, but, as I said, I'm excited!  So ACOT has a good sale on Sizzix embossing folders right now, I'd like to take advantage of that.  I added about 5 or 6 into my basket.  BUT.....of the ones I picked (examples: Textured Impressions; Embossing Folders Set 4; a couple of Brenda Walton ones etc)-- ALL have this disclaimer :  For use in Texture Boutique, Big Kick, Big Shot & Vagabond machines only.  I called ACOT, they don't deal with the products directly, I called Sizzix, they weren't sure.  Has anyone used these Sizzix embossing folders with success with the Cuttlebug?  Why wouldn't they work?  Earlier many said most folders are able to be used on most machines etc.  I'm just trying to figure this out.  These folders are 6 1/2" by 4 1/2", would they be too big for the Cuttlebug?  Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

Re: Help with Cuttlebug/Sizzix-- Still Confused
It seems you need additional cutting plates to use the sizzix folders in the cuttlebug.

Here are directions I found online.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8404197_use-emb ... chine.html

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

christinec68 wrote:It seems you need additional cutting plates to use the sizzix folders in the cuttlebug.

Here are directions I found online.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8404197_use-emb ... chine.html

The A plate and the B plate come with the Cuttlebug. You don't need anything else for the embossing folders. Sizzix and other brands of embossing folders work beautifully with the Cuttlebug. I have a bunch from Darice too.

I think the reason they only mention those machines is because those are the ones made by Sizzix themselves.

ImageImage Image Image  

Scrap Bug

Cherry Bomb

They'll work just fine in the Cuttlebug.  
Melissa

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee