What do you think is the hardest

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2345

What do you think is the hardest

Post by Art_Teacher »

part about creating a layout? Is it coming up with the idea, arranging the photos, choosing embellies, or what?

I always have trouble arranging my photos, because I like to take so many and then getting them on the page without it looking cluttered gives me trouble. Using sketches often helps, but I probably spend half my time just trying to come up with a good arrangement. :?
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2146

Re: What do you think is the hardest

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

My first hurdle is the paper, then it is how I want to organize lo. My mind knows what it is looking for, but sometimes I struggle to get it there!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

The hardest part for me is deciding on a design. So I either scraplift, do a sketch from pagemaps or a mag. On further consideration, I realize that my greatest hurdle is the journaling. How and what to put a journaling tag or spot.
Last edited by 1grandma on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bibi
jnet
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 43

Post by jnet »

For me it is choosing the embellies. In fact, I have pages where i just gave up and there is nothing on them except the photos! I tell myself that I will look later for just the right embellie but somehow later never comes.
Jeannette
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

:)

The whole process! I'd like to think there is a tad bit of creativity in this analytical mind! Alas I do not think so!

:)
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

Embellishing is my downfall.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 325

Post by Flasher »

For me it's the photos, both arranging them and choosing the best one or two to use (since I scrap 8.5 x 11, space is always an issue for me).
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5461

Post by Retiree3 »

The hardest part is choosing my colors.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Post by emarie803 »

These days it is having the mojo to even get my stuff out and get started :?

When I actually feel like scrapping it is the journaling. For some reason, I still have the hardest time with this
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2345

Post by Art_Teacher »

Em,
Me too! I manage usually to put in a date and place and people's names, but I always get stuck on meaningful journaling. That's why when I paper scrap I leave a space for the journaling and put the layouts aside to do it later. LOL! Unfortunately, I have almost a whole album of journaling to do, because of this!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Post by emarie803 »

Art_Teacher wrote:Em,
Me too! I manage usually to put in a date and place and people's names, but I always get stuck on meaningful journaling. That's why when I paper scrap I leave a space for the journaling and put the layouts aside to do it later. LOL! Unfortunately, I have almost a whole album of journaling to do, because of this!
My big problem is that I never leave myself room to do the meaningful journaling when I create my LO so I try to find a place that works well enough and I run out of room when journaling... or I say I will go back and journal later and, like you, I have an album (or possibly 2) that I need to get back to.
need2scrap
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 32

Post by need2scrap »

The hardest part is the design, I've gotten better at using pagemaps or a template, and picking paper/embellies takes me the longest. I also have trouble with a 'good' title. I used to struggle with journalling, but when I really need to journal a good story, I layout the pics and have my dh talk about the event and then I have it!
Last edited by need2scrap on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3713

Post by blbabe1234 »

The design is the hardest for me. That's why I navigate towards sketches. But sometimes even with sketches, I struggle. THose pics have to be placed PERFECTLY before I'm HAPPY.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

For me it's narrowing down the options (mainly for paper & embellies), because I'm the type of person who likes to examine them all! Which is why I *love* recipe or Supply list challenges!! Sketches definitely help too.
Image Image
DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 506

Post by DolphinSoul »

My hardest struggle is pretty much the same as all of yours. I think the biggest thing is the mojo and getting the idea to do one though. Because if a thought comes in my mind, that layout is done in no time and everything just seems to work out. If I just sit down to scrap even though I have bought everything I need... I'm not inspired and just stare at it. I think I'm also WAY to much of a perfectionist on myself that I think too much into it and it makes it harder on myself instead of just making it. Cause if I make a page that's a memory instead of a pile of photos, I don't need to be SO hard on myself that its not work of art every time! :?
~ Carissa ~

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

Photos and not overdoing stuff. I hate white space or any space for that matter. lol So most of my pages look like hot messes.
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

Picking a kit that suits my mood for the layout...I have so many that I sometimes even have a hard time picking one from all the stash!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1054

Post by pawprints »

Picking my background paper. Both digi and paper I will have the idea of the page in my head but I truly do not start moving along until I have my background paper (or papers) picked out. Not to say that sometimes I'm still not satisfied and they end up being changed.

Image Image Image

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1748

Post by beachlover »

for me its deciding which photos to use, especially when its the kids! I can't NOT use a picture that I have printed!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2450

Post by joannie »

The designing phase is the toughest for me!!! that's why i used lots of sketches!!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”