Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Ayla

Cherry Addict

July 2012 One Word Challenge EDITED WITH WINNER!
Kind of a one word challenge anyway! I am cheating a little and using a layout from last month, because it really got me thinking! (I can cheat that way, because I can't win my own prize!) My kids called me yesterday less than 5 minutes after leaving the house. 5 minutes? Really? While it is nice to know they can reach me by cell phone, sometimes it has become the bane of my existence. Yet I use the camera in it regularly, I use the calendar, and it certainly has become my brain for remembering phone numbers.

So, your challenge is this....scrap about cell phones somehow! You can use pictures from it, or talk about how much you love it or hate it, or any aspect of it. But "cell phone" must appear in your title somehow! Have fun!

Rules, the dreaded rules:

* This must be a layout new to this challenge, in other words, it cannot be combined with any other challenge. (But be patient...there is a twist yet to come).
*Must be posted in this thread by midnight July 31 to be eligible for an ACOT gift certificate courtesy of moi!
*Digi, traditional, hybrid, all are welcome to play along!

Now for the twist....because this must be a project unique to this challenge, I get to have some fun! All entries will be entered for a random chance to win the gift certificate mentioned above. However.....I get to pick one for an additional prize. The layout that most captures my attention, and I can't tell you exactly what will, but the one that does will also receive a gift certificate! This can be either creativity of the journaling, the story behind it, the pictures used, could be ANYTHING! But put your creative juices to work, and win that prize!

Here's my layout, hopefully it will provide a little inspiration.

EDITED:
BY THE WAY: I picked up an issue of Scrapbooks ETC and they have an article on taking advantage of your cell phone, after all, the best camera is the one you have with you!

EDITED: Courtesy of random.org, congrats to blfonty as the winner of this challenge! And as the second winner for the layout that caught my eye, congrats to suewho372. I loved the mixture of letters for your title, the fun pictures of your dog and the turtle, and for really taking advantage of having your cell phone with you! After all, the best camera is the one you have with you and will use!

So.... blfonty and suewho372.... I offered a $5 GC for this, but I am offering an alternative if you are interested. I have a huge stash that I really need to dwindle down. Please let me know if you would prefer the gift certificate or a very large package from my stash! Congrats again ladies!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Re: July 2012 One Word Challenge
Nancy, What a beautiful LO you did and the pictures are gorgeous!
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Great layout and challenge!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Awesome challenge Nancy! Love your layout and those cool photos!

Is is okay to use iPhone instead of Cell Phone in the title? Or is it strictly Cell Phone only? Just wondering.

ImageImage Image Image  

Ayla

Cherry Addict

pawprints wrote:Awesome challenge Nancy! Love your layout and those cool photos!

Is is okay to use iPhone instead of Cell Phone in the title? Or is it strictly Cell Phone only? Just wondering.
iPhone works fine too, although it IS a cell phone in the generic sense! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

Oh, gosh...I have done two layouts about cell phones in the past!! I should find them, just to show them off. Wow..will have to come up with a new one for this!
Image Charlene

aceason

Cherry Bing

Love it! With Instagram and Pocketbooth, I've been taking and printing pics from my cell phone. This will be fun!

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Ayla wrote:
pawprints wrote:Awesome challenge Nancy! Love your layout and those cool photos!

iPhone works fine too, although it IS a cell phone in the generic sense! lol

I know... but I'm just so partial... LOL!

ImageImage Image Image  

lmcgill

Cherry Bing

beautiful lo

blfonty

Cherry Cola

Love this lo! And the play on words in the title. Thanks for the inspiration and challenge.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

1grandma

Cherry Addict

cool challenge!
Bibi

beachlover

Cherry Addict

when I first read this challenge I thought, what am I going to do with this one??? but Nancy, I have a great idea and awesome journaling!!! I love your LO! this is so creative how you turned an everyday moment, experience into a scrapping possibility!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

.....I don't have a single picture of a cell phone!!!! But I do have an idea!

Now why is it that the teens and twenty somethings can not put the phone down?????!!!!! This 50 something doesn't get it especially since I have found phones to be a nuisance since mid-twenty's when I graduated college and couldn't afford a phone when I got my first job. When I could afford one I was use to not having one and hated the darn thing ringing!!!! Still do....I hate such a device can have so much control over my life!

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

Here is an example of one I did several years ago; might give someone an idea. I have another one but may have to scan it again; I can't find it on any of my flash drives.

Image Charlene

Ayla

Cherry Addict

killarney_rose wrote:.....I don't have a single picture of a cell phone!!!! But I do have an idea!

Now why is it that the teens and twenty somethings can not put the phone down?????!!!!! This 50 something doesn't get it especially since I have found phones to be a nuisance since mid-twenty's when I graduated college and couldn't afford a phone when I got my first job. When I could afford one I was use to not having one and hated the darn thing ringing!!!! Still do....I hate such a device can have so much control over my life!
Sounds like the start of some journaling in your layout! Never said it had to have pictures........... just has to have "cell phone" in the title!
 Image Image

MimaScraps/Lori

Cherry Bomb

Great challenge--hmmm--I've never used any of my cell phone pics--love a new learning experience.
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!

blfonty

Cherry Cola

Ayla wrote:
killarney_rose wrote:.....I don't have a single picture of a cell phone!!!! But I do have an idea!

Sounds like the start of some journaling in your layout! Never said it had to have pictures........... just has to have "cell phone" in the title!

That sounds like a "challenge" from Ayla...to use your thoughts as journaling on a layout. Go for it, girl!
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Here is mine. A photo of step son after a Basket ball game. Unfortunetly we could never go to his games due to the distance, but DH's mom took this one with her cell phone, and sent it to us:

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

blbabe1234 wrote:Here is mine. A photo of step son after a Basket ball game. Unfortunetly we could never go to his games due to the distance, but DH's mom took this one with her cell phone, and sent it to us:

Nice layout Brandy, and how nice that you got pictures even if you couldn't make it to his games. But the challenge says to use cell phone in your title ( But "cell phone" must appear in your title somehow! Have fun!) , not just in the layout. Any chance you can rework your title?
 Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Ayla wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:Here is mine. A photo of step son after a Basket ball game. Unfortunetly we could never go to his games due to the distance, but DH's mom took this one with her cell phone, and sent it to us:

Nice layout Brandy, and how nice that you got pictures even if you couldn't make it to his games. But the challenge says to use cell phone in your title ( But "cell phone" must appear in your title somehow! Have fun!) , not just in the layout. Any chance you can rework your title?
I saw that AFTER I posted. LOL....

How about...

"Go Eagles....via a cell phone pic"

???
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee