Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

megamay

Cherry Cola

anyone want to do a submitting challenge with me?
This year I made a goal for myself to submit to at least one publication each month - preferably more. I'm really going for at least one paper publication AND one digital, but we will see how long that lasts.

anyway, there is a ton of talent here and I would love to get more of you ladies submitting. So what if you don't get chosen - you never know unless you try. Just send it in and forget it! so, I can't afford to give out a prize every month, but every 3 or 4 months, I will put names in a hat of everyone who has submitted since the last drawing and choose someone to get a RAK from me. How's that sound? who's with me?

I will post a thread in 'our little pub' folder, for you to let me know that you submitted this month. Feel free to share where you submitted to, or not, it's up to you. Just be honest please! only post after you actually do the submitting!

since this is a random RAK from me, this is open to CT members too - and I expect some of you to participate too :winkb:

oh and there are calls for cards, digital stuff, stamping, altered, etc.

scraptag

Cherry Cola

Re: anyone want to do a submitting challenge with me?
WOW. that sounds cool. Should they show the thing they submitted in your thread and where?
I'll do it if some of you other ladies do it. I just don't feel real confident about my talent to put it on display. But sometimes you just have to say, "what the hay", and go for it.

megamay

Cherry Cola

scraptag wrote:WOW. that sounds cool. Should they show the thing they submitted in your thread and where?
I'll do it if some of you other ladies do it. I just don't feel real confident about my talent to put it on display. But sometimes you just have to say, "what the hay", and go for it.

no, you don't have to show what you submitted, in fact some of the publications would rather you keep things that you submit private so that they have exclusivity. I think that is pretty much just 'scrapbook and cards today' at this point, most of the other ones will take stuff that is in your online gallery, they just ask you to take it down if it gets picked up.

yep, you just have to say 'what the hay!' - and I have to admit, with DT submissions I get all invested in them and really hurt when I don't make it. but with submissions, you just try again next time. I mean, they are usually looking for a certain thing to round out their articles, and you never know if yours is what they need. So, I am pretty good at taking the 'rejection' of the submissions with a grain of salt. you should be too! don't let it stop you, you have to be persistent for a while.

I made myself a goal, submit every month this year. I am not going to get frustrated until the end of the year. if the end of the year comes and I haven't had any success, well then I will re-evaluate. But I'm giving myself a full year.

plus, Im going to give a RAK to someone(s) who participate. Maybe every 3 months or so I will draw a name from people who post in my thread.

consider this peer pressure - 'come on do it!'

anazelia

Cherry Cola

I have submitted too a few online mags- I have had few in Scrapbook News and Review and in Feb I have one in scrap street. So I am down to doing this with you.

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

I'm definitely in! :)

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

I need to do this as well. I just got two paper layouts picked up by SBTrends last month. But I need to submit on a regular basis! Great challenge!
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

Ashjoy

Cherry Bomb

I'll commit to one a month. I'm just not big into the submitting thing, just takes to much time for me to be bothered. But now if the ACOT challenges could double as submits then it might be worth it. I would so much rather do a challenge then to submit to a magazine.
Joyce 

megamay

Cherry Cola

Ashjoy wrote:I'll commit to one a month. I'm just not big into the submitting thing, just takes to much time for me to be bothered. But now if the ACOT challenges could double as submits then it might be worth it. I would so much rather do a challenge then to submit to a magazine.

nope sorry, doing a challenge doesnt count, BUT if you can make a challenge page work for a submission call AND submit it, that's fine.

Like, the ezines will accept pages that have been posted on your blog or in your gallery, so you could make something for an ACOT challenge and then submit it.
I'd totally give you credit for that.

averys_mom

Cherry Cola

What magazines absolutely will not take previously posted layouts?

megamay

Cherry Cola

averys_mom wrote:What magazines absolutely will not take previously posted layouts?

CK (creating keepsakes)
this is what papercrafts says: "We will not intentionally publish any projects that have appeared anywhere online (which includes but is not limited to blogs of any kind, galleries, or contest/challenge entry or winner)."

this is what scrapbook trends (also cards and create) says: "All ideas should be your original work and not previously published."

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

I'll do it with you. I've been submitting to SNR and Scrapstreet but I may also try one of the paper mags
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

I don't have a clue how to submit to any publications. But I enjoy looking at them..lol
***Tanya***

megamay

Cherry Cola

scrappininAK wrote:I'll do it with you. I've been submitting to SNR and Scrapstreet but I may also try one of the paper mags

totally you should try!

megamay

Cherry Cola

gonecamping wrote:I don't have a clue how to submit to any publications. But I enjoy looking at them..lol

it's easy, you go to the 'our little pub' folder here and read what calls are out, when they are due, and where to email. Then you send a photo of your work and some info to the email address that is listed - easy peasy!

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I've been wanting to try submitting, but never seem to have the time to keep up on the calls & figure out what could work. Maybe with the lure of potential prizes, lol... we'll see! I definitely want to make scrapping a priority this year and try to get a little more caught up (currently right at 2 years behind, but was 18 mos. behind for a couple years, so I lost ground in 2010! :( ).
Image Image

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

I'm in... Maybe this will kick my tail into getting some scrapping done!!
Rebecca

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

ok, maybe I will give it a shot!
***Tanya***

megamay

Cherry Cola

yay! so glad that so many people are going to join! all you need to do is go to the pub folder viewforum.php?f=160
pick out a current call, make a page and submit! that's it!

Ashjoy

Cherry Bomb

OK OK, I submitted one. Now remind me next month to do the same. LOL
Joyce 

Kitkat137

Sweet Cherry Pie

I don't have enough confidence in my LOs to submit them.
Kat >^..^<

Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee