Which magazines do you read?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Which magazines do you read?

Post by 1grandma »

I love to read magazines. I pick them up whereever I am and check them out. Usually I can enjoy most of any magazine at a doctor's office except Golf or a hunting/fishing mag. If it is a woman's mag, no problem. I have never seen a scrapbooking mag or a paper crafting mag in any kind of office. Sometimes, I will get a SB mag at the newsstand and have been wondering which SB/papercrafting mags you all read or subscribe to. Which are the best for SB and which are good for papercrafting or cards?
Bibi
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3713

Re: Which magazines do you read?

Post by blbabe1234 »

I like Scrapbooks Etc and Creating Keepsakes. Both offer lots of tips and layout ideas.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1037

Post by love2stamp »

blbabe1234 wrote:I like Scrapbooks Etc and Creating Keepsakes. Both offer lots of tips and layout ideas.
Yep, those are the ones I subscribe to. I also get paper crafts, I used to really like it but lately haven't seen much in them so won't be renewing that one.
ImageImageImageImage
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

blbabe1234 wrote:I like Scrapbooks Etc and Creating Keepsakes. Both offer lots of tips and layout ideas.

Yep, me too! And CardMaker.
Laurie

scrapscot
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 865

Post by scrapscot »

I'll pick up a Scrapbooks Etc or Creating Keepsakes now and then. As far as subscribing, I subscribe to "The Men of the 57th"only. It's the official journal of the Men and Women of the 57th Bomb Wing, 12th Air Force, United States Army Air Force in World War II and I almost always read it cover to cover!
Image Charlene
jnet
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 43

Post by jnet »

Yes, I subscribe to both of these now this year, because I had so much trouble finding them in stores. I dropped Paper Crafts because it seemed to be focused on card making, rather than altered projects or scrapbooking or what I think of as paper crafts.
Jeannette
CherryTat
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 492

Post by CherryTat »

I love magazines in general, but I cannot bring myself to pay the money for them!!! So I get all my inspiration online :)
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

Scrapbooks Etc and CK for me, too. I still do PaperCrafts, but not sure I'd continue it. Sometimes I read Scrapbooks and Beyond or one of the others, but I don't like them enough to subscribe.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

1grandma wrote:I love to read magazines. I pick them up whereever I am and check them out. Usually I can enjoy most of any magazine at a doctor's office except Golf or a hunting/fishing mag. If it is a woman's mag, no problem. I have never seen a scrapbooking mag or a paper crafting mag in any kind of office. Sometimes, I will get a SB mag at the newsstand and have been wondering which SB/papercrafting mags you all read or subscribe to. Which are the best for SB and which are good for papercrafting or cards?
I read what you buy when I come over to your house!!! :winkb:
I have bought one or two and one was a card making one but I liked the techniques in it and figured I could use those same techniques for scrapbooking as well, since I rarely do cards. No favorites, I just occasionally look through at the store and see if it's worth purchasing.
Debbie

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

The only two mags I subscribe to anymore are Grit and CardMaking. I love Cardmaking and save all the issues each year. I hate to loan it out for fear it wont come back to me.
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

I love to read magazines. I subscribe to Country Sampler,CK mag, Scrapbooks ect,and I get scrapbook trends, scrapbook trends cricut mag, I won a subscription to cricut idea books and Canadian scrapbooker.
ImageImage 

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2146

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

I got Country Sampler years ago, loved it! I do not subscribe to any, but occasionally have bought a scrapping one. Mainly if I buy, it is some type of cookbook! I am always experimenting in that area!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1748

Post by beachlover »

I get Creating Keepsakes, have been for years and I believe they are my fav
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Post by croppinmama »

Ditto :)
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

I used to suscribe to Scrapbooks etc...but the three mags that came right before my suscription was up had nothing in them I liked or saved...so I stopped my suscription. I would LOVE to suscribe to Scrapbook trends--but it is a little to expensive for me as I tend to tear the magazines apart and save only what catches my eye.
SUS ImageImageImage
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

suslvgeo wrote:I used to suscribe to Scrapbooks etc...but the three mags that came right before my suscription was up had nothing in them I liked or saved...so I stopped my suscription. I would LOVE to suscribe to Scrapbook trends--but it is a little to expensive for me as I tend to tear the magazines apart and save only what catches my eye.
I used to subscribe to Scrapbooks Etc but got really tired of seeing it in the stores a week before it arrived in my mailbox! but now I find most of my inspiration online, although I'll thumb through them in the store and pick one up if something catches my eye. Ones that I do tend to look at more than others are Scrapbooks Etc, CK, love Scrapbook Trends but beyond my budget, DH buys a couple of train magazines, I love National Geographic but haven't subscribed since my dad passed away 6 years ago.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

I have Scrapbooks ETC I preferred taht over Creating Keepsakes - but even that is getting boring.

I have Ladies Home Journal and Good Housekeeping - but I find that I finish those within an hour or so.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
scrapaholic
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 5

Post by scrapaholic »

Same here.
Have a coke and a smile!Image
need2scrap
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 32

Post by need2scrap »

I don't subscribe to any right now - used to get Scrapbooks Etc and Creating Keepsakes, along with Time, Money, HandyMan, Consumer Reports, National Geographic, Oxygen, Women's Fitness..... I had about 7 coming in every month for my dh and myself, now I don't have any.....:(

I agree with the others about getting my inspiration online.
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 325

Post by Flasher »

CherryTat wrote:I love magazines in general, but I cannot bring myself to pay the money for them!!! So I get all my inspiration online :)

Same here. However, I do purchase old issues of Scrapbooks etc. and Creating Keepsakes at Archiver's when they go 75% off. The last time I did that the girl at the counter said "You know, most of the lines in that issue aren't even available anymore." I said "So". Inspiration is inspiration.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”