spellbinders & sizzix updated...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

spellbinders & sizzix updated...

Post by cort »

Ok so I really need to stay out of craft stores...i mean it's getting out of hand...but that is not the real reason for the post.

I just purchased some spell binders (I got 4 sets for 40 bucks...i hope that is a good deal)

My question is...in order to emboss it says that you need embossing mats...which i of course don't have at the moment. (yeah for being un informed and un prepared :bludconfused:)

Anyways...is there something (like a mouse pad) or some other house hold item that i might have on had that i could use? Or maybe some of that rubber drawer liner layered? Or do i have to make another trip to the scrap store?

TIA

well i broke down and bought the mats...got them for about 5 bucks...yeah for coupons! I actually used them a lot for some layouts that i did..and i like them...do you need them? if you have a cricut i would say not really (which i have a cricut..but i figured what the heck ) I think i have a scrappy problem..the thing is ...i really don't know if i want it fixed. :winkb: :winkb: :winkb:
Last edited by cort on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
GeriNY
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 15

Re: spellbinders & sizzix

Post by GeriNY »

I'm not sure, try googling your question to see if you get some ideas.
Geralyn
Life is good, and even better when the SUN is shining! :)
SusanZennario
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 357

Post by SusanZennario »

I don;t think there is. I had to purchase them. I got them from sizzix.com and I think they were $5 each for the rubber mat and the silicone mat. You need both to emboss. I just ordered them this wekk so can;t tell you for sure though if something else might work!

But WHERE did you get Spellbinders sets for $10 each?????
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams
scrap-4-life
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 138

Post by scrap-4-life »

Here is some info about the Spellbinders tan embossing mat that I found for you. ;)

The tan embossing mat was created for embossing Spellbinders die templates. It has a specific density that delivers excellent embossing depth and lasts indefinitely. Other items can be substituted but will not provide the same results. A package of 2 Tan Embossing mats retails for 8.99, and can often be found for less with sales and/or coupons. It could be split with a friend, unless you use the BigKick or Big Shot machines, which require the use of 2 Tan Embossing Mats.

Hope that helps!
~Julie

http://www.joverby.blogspot.com/
Spellbinders DT

TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

Cort - you are so on top of it - I don't even know what spellbinders are. I think I've seen them but my reaction was more like "oh no, not another new tool"

did you try you tube?
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

SWAY2865 wrote:Cort - you are so on top of it - I don't even know what spellbinders are. I think I've seen them but my reaction was more like "oh no, not another new tool"

did you try you tube?
Yeah, that is just how I felt. another tool. Don't I have enough?
Bibi
cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

SWAY2865 wrote:Cort - you are so on top of it - I don't even know what spellbinders are. I think I've seen them but my reaction was more like "oh no, not another new tool"

did you try you tube?

they also are called nestablities or something like that.
ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”