Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

cropjester

Cherry Blossom

Gosh I Miss ACOT crops
I just spent two days "watching" scrapbooking. It was expensive - over $100. There were classes and make and takes. There were pre recorded videos and the classes had Q&A with the instructors. It was done as a webinar, with a chat going on in a side bar. I was organized before class started, had my supplies ready to go and had hubby watch the puppy. I was so disappointed. Only one of the projects could be done in real time, and apparently I was the only one doing it. People could win a prize a day, but with over 120 participants maybe one per event would have been better. Some of the participants were doing their own drinking game, the host favored certain attendees, commenting on their comments and inside jokes the whole time. I only had one of my questions answered. 95% of the chat was off topic...way off. I'm not a prude at all, but I paid to learn, have fun and feel included. All of my comments were on topic and no one responded to those. Someone even commented "only two people are on topic". I felt left out. I guess you have to drink and make comments with sexual innuendo. Sad. The good news is that I can go back and watch the videos (without chat) any time.

ACOT CROPS ROCK!!! Its been awhile but I remember how much fun it was. Games, prizes, sprinkles, friends, techniques, seeing everyones work in the gallery. Please bring it back. I would pay, I would volunteer my time, I would donate prizes. Anyone else missing the crops?
Cropjester- a fool who scraps; newlywed, grandmother and personal assistant to Mike the Pomeranian Prince.

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Gosh I Miss ACOT crops
What a terribly sad experience!!!! And I am with you, the crops here used to be one of a kind, lots of fun for all to have, time to finish your projects, I miss them too!!!

In fact, that was the very first thing I ever did in this site, other then purchase. I came on one day in the middle of a crop, joined a few games, won a few points, I was hooked, and have been ever since!!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

lmcgill

Cherry Bing

I miss them, too! They made me feel a part of the ACOT community.

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

oceanbreezes423 wrote:What a terribly sad experience!!!! And I am with you, the crops here used to be one of a kind, lots of fun for all to have, time to finish your projects, I miss them too!!!

In fact, that was the very first thing I ever did in this site, other then purchase. I came on one day in the middle of a crop, joined a few games, won a few points, I was hooked, and have been ever since!!!!
YEp that is how I joined the board too.....saw an in the store email about National Scrapbook Day online Scrap. I have been hooked since May! LOL
Susan

ernstem

Cherry Cola

What a rotten experience! Sorry it happened.

I've only participated in a few crops here, but sure wish they were more often. Helps pull the MB together and the participants, etc. I don't have too many friends that scrap and those that do, can't get together. So I like coming where everyone is involved and to be a part of something scrappy related.

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I miss them too, sorry to hear what a terrible experience that other crop was. I'd be mad also if I paid and it was like that.

Cherry Jubilee

Yeah, the crops were awesome! Wish we could do another one sometime. :)

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I joined during a crop, too... many years ago. I miss them too.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

That's how I got started on the boards. I'm ready for another one, hopefully they will have one soon. I do miss having them every three months.

sorry your's was so disappointing, I would have been mad as well to pay that much and then get treated that way.
ImageImageImageImage

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

I miss them too, but it is pretty difficult to coordinate one without a CT. We did tons of work for them to make them so awesome!
Laura
 Image    Image         

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

I miss them too. I would rack up a ton of points for posting, lol. It seemed like after every crop I would move up to a newer Cherry level. I missed the games too, they were fun.

debamas

Wild Cherry

How dissapointing! Yes, ACOT crops ROCK!
Debbie

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:I miss them too, but it is pretty difficult to coordinate one without a CT. We did tons of work for them to make them so awesome!
I know several of us have mentioned that we'd be willing to help. Everyone has stepped up so wonderfully to keep the monthly challenges going; I'm sure we could get enough to pitch in for a crop sometime, even if it's just a short one! (But I'm *not* coordinating that, lol!)
Image Image

blfonty

Cherry Cola

I joined ACOT and started messaging back in the Spring and loved the NSD Crop! It was great! Wish I had more time to do them but work just gets in the way of my scrapping.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I joined several years ago. I miss the crops, too. And I miss the design team.
Bibi

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

I've done many cyber crops, none that I have paid for - and I never will. I've heard the horror stories.

I never got to do one here, and I'm guessing that since there's no design team like before - there will not be any.

I'm doing my very first UK Scrappers Crop this weekend. I did pay for a Mystery Kit - somewhere over the Atlantic I suppose - hopefully not IN the Atlantic - but that was not necessary to pay for. I also bought the supplies for one class that a gal was offering in one package - $15 - have no idea what it is, but thought it might help with keeping the crop moving. Again - she said we could use what we have, but of course - I had to buy it.

I take a lot of Shimelle Laine's classes - one started to day - Remix - she's an American in London - and she's teaching this class to show you how to remix different company papers and to get an idea at what you should use together. I've taken about 15 of her classes and have NEVER been sorry with any of them. Her absolute best is "Journal Your Christmas" and takes you from December First each year thru January 6 (I think) - 12 days of Christmas is over that date. She's mostly on Two Peas but I'm a loyal ACOT person, except when it's her classes.

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I've never done an online class other than during the crops here...and I do miss the crops too. I wasn't always able to participate fully as frequently they seemed to fall during my weekend to work, but I loved popping in and doing the classes and challenges later. I love ACOT dearly...it's home, but that doesn't mean I don't wish that some of the changes that have had to happen, didn't have to happen!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

What an awful experience, it makes me sad to hear the way it was coordinated, especially that you actually PAID for that event.
It makes my heart happy to hear that ACOT crops, even in retirement, are still THE best around! :) :) we did something right :D
Image Image

txbelle26

Cherry Cola

I was missing them when they were still going on because I was always working during them! I wish they would come back though...I would get to participate every now and then on a few challenges. They were a lot of fun!!!
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Digital Scrapbooking Day is next month....and we always used to have a crop during November. Maybe ACOT will have a surprise in store for us? I can always hope!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee