Can't find it!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 256

Can't find it!

Post by cajenkins81 »

:x

So yesterday I got all my camping pics trimmed and put them all together inside a folded piece of paper.

Tonight my daughter came in here and was watching her movies.

My trash can was upturned, my baby had come in here and dumped out a box full of embellishments

And now a picture is missing.

AND I CANNOT FIND IT!!!!!

So irritated.

Okay, that is all. I just really don't even want to finish this darned page!!! I NEED that pic! It's part of the whole story of the event!!!!!

I know I could leave a spot and add it later. But I'm just so irritated right now!!!!

Okay, vent over. Thanks!!
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Can't find it!

Post by cajenkins81 »

Aha!! I knew that would do it. Hubs came in here and helped me find it.

Silly how that works!!

I think I need sleep now, to be getting so worked up over a darned pic! lol
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

glad hubs helped you find it. I know that was frustrating. poor girl.
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

cajenkins81 wrote:Aha!! I knew that would do it. Hubs came in here and helped me find it.

Silly how that works!!

I think I need sleep now, to be getting so worked up over a darned pic! lol

I was feeling your frustration! So glad it showed up!
Debbie

SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 552

Post by SherrieLynne »

Carolyn I can totally relate to your frustration. I am so glad you were able to find your photo.
love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1040

Post by love2stamp »

Yep, that's happened to be before. It irritates the crap out of me, glad you found it.
ImageImageImageImage
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 749

Post by sherelm »

About two months ago - I printed out - IN COLOR - all the challenges, one on each sheet so I could look and think. LOST THEM ALL. I had them in front of me, and then "Where did they go?" and I cleaned my entire mess up - and didn't find them. So I printed them all out again, thinking "I know they'll show up while the last one is printing." Well no, they didn't. But I opened the flipside of my tool kit and . . . . .

I feel your frustration, and glad you found them. No doubt hubby thought "I can get up and help her or listen to her rant and rave all night". Smart hubby.
pattim
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 15

Post by pattim »

I can completely relate to that...argh. Glad you found it!
p a t t i
my blog: {Crafting Life}
gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

Post by gonecamping »

I can't count how many times that has happened to me! I feel your frustration. Glad DH was able to help you find the picture!
***Tanya***
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2454

Post by joannie »

I'm guilty of doing that!!! :winkb:
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 94

Post by Monroe1218 »

I've done that too many times to count - only I'm the one that has turned over something and lost it. Glad you and your hubby found the picture!
Rebecca

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1749

Post by beachlover »

so glad you found the picture, what a great dh you have to be so helpful!

it is very frustrating to lose things that we are working on; I have also lost pictures I wanted for challenges - the worst is when you are actually in the middle of a LO and the pic(s) suddenly disappear! it usually means I am too disorganized and need to slow down and regroup! I have a tendency to stick photos in a page of a scrapbook mag that I want to try out - that is a terrible habit!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by cajenkins81 »

I think it's so funny how many responses there have been to this thread! It's nice to know I'm not alone. Hubs is so good at finding things because he has a different perspective and thinks to look in places that I wouldn't consider "because I've already looked there" or "why on earth would I look there?!" So yeah, he's good at finding things when it's necessary. now, if it's dirty dishes that are scattered about the house and needing to be washed, that's another story!!!...

I think I definitely need to clean up my area, and maybe find another place for the computer to live, or for me to scrap, since my daughter does use the computer a lot to watch her movies (it's her reward for good behavior in preschool). and I need to get organized, since I just started scrapping again I've got stuff everywhere and don't have a dedicated place. So I'm still figuring things out. The biggest thing is that I was tired and frustrated and the kids had been making messes all night, and when it started to affect MY place, I just overreacted. It's a sad day when I start crying over a misplaced pic!! haha. Take deep breaths and eat chocolate!! lol. Have a great day everyone!

Alison S.
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 32

Post by Alison S. »

That is super frustrating! I'm glad you found it though!
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2213

Post by mgehrke »

I missed placed DD#1 school pictures a couple of months ago. I still can't find them and I know that I have them SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!!
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
jrrah4903
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 649

Post by jrrah4903 »

Ohhh, I do NOT like any one touching my scrappy stuff for this very reason. My daughter would create havoc if I let her!! Many a page has included her "artwork" because she and a marker got too close to an album page!!
- Jillian

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1055

Post by pawprints »

This happens to me all the time and it drives me crazy! I hate when I just had it and it completely disappears. It happens with my scissors and tools too. I hate when I am in a mess (like right now) and I keep misplacing and can't find anything because it is all buried. Ugh.

Image Image Image

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by cajenkins81 »

I often wonder how ladies scrap out of a closet or an armoire.... which I am considering actually. But we just don't have any room in here it seems, and I've got to figure it all out. But we are looking for another house to rent, so maybe we'd be able to make something work once we move. Once we get settled into a house, it's hard to see a room as capable of serving any other purpose than for what it's been doing the past 3 years. but my "office" really needs to be re-worked, since we now have 2 kids, a scrap space, and my office space. Ugh. I need to win the lottery....

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”