We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Scrap-A-Day, January 24th
Good morning cherries!!!  It is 30 degrees this far south, with the wind chill at 18 and rain. We have ICE! If South TEXAS is that cold, I'm afraid to ask how everyone else is doing! Overpasses and bridges are closed. Power is out on the island and the beaches. Winds out of the North blowing at 20 mph. But we are okay. We have a gas heater, so even if we do lose power, we will have heat. And my poor babies! OMG! I have never seen 5 dogs go outside in the morning to potty and come back in in less than 5 mins! Especially Penny Lane! Poor baby was shaking so badly. I had to go out with her. She never left my side. She is wearing a sweater. And Ruby wanted her hoodie. The others are okay. And usually, after breakfast, they all go back outside. Not today! They all went into the living room and Jeffrey was on the small couch and Penny on the large bed before DH headed off to work. And they didn't even tell him goodbye!

Anyways, who's scrapping today? I might be able to! My client has 7 locations scattered across Texas - Corpus Christi being the main branch. I highly doubt the locations north of me went into the office today - unless they are working from home, which they can do. But if I do get emails, it might just be from Laredo, Brownsville and Corpus. I'm glad I got all the laundry and housework done. I knew it was gonna be cold and I would hate to take blankets away from the doggies. So now everything is clean. Funny about the weather - yesterday I was wearing a tank top and capris with flip flops until 4pm. The high temp was 74. By 5:15pm, it was 52 degrees with winds gusting to 45 mph! Crazy!!

Speaking of scrapping, I worked on the BF sketch last night. Just needs a few more embellies. Would have finished it last night, but DH wanted to watch a movie. So we did that instead.

And you?
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap-A-Day, January 24th
Hi Brandy. Yes, I am scrapping today. Way too cold to go out if you ask me. I woke to a wind chill of 11 degrees!!!!!!!!!! I may be wrong, but seems to me SC should not be that cold, lol. They actually have snow in our forecast 2 days next week! Bring on Summer I say!!!! Anyway, I just finished the use your stash challenge, did some paper picking, now ready to start another. Keep them furbabies warm, and you too!!!! 

ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

oceanbreezes423 wrote:Hi Brandy. Yes, I am scrapping today. Way too cold to go out if you ask me. I woke to a wind chill of 11 degrees!!!!!!!!!! I may be wrong, but seems to me SC should not be that cold, lol. They actually have snow in our forecast 2 days next week! Bring on Summer I say!!!! Anyway, I just finished the use your stash challenge, did some paper picking, now ready to start another. Keep them furbabies warm, and you too!!!! 

LOL..you would think South Texas wouldn't be that cold either! I mean..from Corpus Christi, it takes about 2 1/2 hrs to get to the US/Mexican border!  It is CRAZY!

Anyways...LOVE that paper. Are those die cuts?
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

good morning!
I would like to scrap today but I have mucho busy junk to do..... :(  I am hoping to plan out some pages tonight so that I can get a few done over the weekend........
im a bit MEH this morning..so its prob better I don't scrap..LOL

jrrah4903

Cherry Cola

MOrning!! YES I am undoubtedly scrapping today! Yay :) I have a vacation day off work today to pack and put projects together and to get in some time w/my kiddos since they are off school today for teacher in service, because this afternoon I am off til Sunday to scrapbook retreat weekend with my 3 best girlfriends. YAHOOIE! :) Love it.
- Jillian

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

CarrieG wrote:good morning!
I would like to scrap today but I have mucho busy junk to do..... :(  I am hoping to plan out some pages tonight so that I can get a few done over the weekend........

Sorry you're not 100% today Carrie. Hope you get out of this funk and can scrap later.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

jrrah4903 wrote:MOrning!! YES I am undoubtedly scrapping today! Yay :) I have a vacation day off work today to pack and put projects together and to get in some time w/my kiddos since they are off school today for teacher in service, because this afternoon I am off til Sunday to scrapbook retreat weekend with my 3 best girlfriends. YAHOOIE! :) Love it.

Wow, that is awesome!!  Have FUN!Image
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

Hi girls! It is minus 4 here with a wind chill of minus 12. I just got a page done I started last night of Sophie. She just went to her area for a nap so I am going to try to start another one. My prize says it is out for delivery again today. hopefully another driver will have it and they will come back our drive. It is not bad. So not sure what the issue was yesterday.
ImageImage 

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

scrapy1967 wrote:Hi girls! It is minus 4 here with a wind chill of minus 12. I just got a page done I started last night of Sophie. She just went to her area for a nap so I am going to try to start another one. My prize says it is out for delivery again today. hopefully another driver will have it and they will come back our drive. It is not bad. So not sure what the issue was yesterday.

I cannot imagine it being that cold. Crazy. Sophie is so cute. Can't wait to see your LO!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

tracys

Cherry Blossom

Hello ladies how is everyone? It is freezing in Northwest Indiana. yesterday there was a 40 car/semi truck pile up on our main highway. Many injuries and 3 deaths. From what I heard the main cause was driver error and not the weather. A driver of an suv was going too fast and had to swerve to avoid hitting a truck and lost control and hit a concrete wall thus creating a ripple effect. I feel bad for everyone involved. Luckily no one I knew was involved. Ladies be careful when you go out. It is cold and the road conditions change very quickly. Enough of the bad news…
I have layout mostly completed except for journaling. I am hoping to complete it tonight. I hope everyone is having a safe, warm and happy day.
[highlight=#fafafa]Image[/highlight]

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

tracys wrote:Hello ladies how is everyone? It is freezing in Northwest Indiana. yesterday there was a 40 car/semi truck pile up on our main highway. Many injuries and 3 deaths. From what I heard the main cause was driver error and not the weather. A driver of an suv was going too fast and had to swerve to avoid hitting a truck and lost control and hit a concrete wall thus creating a ripple effect. I feel bad for everyone involved. Luckily no one I knew was involved. Ladies be careful when you go out. It is cold and the road conditions change very quickly. Enough of the bad news…
I have layout mostly completed except for journaling. I am hoping to complete it tonight. I hope everyone is having a safe, warm and happy day.

OMG that is horrible and so sad!

Have a great scrappy day!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

blbabe1234 wrote:
scrapy1967 wrote:Hi girls! It is minus 4 here with a wind chill of minus 12. I just got a page done I started last night of Sophie. She just went to her area for a nap so I am going to try to start another one. My prize says it is out for delivery again today. hopefully another driver will have it and they will come back our drive. It is not bad. So not sure what the issue was yesterday.

I cannot imagine it being that cold. Crazy. Sophie is so cute. Can't wait to see your LO!
seriously bone chilling. My furnace runs non stop. There is no break in this either. Still cold for the next seven days.
ImageImage 

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

blbabe1234 wrote:
CarrieG wrote:good morning!

Sorry you're not 100% today Carrie. Hope you get out of this funk and can scrap later.

just been a long week of no one in the house truly feeling tip top.......and mom gets no rest........this too will pass..(the feeling icky...not the mom never getting to rest..haha)

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Well I have been very productive today in my scrappy room. I came up with a title page for my 2013 album.

Then I did this LO for the January Take 2 Challenge. I was able to do both since my title is chip board, and I used flourishes behind it.

Also, DH finished wood burning the ornament we got from the tree farm. I took it and put a picture of the kids and the tree from our outing. I just have to add some twine to it so we can hang it next year on the tree. I really like how it came out.

ImageImage
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Wow Mildred! Those layouts are all awesome! I love that ornament
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Its quiet today and DH is still at work, so I got to put the finishing touches on my layout for the Becky Fleck sketch. Really love how it turned out!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

blbabe1234 wrote:Its quiet today and DH is still at work, so I got to put the finishing touches on my layout for the Becky Fleck sketch. Really love how it turned out!

Awww....Brandy this is adorable. I love the embellies you used. Great job with the sketch. 
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Here's my 2014 Title Page for the Ad Challenge. The ad really inspired me to layer.

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

Oh my goodness my Xyron prize arrived today it is is awesome!!  SO many awesome goodies and I did not have any of it except the card stock. Seriously excited here!!! I have never had over 1000 dollars worth of scrappy stuff all at once! We are getting ready to have another four inches of snow and my dh is off all weekend to help me with Sophie so I will be able to scrap and play with my new goodies ,
ImageImage 

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

You girls have been on a roll! Wonderful layouts. I was just getting ready to start on the BF challenge while Sophie is sleeping.
ImageImage 

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee