Do your kids scrapbook?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

TaraP
Cherry Tart

Do your kids scrapbook?

Post by TaraP »

Both of my kids scrap a little. My youngest 8, more than my 11 year old. I suggested to my oldest that she have a friend or 2 over to have a mini crop. I indicated that if they supply pictures I can provide supplies. She seems kind of excited, but we will see if she follows through and makes a plan.
ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Re: Do your kids scrapbook?

Post by ernstem »

My kids are almost 8 and 5. They don't scrap. They like to draw, color, etc. They enjoy looking at my finished LOs though. ;)
croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Post by croppinmama »

My 13 yr old scraps. She started a few years ago but she didn't like the albums. I gave her a bunch of Smash Books and she loves those. They are small and the pages have cool graphics and colors. She loves to write and save stuff and carries them with her to sleepovers and camp. We are going to a mother and daughter scrap crop next month. She is excited.
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

My kids don't scrap...I wish at least 1 would pick it up! But they do love that I have tons of supplies for school projects lol.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

jmo95
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 964

Post by jmo95 »

My daughter (6) loves to scrap. She has her own stash of supplies. She does really well too! My stepdaughter (10) dabbles in it a little bit.
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

My grandaughter did when she stayed with me but now that she's moved to TN, I don't know if she is able to. I still have her smaller tote with a few basic tools in it and when she comes down this summer, I'll see if she wants to take it back with her. Her family had to move lightly and quickly and I chose to hang onto her things here for fear they would get lost in the move, beside being part of a family with 7 kids! Those younger boys would have that stuff outside in no time! She's 13.
Debbie

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 961

Post by suewho372 »

Nope my dd is 20 but she doesn't like scrapping. She does however like my stash when she wants to make something crafty.
Susan

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

None of my kids scrap. My dd loves that I have supplies when needed. But not even the grandkids scrap. Lord knows I have tried to spark the interest, but I have not been successful yet. I have some grandkids that like to look at their albums, but so far, not true interest.
Bibi
TaraP
Cherry Tart

Post by TaraP »

I love to look at the layouts my kids do make. It's a little glimpse of how they see their world. I find it hard to not make suggestions on things, but I always manage to let them do it how they want. I think they will treasure their own books, perhaps even more than mine. I know I treasure my own journal writing from when I was a teenager.
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5464

Post by Deanna13 »

My oldest granddaughter is 11 and loves to scrap with me. She used to scrap a lot with me but not so much lately.
Image Image ImageImage
preoccupied
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 5

Post by preoccupied »

Mine are older now and my oldest has done a little bit of scrapbooking but for the most part they want nothing to do with it. I think they think I'm obsessed or something. :-D
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 961

Post by suewho372 »

preoccupied wrote:Mine are older now and my oldest has done a little bit of scrapbooking but for the most part they want nothing to do with it. I think they think I'm obsessed or something. :-D
i get that alot too! Well we have to be passionate about something!!
Susan

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

preoccupied wrote:Mine are older now and my oldest has done a little bit of scrapbooking but for the most part they want nothing to do with it. I think they think I'm obsessed or something. :-D
I AM obsessed, and proud of it! I took a picture of my son's score card from Solo and Ensemble FEstival today, and the guy handling the score cards was amused...said his wife is a scrapper so he's used to it. My kids love my layouts, but don't scrap themselves.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

No matter if they scrap, I think they do delight in seeing what we do with their own pictures, achievements and activities. One of my dgd's was here at the house and I showed her my recent page done of her when she was about 4. She's 10 now and she lit up and started talking about what she was playing in the pick and of course showed it to her Mom and Dad. That thrills me to see their reactions. I have quite a few grandchildren so I try to mix up my scrapping so I don't just do a lot of one before the other child and surprise them when they come over.
Debbie

jnet
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 43

Post by jnet »

My daughter did when she was younger, ages 8 through maybe 12. Then she stopped for a while. Recently though (age 20) she just made an album for her bf. And like many of you mentioned, she loved/loves going through my stash for school projects or crafty projects.
Jeannette
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2469

Post by joannie »

My girls scrap for 4H projects! Also my dd#1 has done a few pages for projects at school! I love it!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2213

Post by mgehrke »

No scrappy kids here :( but they do love the albums that I make for them. I have them trained now to at least take pictures for me when they go some place that I am not going to :)
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

I've been scrapping since I was a young girl in some form or fashion. About seven years ago, I was lamenting that I needed to find something to capture my experiences on a cruise, and one of my daughters reminded me about scrapbooking. What I didn't realize is that she had been doing it on her own since high school (she was in college at the time). I don't know who introduced her to it, but I'm thankful. She and I visited a couple of LSS in town (which unfortunately are now gone), and I was hooked into the NEW way of scrapping. When we get together she loves to invade my stash. She has a baby bug cricut, but since Emma's birth has not had much opportunity to do anything. That's why I get to do all the Emma pages. None of the other girls has asked about it.
Laurie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”