We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

jannyf

Cherry Bing

Ugh! You'll never guess what my brilliant mother did
....she GLUED old b&w photos from the 30s and 40s into a non acid free book!!!! I'm assuming she used good ole Elmer's glue. Any ideas on how to get these photos off these pages?????

I guess she thought it was a good idea - NOT! Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
- Jan

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Ugh! You'll never guess what my brilliant mother did
Have you used UNDU? That stuff is amazing and won't hurt the photos.
ImageImageImageImage

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

I was going to suggest Un-du too.
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

SusanZennario

Cherry Bing

Undu and that spatula tool that Cricut has. I;ve used them together many times and the undu gets the glue soft while the spatula will help you stay under the photo without leaving a layer of the backing behind when you try to lift it!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

SusanZenn wrote:Undu and that spatula tool that Cricut has. I;ve used them together many times and the undu gets the glue soft while the spatula will help you stay under the photo without leaving a layer of the backing behind when you try to lift it!

I have to ask. What is that spatula for? I don't have a Cricut and I was wondering why you would need one for it.

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

-Tracy- wrote:
SusanZenn wrote:Undu and that spatula tool that Cricut has. I;ve used them together many times and the undu gets the glue soft while the spatula will help you stay under the photo without leaving a layer of the backing behind when you try to lift it!

I have to ask. What is that spatula for? I don't have a Cricut and I was wondering why you would need one for it.
\

sometimes I need the spatula to get the paper off the mat, especially a newer mat or thin paper

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

SWAY2865 wrote:
-Tracy- wrote:

\

sometimes I need the spatula to get the paper off the mat, especially a newer mat or thin paper

Oh! Thanks. :)

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

I don't know what half those tools in the Cricut tool kit are for! I've used the one that looks like a dental tool and the plastic thing to get the cuts off the mat but really nothing else.
Image Charlene

msseptmbr

Cherry Blossom

scrapscot wrote:I don't know what half those tools in the Cricut tool kit are for! I've used the one that looks like a dental tool and the plastic thing to get the cuts off the mat but really nothing else.
It is to make us buy more stuff!!! haha

sherry

Cherry Bing

I use the little scraper tool- kind of an oblong shape, to clean the scraps off the mat. I also use it to make a great crease in my cards. If you just cannot get the photos off any other way, just cut them out-- with your mom's permission of course.

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

If all else fails, old photos can get wet so you can soak the paper off. Now the photo will be curly when it dries and you will have a devil of a time getting it flat!

jannyf

Cherry Bing

Ok - I will look for Un-du. I don't know if M has it or not. Guess I may have to go to the Cherry store (hate it when that happens.). Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!
- Jan

scrap-o-holic

Cherry Bing

something else to try is to run dental floss under them.....that worked great for photos I had that were in those magnetic, sticky books for years!
Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour might actually turn out to be a retard in tin foil!

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Before you do anything though I would suggest scanning them. You can crop to just the photo, and that way you'll have a digital backup!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

montana_girl

Cherry Bomb

Ayla wrote:Before you do anything though I would suggest scanning them. You can crop to just the photo, and that way you'll have a digital backup!
Ohhhh.... great idea! Wish we would have done that (or even had a scanner) when my mom was taking pictures out of older albums. We lost a few in the process.... :bluesad:
Stacy

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

If my mother did that, I'd have to put her down like a sick dog.
Leslie

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

I suggest scanning them as well. I had some stuck in an old album and that's what I did and then I selected and cropped each photo out using photoshop.
Becky

Image Image Image

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

lilkoala3 wrote:If my mother did that, I'd have to put her down like a sick dog.
I think I'd give the dog another chance, though.
Becky

Image Image Image

koala1966

Cherry Delight

imwickedwitch wrote:I suggest scanning them as well. I had some stuck in an old album and that's what I did and then I selected and cropped each photo out using photoshop.
I agree, scan them first if at all possible. If you can't scan, then at least take a picture of them (in nondirect light, without a flash, with the macro setting on). Just in case!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee