Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

HL again...grrrrrrr LOL
so my oldest DD, her bf and another friend went to the Phoenix Comicon over the weekend.........and yuppppppppp I NEED at least something comic related......which means I have do go into the sensory overload store again..LOL  alas acot has nuttin............sigh
I am coupon ready and bee lining straight to the sb section....looking for something and then right back out....I will not get sucked in...LOL  I am not taking my bank card with me even....just a lil bit of cash...ROFL

Christi S.

Cherry Bing

Re: HL again...grrrrrrr LOL
Good luck to you.  Take your phone with you so that you can call for help if needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015
     Layouts 299, Cards 331, Mini Books 5

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

If my son, James, knew I knew someone went he would have been soooooooooo jealous!  I happened to ask waft he was doing Saturday when he came out if his room.  I'm currently on Reddit catching up on Comicon!

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I did a search on Marvel here & found some licensed character stuff.  I also know there are a lot of game-related things here.  What kinds of things did she do? 
Image Image

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

killarney_rose wrote:If my son, James, knew I knew someone went he would have been soooooooooo jealous!  I happened to ask waft he was doing Saturday when he came out if his room.  I'm currently on Reddit catching up on Comicon!

LOL  hehe  she had a blast...and they went to geek prom  :)  they are not really into all the Marvel/StarWars etc............  they went as Bee and Deckard from 'Bee and Puppycat'........more of Adventure Time/Cartoon Hangover type fans........altho dd was OBSESSED with Batman for yearssssssssssss..lol

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

PezKat wrote:I did a search on Marvel here & found some licensed character stuff.  I also know there are a lot of game-related things here.  What kinds of things did she do? 

not so much star wars/super hero type stuff.....more cartoon hangover/adventure time related........sigh   I knew I wouldn't really find anything related to that but I thought I might be able to find some pp that was kinda comic book related and maybe some bow pam type stickers..........grrrrrrrrrrrr

I think in my crate boys rule stuff I prob have a few video game type things--her bf did make it into the finals in a video game tournament  :)  hmmmmmmmmm maybe I need to just look in boy type stuff for things

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

well that was a BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!  no nuttin except some superman ugly stickers..........NOT what I was shooting for...........I can get creative if need be...but I was hoping at least to find some comic book related papers.............phooey

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Close to My Heart had a line about two years ago? Maybe one?  With lots of great comic themed without being IN YOUR FACE, KWIM?  Joey is going to ComicCon Philadelphia next week or the following weekend.  I forget.  He goes every year.  Michael's has some great stickers of Comic stuff, too.  Go check it out there.  I wish I could pass some paper thru the internet to you.  Someday we will be able to.  lol

Christi S.

Cherry Bing

I like doing paper piecing when I can't find what I want.  I find a clip art or a coloring page and print it out the size I want and then cut out the pieces of the graphic in the colors I want them and then piece them back together like a puzzle.  For instance, I didn't have a embellishment of Tigger eating, so I just made one myself! 

Hope this helps!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015
     Layouts 299, Cards 331, Mini Books 5

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

CarrieG wrote:well that was a BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!  no nuttin except some superman ugly stickers..........NOT what I was shooting for...........I can get creative if need be...but I was hoping at least to find some comic book related papers.............phooey

Yeah, that's what I was going to say - I wouldn't expect them (or JoAnn's) to have anything - *maybe* Michael's but maybe not.  And yes, the CTMH ones were awesome!!  You might still be able to find some on eBay.  Karen Foster had a fun medieval line but I don't know about comics.  (We go to GenCon every year which is a gaming con - lots of costumes there too!  So I'm quite familiar w/that style of scrappy stuff....)
Image Image

jlparkmark

Sweet Cherry Pie

What about using a transfer technique and printing something from the internet and transferring it onto your pages?

jrrah4903

Cherry Cola

did you make it out??? :) lol
- Jillian

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

jrrah4903 wrote:did you make it out??? :) lol

yup and with empty hands  :(

scrappyjo

Cherry Blossom

We got a hobby lobby about 4 years ago, I was familiar with them because my mom has 2 by her house ,of course I was Thriiled we were getting one, but the first time I took dd in which she did not want to go in there ..she had her hands full of stuff and left with 2 carts full lol ( not scrapping stuff but other stuff ) Image
Scrappyjo

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Go onto e-bay and do a search for Marvel Scrapbook Paper.   There I found a few. Did not see what shipping or prices were.  BUT a place to start.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

tjones wrote:We got a hobby lobby about 4 years ago, I was familiar with them because my mom has 2 by her house ,of course I was Thriiled we were getting one, but the first time I took dd in which she did not want to go in there ..she had her hands full of stuff and left with 2 carts full lol ( not scrapping stuff but other stuff ) Image

yupppppp its the *other* stuff that is badddddddddddddddd for me......................lol

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

Shutterbug wrote:Go onto e-bay and do a search for Marvel Scrapbook Paper.   There I found a few. Did not see what shipping or prices were.  BUT a place to start.

thank you  :)

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

tjones wrote:We got a hobby lobby about 4 years ago, I was familiar with them because my mom has 2 by her house ,of course I was Thriiled we were getting one, but the first time I took dd in which she did not want to go in there ..she had her hands full of stuff and left with 2 carts full lol ( not scrapping stuff but other stuff ) Image
I went to Hobby Lobby today and made my 1st purchase it was under $`3,00 and $9 of it was a FORD tactile Sign to put away for DH birthday.  I could have spent a fortune but, Kept myself out of t e scrappy area for that reason.  BUT, I got some FOrd Stickers and a nativity sticker set. ( I collect nativities and had to buy them when I see them.)
Kimber

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

CarrieG wrote:
Shutterbug wrote:Go onto e-bay and do a search for Marvel Scrapbook Paper.   There I found a few. Did not see what shipping or prices were.  BUT a place to start.

thank you  :)
Carrie, you are welcome.  I also did a Google Search, there are some there too. Once you Google search it then look at the images too.

Kimber

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

There was some washi that looked like comics . . . I got some made by Scotch at Staples and have seen some at Target.

I know ACOT had some; will keep looking for you.

You could also use stars and polka dots.
Kim

Image Image  

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee