Scrap-A-Day, June 26th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3730

Scrap-A-Day, June 26th

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries! I've got a busy work day ahead of me. I never got to scrap yesterday, but that is okay. My favorite aunt and uncle came down from Austin to pick up their 6-yr old grandson who lives about 45 mins away from us. They called their son (the one who moved from Houston to Corpus) and they were going to hang out with them. Well, my cousin and his GF were going to come over here for a while. So I told everyone that they could just meet at my house. So at 5:30, my aunt and uncle and their grandson came over. My aunt sees my scrapbook layouts via Facebook, and the ones that my mom has at the house that I make. But she hasn't seen much others. She totally LOVED my room - she couldn't believe how much stuff I had and the Cricut and all the different albums and layouts I do. She says scrapbooking is like "decorating a house, room by room, wall by wall". She said she'd love to get into this. I told her that the next time they have time, and they come down (or we can go up there) I can help her get started. Super exciting! While we did that, my uncle, their grandson, and DH played darts and watched tv. My cousin and his GF made it to our house at around 7. Few minutes later, we all left to go eat pizza. My aunt and uncle treated, and I thought that was so super sweet of them. She said it was to say Thank you for helping her son and his GF out. I don't know what we did, but apparently my cousin talks very highly of DH and I. He's thankful that DH was able to get him a job. He is thankful for everything - when he calls, we answer. We have fed them. The guys play darts while us girls talk. He actually told my aunt that DH is like a big brother he never had. Its awesome!

So, anybody scrapping? I hope I can at least get started on the Imagination challenge. I have the photo and a title written down. I just need to put it all together!

And you?
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2213

Re: Scrap-A-Day, June 26th

Post by mgehrke »

What a wonderful visit it sounds like you had with your family. That is so awesome.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can scrap tonight. As of right now I have no other plans. I believe DD#1 and DH will be gone this evening and DD#2 and her fiance are packing their things as they are moving out this weekend. 2 down and 1 to go. Then DH and I will be empy nesters, which I thought would bother me, but doesn't. I am so excited for us to start our next chapter of our lives. I had DD#1 before DH and I got married, so we have never had "OUR" time. Things are going to be so quiet and I just can't wait.

Oh and I LOVE my new bed. I got a really good night's sleep last night. Even DH ended up in bed last night :)
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

mgehrke wrote:What a wonderful visit it sounds like you had with your family. That is so awesome.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can scrap tonight. As of right now I have no other plans. I believe DD#1 and DH will be gone this evening and DD#2 and her fiance are packing their things as they are moving out this weekend. 2 down and 1 to go. Then DH and I will be empy nesters, which I thought would bother me, but doesn't. I am so excited for us to start our next chapter of our lives. I had DD#1 before DH and I got married, so we have never had "OUR" time. Things are going to be so quiet and I just can't wait.

Oh and I LOVE my new bed. I got a really good night's sleep last night. Even DH ended up in bed last night :)

I sure hope you can scrap today Mildred. What will you be working on?

I understand how you might be extremely excited about having "us" time with your DD's out of the house. I don't have children, but it hasn't been just me and DH very long. I think it was "US" for about 6 months into our marriage, when my brother and his GF (now wife) moved in. Then when they moved out, we had the house to ourselves for 3 wks before my mom came to "visit". That "visit" turned into 10 1/2 months! Then when she left on Easter Sunday, we had the place to ourselves for one month, and then my BFF and her two li'l dogs moved in when she got evicted from her place. I have sat with her on how to "budget" and realizing the difference between a "want" and a "need". Its sad that I have to teach her that. Its sad that kids these days don't know how to do that. And I don't mean to sound mean when I say "kids these days". I'm 33, so some people still see me as a "kid".

So glad you love your new bed. Did you get one of those Sleep Number beds?
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 961

Post by suewho372 »

Hi Cherries!! I hope you both get to do some scrapping today!!! Mildred glad that you love your new bed! :inlove:
I did not get to scrap yesterday. After I ate lunch I was sick the rest of the day and evening. This morning seems ok though. I think it was my mcdonalds. Haven't ate it in awhile and then it made me ill! nope no more for me, at least until I forget LOl

so I have 1/2 days the rest of the week my stuff is on the table for BOM so I will try round 2! Keep your fingers crossed!

We are on a heat advisory heat index of up to 105-- now all of the sudden it is storming--has to rain really hard to hear it inside my work building! It is crazy weather!! I knew it when I was coming to work, people were driving crazy. I got passed on the left-- I was in the left lane of a 4 way-- they passed on the left into oncoming traffic!!!! Who does that? and I was going the speed limit-- go figure.
Susan

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

suewho372 wrote:Hi Cherries!! I hope you both get to do some scrapping today!!! Mildred glad that you love your new bed! :inlove:
I did not get to scrap yesterday. After I ate lunch I was sick the rest of the day and evening. This morning seems ok though. I think it was my mcdonalds. Haven't ate it in awhile and then it made me ill! nope no more for me, at least until I forget LOl

so I have 1/2 days the rest of the week my stuff is on the table for BOM so I will try round 2! Keep your fingers crossed!

We are on a heat advisory heat index of up to 105-- now all of the sudden it is storming--has to rain really hard to hear it inside my work building! It is crazy weather!! I knew it when I was coming to work, people were driving crazy. I got passed on the left-- I was in the left lane of a 4 way-- they passed on the left into oncoming traffic!!!! Who does that? and I was going the speed limit-- go figure.

So sorry you got sick off of McDs yesterday. We have one in Corpus that we try very very hard not to go to as I've felt bad afterwards. Its a hit or miss with those fast food places. The ones that I have never gotten sick from is Dairy Queen & Sonic.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1754

Post by beachlover »

Good morning Cherries!

Brandy, what wonderful compliments from your aunt! It would be neat if she could start scrapping with you too!
Sue, hope you are feeling better and glad you have half days!!!
Mildred, YAY on the new bed and good night's sleep. Now it's time to scrap, right :winkb:

Not yet for me though... I went home last night and started working on a transcript and within an hour we had a terrible storm roll in, knocking out our power for the next two hours! I worked on battery backup for about 45 minutes till I could not see the keyboard well enough. The storm was well over by then and the sun was out but we still did not have power so I sat out on the sun porch to read by the sunlight because I couldn't do anything else. Tonight I have Jenna and Dom as soon as I get home. With the heat index its supposed to be 100 here. If we don't get storms again, I'm just going to grill hot dogs for dinner. If its rainy by the time we get home, I have everything to make mostaccioli (thanks Nancy for the reminder :-D ). So, that's my evening in a nutshell!

hope everyone has a great day!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2362

Post by Art_Teacher »

I did a lot of cleaning the past two days, so finally back to scrapping. Yay! Brandy, don't you just love teaching your hobby to someone new? Sue, I'm so sorry you got sick. That always stinks when something you ate gets you. Mildred, you are going to be a scrapping fool when you get your nest empty. :)

Here is my first layout today. I was picking winners for the MMC challenges and realized I never scraplifted my layout from Pinterest, so here it is:

Here is the one I lifted:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Art_Teacher wrote:I did a lot of cleaning the past two days, so finally back to scrapping. Yay! Brandy, don't you just love teaching your hobby to someone new? Sue, I'm so sorry you got sick. That always stinks when something you ate gets you. Mildred, you are going to be a scrapping fool when you get your nest empty. :)

Here is my first layout today. I was picking winners for the MMC challenges and realized I never scraplifted my layout from Pinterest, so here it is:

What an amazing lift! Love it!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

Art_Teacher wrote:I did a lot of cleaning the past two days, so finally back to scrapping. Yay! Brandy, don't you just love teaching your hobby to someone new? Sue, I'm so sorry you got sick. That always stinks when something you ate gets you. Mildred, you are going to be a scrapping fool when you get your nest empty. :)

Love your scraplift! I love how his front teeth are missing! so sweet (of course they don't think so but still....)!!
loving the colors and all the details you added!!
Susan

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

YAY!!! I got one done!! I GOT TO SCRAP!!! Yippee!!
for BOM challenge. Funny story-- I splatter painted green on it, and then went to the small mueseum with hil (extra credit for a class she is taking) while it dried! We got out of the car walking in and hil says "you have green paint all over the side of your face" so who is spit cleaning whose face these days!!! LOL:winkb:
Susan

