Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

2boysma

Cherry Berry

Tulle question...
How would you guys adhere tulle to a scrapbook page?  I want to adhere it flat…never done that before.  Then, I will have embellishments - title blocks - to adhere on TOP of the tulle.  
Suggestions?  I don't want the adhesive to show through, of course.  Thank you.  
Jeanne

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Tulle question...
I would just use a clear adhesive runner or zots type glue strips

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

I would say zots and put them under places you plan to put embellies on top.  :)
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

MacSarah

Sweet Cherry Pie

If you want the whole page covered I would fold it over the edge all the way around and use washi or something of the like to hold it down on the backside.
~Sarah~

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

I would wrap it around the edges of the page, but would also use adhesive under some photo mats and other embellies.  I did a layout once with 6 inch wide tulle on one side, and I used my ATG, but any strong adhesive would work.
Kim

Image Image  

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I fully agree with the above.  I have not covered the page with it or gone to the edge but have used Glue dots to hold.  And then I got to thinking about it from a technique standpoint and working on a project.  I was thinking paper corners which can use glue to hold the tulle.....hmmmm just might have to try that!

PurpleGoddess

Cherry Blossom

I would use a spray adhesive and spray it on the tulle then lay that on your paper. The embellies  you will add on top will also help anchor it.

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I would sew it on or put a trim on the top where I could hide adhesive.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

I like the spray adhesive suggestion. I bet the adhesive wouldn't even show - great idea.

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

I've used my ATG to adhere tulle and other fabric to a scrapbook page before.  Like the others suggested, if you could also place some zots or glue dots where embellishments will cover, it would add some more stability.
Rebecca

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

I have used clear glue and then also layered it a bit under the edge of a photo or paper. It has worked out for me quite well
Susan

AshleyC

Cherry Tart

I would hide the adhesive under the embellishments that are on top of the tulle. And I'd probably use glue dots, or a liquid glue like Aleene's Acid Free Tacky glue!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee