Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

sherry

Cherry Bing

Question for Cuttlebug Owners
A couple of weeks ago I posted a general question about embossing/die cutting machines.  I already have a Cricut, so I was really more interested in the embossing.  Thanks to all the educated replies, I settled on the Cuttlebug, due to its simplicity and smaller size, I don't room for anything very big.  Ok, so now this question.  I will have the machine on Friday, and of course I have already ordered many Cricut Cuttlebug embossing folders, my favorites being Anna Griffin.  But I have seen a lot of Sizzix ones I like a lot- I am into flourishes, scrolling, elegance, not so much geometrics.  So, my question is, how easily do the Sizzix embossing folders work on the Cuttlebug?  I've picked up, in reading here & there, stuff about having to shimmy etc., I really don't want to get that involved.  Do they go through effortlessly or do you have to jimmy stuff around to get them to work?  All replies are appreciated!

MisasMom

Cherry Blossom

Re: Question for Cuttlebug Owners
I have not had any issues with Sizzix folders in my Cuttlebug.
Pat

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

I've used Sizzix and all brands of embossing folders in my Cuttlebug. You don't usually have to shim embossing folders, since embossing folders are all usually the same thickness. The shimming comes along sometimes when you use the thin wafer dies that also emboss. You sometimes have to shim to just thicken the sandwich up slightly. It's really not as big of a deal as it sounds. It may just be a a piece of cardboard and/or a few pieces of cardstock. I have a note on my bulletin board as to what I use to shim those particular dies. As you use your Cuttlebug you'll get the idea. I found a lot of info on YouTube. Whenever I wanted to see if a particular die would work on my Cuttlebug I would just google Cuttlebug plus the brand name of the die and I would always find someone that shows how to use that brand die with the Cuttlebug. Have fun with it. I LOVE mine!

ImageImage Image Image  

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

When I use the very thin metal sizzix dies I just use plate C. It doesn't come with your cuddlebug, you have to purchase it separately. Your cuddlebug will come with a booklet and it will tell you what to use for different dies. That's how I learned about plate C. The booklet is very informative.

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Barb was exactly right!!!

Even with my Revolution there are some dies I have had to shim and it doesn't work off a sandwich system.

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Croppinmama wrote:When I use the very thin metal sizzix dies I just use plate C. It doesn't come with your cuddlebug, you have to purchase it separately. Your cuddlebug will come with a booklet and it will tell you what to use for different dies. That's how I learned about plate C. The booklet is very informative.
I forgot to mention the C plate. You can also buy long plates if you buy longer dies or long 12" embossing folders.

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee