What is your style?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

What is your style?

Post by 1grandma »

Good question. I look at my LOs and go, "Bleh!" All of them are clean, straight, simple and boring! I would love to be able to do this:Imageby Karrie, sweetsour. This is amazing! There are so many components to it. The eye can feast for a long time. So what is your style? How do you want to develop yourself?
Bibi
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Re: What is your style?

Post by Charleneanne »

country, casual, and eclectic.
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

I do a lot of straight clean lines too, with my photos at least. I like them to line up either length or widthwise.
My style varies some depending on what I'm working on. If I'm working on my chronological pages I go more simple and classic. I just want to get them done, but when I skip ahead and work on whatever I want too I get more creative and just have fun doing whatever I feel like doing.
I also have an art journal and there is where I'm learning to let myself go and just create.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

I think I have found my style. It took me a while but I kept at it. My style is lots of layers and little clusters. I like the clean lines with a little bit of distressing. I like for the photo to be the focus. Here is one I did here recently that I love!
ImageImage 

Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5459

Post by Retiree3 »

My style is clean with lots of layering- and very boring.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

Linear, simple, clean
But it changes over time as I acquire new ideas, products, techniques, etc.
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 745

Post by sherelm »

I'm always open to trying new trends, but find my self saying "I just don't want to rival 1) the pictures, or 2) any important journaling." Years ago in a live class with Stacy Julian, she said that she had made the most perfect little Winnie the Pooh to add to her page (back before EK did this for us). She plopped him on her page with her youngest son cutting out pumpkins with her husband. Needless to say, everyone comment always on "Did you make that Pooh?" and she realized her art was overwhelming her story! So she took one of her son's photos, and instead of "Pooh" (who was carrying a pumpkin) she replaced that pumpkin with the circle phoot of her son's photo. And then they said "Oh what a cute son you have" and then they remarked about the page.
Her point was that while we want people to marvel at our design/artwork - the main thing is the story/photos. Otherwise, why even bother with them? I agree wholeheartedly, and try to remind myself not to lose my photos on any page I do.
stateless
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 335

Post by stateless »

No idea how to define my style. I guess often it's simple and clean with layers but not always. I don't think I've ever tried to put it into words before.
- Valerie/stateless
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

stateless wrote:No idea how to define my style. I guess often it's simple and clean with layers but not always. I don't think I've ever tried to put it into words before.

I agree.....it is difficult for me to put my style into words.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2146

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

mgehrke wrote:
stateless wrote:No idea how to define my style. I guess often it's simple and clean with layers but not always. I don't think I've ever tried to put it into words before.

I agree.....it is difficult for me to put my style into words.

I am with these ladies. I never know from layout to layout what I will do, but I can tell when I am in a slump as all of them are very cut and dry. Straight lines, photos, not much pizzazz!!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 949

Post by suewho372 »

I am not sure what my "style" would be classified as. I think I am still working on it. I do like layering and clustering of embellies.
I am learning how to incorporate paint/mist and stamping into my pages so I think I am still a work in progress.:)
Susan

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1747

Post by beachlover »

my LO's are more simple than I would like them to be... I start out with the best of intentions, meaning to layer more, add more embellies, but in the end I don't add as much as I would like to them - and I scrap slow so part of my problem is I start to get tired and bored with what I am doing so I just "stop"
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

stateless
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 335

Post by stateless »

beachlover wrote:my LO's are more simple than I would like them to be... I start out with the best of intentions, meaning to layer more, add more embellies, but in the end I don't add as much as I would like to them - and I scrap slow so part of my problem is I start to get tired and bored with what I am doing so I just "stop"

This happens to me too! I just get tired of working on the same thing for days so eventually I say "forget it!" and move on. So things usually end up simpler than what I originally intended.
- Valerie/stateless
DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 506

Post by DolphinSoul »

I have no idea what my style is.. I just scrap and see what I create!
~ Carissa ~

sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 898

Post by sweetsour »

LOL wow Bibi making an example of me! Thank you I am flattered!
The LO above was a total experiment for me too... I have never painted before, and this was my first time using stamps with embossing on a LO.
I do not know if I have a "style" either, but I do know I like messy and distressed and shabby rather than clean and straight. Some of you pull that off great but mine just looks unfinished... like this one... I keep thinking I need to fix it.
 Karrie

gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

Post by gonecamping »

I have no idea what my style is, I just put the stuff on the paper and see what happens. lol I would like to branch out and try misting but I am scared..:-D
***Tanya***
cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 256

Post by cajenkins81 »

sweetsour wrote:LOL wow Bibi making an example of me! Thank you I am flattered!
The LO above was a total experiment for me too... I have never painted before, and this was my first time using stamps with embossing on a LO.
I do not know if I have a "style" either, but I do know I like messy and distressed and shabby rather than clean and straight. Some of you pull that off great but mine just looks unfinished... like this one... I keep thinking I need to fix it.
I think it's fine the way it is, but if you added a couple cluster areas of some flowers or something, or some cute chipboard in a graduation theme, or owls, or something like that, it might add a bit of interest. But I like the aging on the papers, and the banner is great.
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by cajenkins81 »

Well, I THOUGHT I had posted on this one, I must've walked away at the house with the screen still up! hahaha.

I'd say I'm a person who likes clean lines and simpler layouts. I like to cluster SOMETIMES but most of the time I don't want to take away from the pictures. My style has grown over the years, and my first scrapbook (my wedding album) is full of just one piece of PP, with matted photos. Not a lot of pizzazz at all, but I like it because there are a few little details here and there, and I wanted to tell the story and let the pictures stand for themselves, so I didn't necessarily want a lot of "Stuff" on it.

But, I find myself currently LOVING layers, while still keeping it clean. I sometimes do straight lines with pics and sometimes I turn them any which way and I like that too. I've found myself not using a lot of different embellishments anymore, but using more of the papers to add the extra interest with just a touch of embellishments here and there (whereas before, I used to LOVE putting a bunch of ribbons on the page).

I do LOVE how grungy papers look, but I prefer to buy them premade, I have only tried grunging up something once or twice and I don't usually like the result. But I love how it looks, so I like to buy papers that look distressed. I LOVE the look of distressing. I like to add techniques to a page, like inking or something, to add interest without adding a lot of clutter.

But then, I do have a few pages that have a lot of extra stuff on them.

I just don't like it when a page looks like a box of embellishments puked on it!!! lol. That being said, I think clustering works great for those who know how to do it, that just isn't me.

So, grungy, with clean lines, not a lot of color, and things with character.
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by cajenkins81 »

gonecamping wrote:I have no idea what my style is, I just put the stuff on the paper and see what happens. lol I would like to branch out and try misting but I am scared..:-D
Me too! I keep hoping I'll find some on sale or someone will gift some to me so I'll HAVE to try it! haha.

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

DolphinSoul wrote:I have no idea what my style is.. I just scrap and see what I create!

Me too! I think it all depends on the photos and the products that I'm working with.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”