Do you love chipboard?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

tinamcd
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 6

Do you love chipboard?

Post by tinamcd »

Want a chance to win some AWESOME chipboard goodies from Magistical Memories??
We are having a sketch challenge for the month of July...
Come on by and check it out for your chance to win!!

http://forum.bbqchipboard.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 780

Re: Do you love chipboard?

Post by lilkoala3 »

EarthMom wrote:Wish that you had posted a link I could visit with out joining! I tried to look at it, and got a message saying I don't have permission to view these files.......niiiiccccceeeee........NOT!
Since she's just here to pimp out Magistical Memories, I don't think she'll ever read your response. She'll probably only be back on ACOT the next time her blog needs traffic or something.

There are several talented women on ACOT that are on other design teams and actively promote manufacturers. But guess what? They are active on this board and treat us like people, not future customers. For example, when RitaS wants me to go to the BoBunny blog, that's great. I know a few things about her, and I think she's a nice lady.
Last edited by lilkoala3 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leslie
meteechtap
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 318

Post by meteechtap »

lilkoala3 wrote:
EarthMom wrote:Wish that you had posted a link I could visit with out joining! I tried to look at it, and got a message saying I don't have permission to view these files.......niiiiccccceeeee........NOT!
Since she's just here to pimp out Magistical Memories, I don't think she'll ever read your response. She's probably only be back on ACOT the next time her blog needs traffic or something.

There are several talented women on ACOT that are on other design teams and activiely promote manufacturers. But guess what? They are active on this board and treat us like people, not future customers. For example, when RitaS wants me to go to the BoBunny blog, that's great. I know a few things about her, and I think she's a nice lady.

Nicely said Leslie!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

Yup - I agree, too! Go Leslie!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

writerlady wrote:Yup - I agree, too! Go Leslie!

Great Job putting it Leslie. It was very disappointing to get the "member only" link.
Laurie

tinamcd
Cherry Tart

Post by tinamcd »

Hi girls... suprise!! I'm back! :)
I'm really sorry you gals feel this way. I did go in and introduce myself in the welcome forum... life hs been busy the last 2 weeks and I just have not had a chance to check back in.
You sure know how to make a gal feel welcome... I'm really sorry you all feel this way. i do not earn anything for promoting MM... I just know their product is amazing and want to share it with the rest of the scrappy world. ACOT was recomended to me... now I'm a little unsure that I want to be a part of it...
tinamcd
Cherry Tart

Post by tinamcd »

i also forgot to mention... I'm really sorry about the members only link. I was unaware of that, but will be seeing if we can change that. Thanks for being so gracious in letting me know...
JDs Mom
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 424

Post by JDs Mom »

Don't take it personally--I think people are just tired of a couple things--
#1 People who only post layouts to promote the designers they CT for and never chat on the mb or comment on others' layouts (especially those that post layouts that are obviously not "meaningful to them"--layouts with stock photos of kids they got off the internet, etc. just for their ct requirements)
#2 People who post only to promote something and are otherwise never around and don't contribute to the community in any way--like a contest of their newest product.
We are a really nice group of very caring and fun ladies and I think if you stick around and play you'll quickly change your mind--we're just really tired of what feels like to us as being "used." We've had a big bout of it lately and we've been talking about it a lot. Plus it's just dang hot. Melty-hot. Counting-the-days-until-December-hot.

Did I sum that up succinctly, Ladies?
Carol

ACOT May 2010 Digi Guest CT

formerly CT for Merkeley Designs, Sus Designs and E-scape and Scrap...

letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

Good job, Carol.
Laurie

tinamcd
Cherry Tart

Post by tinamcd »

Thanks for your explaination Carol.
I can honestly understand why it would be upsetting in some ways. It is not what they were getting across that upsets me. It's the delivery.
I made sure to go in and introduce myself before I ever posted this. I wanted to make sure that this was not going to happen. I guess that was in vain.
i would have welcomed ANY private messages. Even ones asking me to go away and never come back!! But to make public accusations... It just doesn't seem right to me.

Another thing... there is no link to my blog in my posts... (except maybe my siggi) so I'm not looking for trafic to my blog. Every project I make is because I love to create. I adore my family and they mean the world to me. THAT is why I create. That i get to share it with the world is an added bonus.

I'm not sure how it would be me using you even if I DID just hop on and post a way for you to win FREE product... But I guess that's just me.

Anyway... thanks again for explaining. I'm sure this is a very kind and caring bunch of ladies... IF you are one of them. But for us newbies or outsiders, it sure doesn't feel that way. That's a shame...
aceason
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 723

Post by aceason »

Well put Carol, and FYI I'm a newbie and have felt very welcome!
tinamcd
Cherry Tart

Post by tinamcd »

Awe, that's great Andrea. I'm glad to hear that. :)
wahoo_mom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 195

Post by wahoo_mom »

Yes, we are a bit sensitive toward people who seem to be advertising because we have been hit with several lately and you seemed to be one of them because of your promotion of a blog and manufacturer so soon after you joined. I hope you will forgive us and stick around. By reading some of the other threads, you will find a lot of very nice people hang out here.

Like the sketch!
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 780

Post by lilkoala3 »

tinamcd wrote:Thanks for your explaination Carol.
I can honestly understand why it would be upsetting in some ways. It is not what they were getting across that upsets me. It's the delivery.
I made sure to go in and introduce myself before I ever posted this. I wanted to make sure that this was not going to happen. I guess that was in vain.
i would have welcomed ANY private messages. Even ones asking me to go away and never come back!! But to make public accusations... It just doesn't seem right to me.

Another thing... there is no link to my blog in my posts... (except maybe my siggi) so I'm not looking for trafic to my blog. Every project I make is because I love to create. I adore my family and they mean the world to me. THAT is why I create. That i get to share it with the world is an added bonus.

I'm not sure how it would be me using you even if I DID just hop on and post a way for you to win FREE product... But I guess that's just me.

Anyway... thanks again for explaining. I'm sure this is a very kind and caring bunch of ladies... IF you are one of them. But for us newbies or outsiders, it sure doesn't feel that way. That's a shame...

You posted your introduction 4 minutes before giving us a link to Magistical Memories, and then you didn't come back until today. I ask you, would you have introduced yourself if you didn't want to send us to MM? Did you make any effort to get to know any of us since then? It seems you introduced yourself, gave us a "sales pitch," and then disappeared for 2 weeks.

You said you don't get anything out of sending us to MM. You're on their design team, correct? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought the job of a design team was to promote a manufacturer, website, blog, etc...?

If you look at your first post (before you sent us to MM), you can see that MANY women welcomed you with open arms. It's when you started your second thread when people (including myself) got annoyed. I can say that, without a doubt, the women on ACOT (including myself) are THE most sweet, caring, intelligent, witty, loving, and fun people on the Internet.

I've been on ACOT since 2006. I have met about 15 cherries in-person. ACOT is a large part of my life, and I make no apologies for calling people out when I think they are on the board simply to promote a business. Indeed, nothing in your previous posts changes my mind about my original position.
Leslie
tinkiesue
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 74

Post by tinkiesue »

I'm sorry you all feel this way :( Tina is just trying to do her job so please don't be upset with her personally.
Cherry Jubilee

Post by »

If I hadn't been on this board since it started, and was a new person joining over the last year or so, I'm not so sure I'd stick around either. Several of the posts lately pretty much annoy me because I think they are rude, and make new people fill unwelcome. Fortunately, I know there a lot of lovely ladies on here so I stay.
Cherry Jubilee

Post by »

Also, if I was on the design team or anything like that, I would NEVER say anything rude to our members . The DT and guest DT members are representatives of ACOT and should represent the company in a manner that reflects well on the company. It's like going into a brick and mortar store and being treated poorly by the sales staff.
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Post by Flasher »

Very well put, Leslie. I agree with you 100%.

As for anyone else saying if they were a new person they'd probably not stick around because of the "rudeness", I disagree 100% with that. As far as I can tell, the Cherries welcome everyone - quite emphatically - and tell them to stick around and play. Granted, I don't spend as much time on the board as I used to, but I don't see rudeness to any new poster EXCEPT those that appear to be here for their own betterment.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Cherry Jubilee

Post by »

I'm just saying there have been a few people that they way they post has a rude/catty/harsh tone to their posts. So it's easy to see why some wouldn't feel welcome. I know, from experience, that often times what we type comes across as one way, when in fact, we meant something else entirely. For the most part I agree, this is a friendly place and I've always felt welcome by most everyone. There's a few people I tend to keep my distance from, cause I find their posts condescending and rude. But, that's just me. They may not mean to come across the way I take it, maybe they do. I don't know. But, we are a large group of women, and it's not unusual to become best friends with some, not care for others, and find others to be somewhere in the middle.
alligatorally
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 18

Post by alligatorally »

I had been on the magistical memories team for quite a long time and that's how I found out about ACOT.

and I stayed around.... and I promote ACOT on my blog because I like it here.

BUT. if someone had "called me out" so to speak when I'm just trying to tell others about a contest where you can win stuff, I would have felt like an intruder and never returned.

Just so you know, girls on manufacturer teams have requirements to meet and part of it is usually to promote the mfgr. on message boards. They're only human, don't give 'em such a hard time.

I love magistical and I love acot... hope we can all get along :-D
~ Kristi ~

blog

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”