Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

SherrieLynne

Cherry Garcia

hurting so much more
OMG! Most of you don't have a clue what I have been going through for the last 4 years. My sister took my mom from me and I haven't seen or talked to her. Now my sister is not having a funeral or visitation for my mom. She is having a burial at the VA Home and you have to be on an invited list to go. OMG how can she do this? I just can't believe there can be someone so evil.

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

Re: hurting so much more
I can believe someone can be that evil.  I feel your pain.  For me, it was four aunt's with my grandparent's ashes.  It is so heartbreaking.  I hope you get some resolution soon!
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

I have no words Sherrie. I  am so sorry your sister is doing this to you.  

Maybe have your own memorial service to celebrate your mother's life and mourn with the people you love and who love you.  

JillinIN

Cherry Cola

OMG. That's so awful. I'm so sorry. It's hard to understand how people can be so cruel.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Again, I cannot imagine what you're going through.  There isn't much we can do to avoid the evilness of some people.  I know your heart is breaking.  I think Christine has a great idea.  Maybe have your own memorial service for your mother.  I'm sorry.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

That is heartbreaking. I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. I think Christines idea is great too. HUGS!
***Tanya***

cajenkins81

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. People can be mean for sure, and I've seen it happen all too often when someone passes on. I agree with holding  your own memorial service. Find your own way to celebrate your mother and your own way to find closure. So sorry. 
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I don't understand how people can be so cruel either. Your sister must harbor a lot of hate to be able to shut you out like this, and that hatred is eventually going to eat her away as well. With how much your sister was cutting your mom off from the outside world and the rest of her family, perhaps she is now in a better place, where she can see whom she wants, and watch your children and grandchildren from afar. I know that doesn't replace actually having her there, but maybe you can gain some peace from knowing that you never stopped caring and loving her, and your love now goes to her on angel's wings.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Melissa S.

Sweet Cherry Pie

Sherrie Lynn, I'm so sorry for your pain and loss.  My father's wife did the very same type of thing and the heartache was unbearable and just knowing there are some people who can be so mean and petty is astounding.  I'm very sorry for you.

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

oh Sherrie, I can't even put into words here how I feel about this. ImageImageImage

I love the idea of having a memorial service for your mom and Ayla is right, now your mom can see you and know that you love her very much. May you find peace during this time and know the cherries are always here for you!!!
SUS ImageImageImage

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I'm so sorry, I do think you should do your own memorial service for your mom. I don't understand how people, especially family members can be so cruel.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

I am so sorry you have to deal with your sister being so horrible on top of the loss of your mom; I agree with Christine's thought too...  you need to have a way to say goodbye for yourself, so make your own arrangements and try not to let your sister make this tragedy even worse! 
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Sherrie, I'm so very sorry your sister is acting like this! That's so sad! My heart breaks for you. I agree about having your own little memorial service. Lots of hugs!
Image Image ImageImage

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

So sorry for your loss and the way your sister is acting.  hugs and prayers for you and your family.
Kim

Image Image  

ratgirl

Sweet Cherry Pie

Family members can be so horrid. It's like they say, they know how to press our buttons because they installed them. Image People also often act especially nasty when someone they love dies. They want someone to blame, they want everything to be their own version of "perfect" and it doesn't matter who they hurt. I'm sure the people at the after-burial will be upset that you weren't invited. Surely, after 4 years, they know that she's shutting you out unfairly and that's why you can't be there.

Honestly, I don't think you can be prohibited from attending the burial. Of course, it's up to you to decide if you think that would instigate too much drama if your sister throws a fit.

It sounds like you aren't the only one she has shut out who cares deeply about your mother. Are they planning a memorial together? Surely they would want you there.

I know that the hardest part is the time with your mom, when she was alive, that was stolen from you. It wasn't right and wasn't fair, and I'm so so sorry. I know about family lunacy, but I also know I can't possibly understand how painful that is for you. Try to be gentle with yourself, don't let your sister hurt you more than she already has (easier said than done, but still...), and do whatever you need to do to celebrate your mother's life and say goodbye, at least for now. Best of luck to you.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

That is so wrong! I am so sorry Sherrie!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Oh Sherrie, I am so sorry you are having to deal with this.  It's painful enough to lose a parent but when family members are so cruel, that is especially difficult. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Oh Sherrie my heart hurts for you. I have never heard of such curelness. Take the advise of the other Cherries and have your own memorial. It will be as you want it to be and you can then have closure. (((HUGS))) to you and no I can't even imagine what you are going through now.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

Oh Sherrie that is so mean.  I'm so sorry you are going through this. 

*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

citygirl22

Sweet Cherry Pie

I am so sorry you're having to deal with this. People can be so cruel and unfair sometimes. Is there any family member who is "neutral" and can work as a mediator of sorts between you and your sister? Maybe if someone just sat down with her and explained that now was a time to put differences aside she would come around? If not, I agree with the idea of having your own memorial service. It's important to celebrate and honor your mom's legacy, even if you do it "unofficially" and away from the rest of the family. 
Stephanie
I blog @ Skyline Paperie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee