Thickers Storage

Moderator: ACOT Employee

MominCT
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 4

Thickers Storage

Post by MominCT »

I saw something in the gallery I liked, does anyone store them in plastic magazine holders? I have mine in a huge wooden bin but its not organized enough for me!
*Danielle - Married since 6/2/01 & Mom of 2 Boys - 9 & 11
ImageImage
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 92

Re: Thickers Storage

Post by Monroe1218 »

I have mine stacked vertically in a plastic crate. I'm able to go two wide and about 75 deep this way. I have them sorted by color.
Rebecca

joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2449

Post by joannie »

I have mine sorted by color in plastic drawers!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 948

Post by suewho372 »

I have mine in plastic drawers but the are just hodge podge--not sorted!
Susan

jrrah4903
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 649

Post by jrrah4903 »

I wish I had enough to sort! I have only one set right now, and they are orange with red polka dots. Apparently.. that really caught my eye one day! :)
- Jillian

Cards4Ever
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 216

Post by Cards4Ever »

I got this box at Marshall's it can hold 60 packs of Thickers. I am using it to store all my alphabet stickers. I have over 50 sheets in it with room to grow.
Mandi My Blog
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

I keep mine on the wall, I use a pot and pan rack I got from Ikea. There are a bunch on each clip and I also rotate them out. I also have a big plastic tub full of alphabets.
Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Post by Sandi0805 »

Here's a pic of how I store my thickers. Love it. Easy to thumb through. I have about 60 pkgs. with room for probably about 25 more pkgs. I found this milk crate at Walmart several months ago. It is about 1/2 the width of a regular milk crate. So light and fits in smaller spaces. Easy to take to crops or keep close by when scrapping.

Image ImageImage
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

I have mine in long drawers, by color. My only problem is once I open a pack, I have the hardest time getting them back inside the plastic sleeve. All those plastic sleeves with the glued down tops...I can't get the embellies or whatever to slide back in without sticking to that edge!
Debbie

ammielou
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 263

Post by ammielou »

you guys are killing me!! i don't have any thikers and just got my first roll of washi tape.
})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Image Image Image 
MominCT
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 4

Post by MominCT »

Amy don't feel bad - I have no washi tape :)

I looove the milk crate, once we move I'm definitely putting them in my craft room. Hope you don't mind if I lift the idea!
*Danielle - Married since 6/2/01 & Mom of 2 Boys - 9 & 11
ImageImage
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

aghh....love the milk crate idea, too! With two homes my Thickers travel a huge amount. They are in a tote and get switched out about every other weekend when I'm at the ranch. I'll go through the summer this way and in September I'll be back at the ranch as we pick and start to ready our next show string. We had the entire show string retire this year.

When I'm at ranch home they are organized by type and then color. By type: Foam, glitter, chipboard, vinyl (faux leather), puffy, mistables, etc. Maybe I'm strange I pick by type first. My favorites are now mistables and of course they are all the same color.
glo85cam
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 99

Post by glo85cam »

jrrah4903 wrote:I wish I had enough to sort! I have only one set right now, and they are orange with red polka dots. Apparently.. that really caught my eye one day! :)

I'm with you! lol I bought a set of cute pink ones in Big Lots today....think that makes 4 sets that I have now. ;)
glo

[img:3st2c6tv]http://sbing.com/i/thumbnails/proudjubilee.gif[/img:3st2c6tv]
bay63
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 12

Post by bay63 »

debamas wrote:I have mine in long drawers, by color. My only problem is once I open a pack, I have the hardest time getting them back inside the plastic sleeve. All those plastic sleeves with the glued down tops...I can't get the embellies or whatever to slide back in without sticking to that edge!

That drives me CRAZY! I try to put them back and just end up frustrated and just throw them back in the package
ImageImage Image
jrrah4903
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 649

Post by jrrah4903 »

glo85cam wrote:
jrrah4903 wrote:I wish I had enough to sort! I have only one set right now, and they are orange with red polka dots. Apparently.. that really caught my eye one day! :)

I'm with you! lol I bought a set of cute pink ones in Big Lots today....think that makes 4 sets that I have now. ;)

ohhh, I forgot about Big Lots - I used to find scrappy steals in there all the time, I haven't been in a couple years. Better hit them up!
- Jillian

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 256

Post by cajenkins81 »

I have mine half-way in a 3ring binder in sleeves, thrown in a box. So I just kinda dig thru there and see what I can find. I don't have 50 packs like y'all, but then again I just started scrapping again a few weeks ago, so I'll have plenty of time to buy more!! I LOOOOVE the half a milk crate, I'm gonna have to look for one of those!!

For the ladies who say you have none, keep an eye on when they go half-price at Hobby Lobby, or check out some daily deals sites like Peachy Cheap or Crop Chocolate. That's the only way I buy mine, such a great price. I LOVE my thickers!!
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 948

Post by suewho372 »

I have found Thickers for cheap anywhere from $1.50 -2.50 a pack at the following: Big Lots/Hobby Lobby/TJ Maxx Just gotta hit it at the right time I guess! If you are lucky enough to live where they have HB and a TJ Maxx you could pop in anytime!!
Susan

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

Hmmmm.....I don't have 50 sets but I do have mine in a manilla folder. I have gotten several sets lately.
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

I sort mine by color into plastic sleeves put into a 3 ring binder
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

jrrah4903 wrote:
glo85cam wrote:

ohhh, I forgot about Big Lots - I used to find scrappy steals in there all the time, I haven't been in a couple years. Better hit them up!

I stocked up on Thickers from Big Lots years ago...not too much there now. But I have a nice stash and several just plain cardstock ones I can color myself.
Debbie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”