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

blbabe1234 wrote:
suewho372 wrote:Hi Cherries!! I hope you both get to do some scrapping today!!! Mildred glad that you love your new bed! :inlove:

So sorry you got sick off of McDs yesterday. We have one in Corpus that we try very very hard not to go to as I've felt bad afterwards. Its a hit or miss with those fast food places. The ones that I have never gotten sick from is Dairy Queen & Sonic.
I usually don't get sick from it, but let me re do my sentence. I haven't eaten that stuff in awhile so maybe it was the grease? I have had Sonic not that long ago and it did not make me sick so next time I need some comfort food no MCD's--maybe Sonic LOL!!!
Susan

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

suewho372 wrote:YAY!!! I got one done!! I GOT TO SCRAP!!! Yippee!!
for BOM challenge. Funny story-- I splatter painted green on it, and then went to the small mueseum with hil (extra credit for a class she is taking) while it dried! We got out of the car walking in and hil says "you have green paint all over the side of your face" so who is spit cleaning whose face these days!!! LOL:winkb:

Just saw this in the gallery! Love it!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

suewho372 wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:

I usually don't get sick from it, but let me re do my sentence. I haven't eaten that stuff in awhile so maybe it was the grease? I have had Sonic not that long ago and it did not make me sick so next time I need some comfort food no MCD's--maybe Sonic LOL!!!

The grease will do it. That's what I usually think it is when my tummy does upside down turns and spins. I don't eat it often either, so that is usually the reason.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 760

Post by sherelm »

That's why I try to keep my stomach well greased with fried food. :winkb:

I really probably won't scrap today. I grabbed some boxes with ruined photos in them from the flood out of my sister's basement (where I had put them) and may just sit on the floor tonight and cut away whatever cannot be saved. Then work with scanning in the rest of the photo so I can reprint and throw out the original. It will be "scrapping" but I don't want to do too much walking with my foot/toe.
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

sherelm wrote:That's why I try to keep my stomach well greased with fried food. :winkb:

I really probably won't scrap today. I grabbed some boxes with ruined photos in them from the flood out of my sister's basement (where I had put them) and may just sit on the floor tonight and cut away whatever cannot be saved. Then work with scanning in the rest of the photo so I can reprint and throw out the original. It will be "scrapping" but I don't want to do too much walking with my foot/toe.

Scanning pics is a great thing to work on while your toe is healing.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

I have been bombarded with emails, and I decided to take a small break and work on the Imagination Challenge:

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

blbabe1234 wrote:
sherelm wrote:That's why I try to keep my stomach well greased with fried food. :winkb:

Scanning pics is a great thing to work on while your toe is healing.
That's why I love you....such a great attitude!!!!!

How is your toe feeling now?
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

I started this yesterday, but struggled with finding the right kit until I came across this one from SusDesigns in my stash. From 2011! I'm proud of myself that I used a kit I already have, plus the fact that I scrapped way off theme (remember that challenge from the first MMC?) This is a romance kit...called "One Night in Paris." And I scrapped a fishing photo with it! It's for the Becky Fleck sketch challenge.

Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Ayla wrote:I started this yesterday, but struggled with finding the right kit until I came across this one from SusDesigns in my stash. From 2011! I'm proud of myself that I used a kit I already have, plus the fact that I scrapped way off theme (remember that challenge from the first MMC?) This is a romance kit...called "One Night in Paris." And I scrapped a fishing photo with it! It's for the Becky Fleck sketch challenge.

I can't even tell that it was a romance kit. LOVE the blues and greens!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Ayla wrote:I started this yesterday, but struggled with finding the right kit until I came across this one from SusDesigns in my stash. From 2011! I'm proud of myself that I used a kit I already have, plus the fact that I scrapped way off theme (remember that challenge from the first MMC?) This is a romance kit...called "One Night in Paris." And I scrapped a fishing photo with it! It's for the Becky Fleck sketch challenge.

I can't even tell that it was a romance kit. LOVE the blues and greens!
This is actually the preview of the kit. Pretty cool, huh? I was just going through my stash searching colors...not even really looking at theme at all.
 Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”