Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Kitkat137

Sweet Cherry Pie

Explaining to the Husband...
So, I spent about $90 on Cricut Cartridges and my husband was totally bugged out. I tried to explain to him that I got FOUR cartridges (including Lyrical Letters for only $25!!) He still didn't understand the great deal that I got. How do you explain to your husband some of the more expensive purchases that you make for scrapbooking?
Kat >^..^<

Image Image Image

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

Re: Explaining to the Husband...
I don't. He has his vices and I have mine.
Becky

Image Image Image

Kitkat137

Sweet Cherry Pie

I work full time but we have to keep a pretty close watch on our expenditures to pay the bills
Kat >^..^<

Image Image Image

JulianaM

Cherry Bomb

I am usually pretty good about what I spend, but he understands the need for the occasional large purchase if I get really excited about it and explain it to him!!!

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

I've spent the same amount at ACOT in 4 mos. that DH has spent on 2 rounds of golf this spring. He has his hobbies....I have mine.

Lynda

aceason

Cherry Bing

My husband is a big tool guy so I always explain it in his terms. You have to buy the right tools to do the job and they end up paying for themselves in the long run. Think how much you'll save buy being able to make your own embellishments rather than always buying them!

sherry

Cherry Bing

I don't explain my purchases either. He buys his stuff, and his hobbies are much more expensive than mine. Don't ask, don't tell.

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I agree- my dh has no idea how much I spend (I don't think). And I pretend to not know how much money he spends on his Jeep stuff. :)

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

Ha! He is just like yours, he would be bugged out and not understand what a OMG! deal your got!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

gine

Cherry Garcia

I do not hide anything.....I just dont tell.....and I balace the checkbook :-D
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Well I take care of the budget and I am the one that manages our savings. He has his hobbies and I have mine. They are what make us individuals I appreciate our alone time. :)

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

I spend so much time talking about how expensive they are that he would already know I got a deal, I just always talk about it before I buy and he gets to the point where he is sick of hearing me go back and forth and says "just buy it" lol but seriously he knows how much they cost and would know I got a deal... If he did get upset I would just explain how much I will save in the long run. But we have an allowance and he spends his how he wants and I spend mines how I want.. some months it's less some it's more but it's guilt free since we budget it out.

JDs Mom

Cherry Bomb

DH is my biggest (worst) enabler when it comes to buying scrappy stuff. He's also my go-to guy because he's a FIEND for finding the best deals on the internet. I'm really lucky that way. If I weren't and DH was putting up a fuss, here's what I'd do...Show DH the prices that you "should" have paid (aka, the suggested retail price from the actual Cricut website) and have him do the math and then he'll see what a really great deal you got. If that doesn't work, show him some prices on chipboard and rub-on letters and such...and explain to him you now have an "endless supply" in any color or pattern or size you chose. If that doesn't work, well, use your girlish charms...
Carol

ACOT May 2010 Digi Guest CT

formerly CT for Merkeley Designs, Sus Designs and E-scape and Scrap...

JeanG

Cherry Cola

I'm lucky with my DH, too. If I want something, I order it. I'll telll him I ordered it and he seldom asks how much I spent, so I just tell him. When my SSD check comes, I just pay off the credit card.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

Shadywolfe

Cherry Blossom

Welp, I just hit "submit" on an order of pens and then read this post. I was talking to the bf about white pens and how I needed one for the LO that is currently in front of me (after reading the post here). I was asking about buying some pens and what a good deal I found and how perfect that particular pen sounded and he looked up from his xbox and said "huh, what pen?"
SO! I'll be in the same boat next week when my $26 package of pens arrives and he asks, "wth is this?"

...serves him right *edited to add my point which I forgot to type out*
Sometimes it just goes in one ear and right out the other so, sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

I don't! LOL I just pay for my scrappy stuff out of my paycheck and he never questions me. I never tell him how much I spend. I only tell him how much I saved. It's just all in the presentation. You start out the conversation telling him all the cool stuff you got and then tell him all the $$$ you saved, without revealing what you spent.

We've been married 44 years and I'll tell you a secret. We've always had separate checking accounts and separate credit cards. We NEVER open each others mail. I told him if he ever opened one of my credit card statements, then he would have to pay the bill. He's very careful not to open any of my mail. LOL
Image ImageImage

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

I'm lucky...don't have a husband and I don't have to explain my purchases to anyone else.
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I never had to explain a purchase to my husband.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

averys_mom

Cherry Cola

My dh knows enough about how much Cricut cartridges cost on sale, so he would know that $90 for four cartridges was a really good deal!

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

My dh is my biggest enabler! He will see things on sale and ask if I want to go get it. We do not have kids and for mothers day he bought me a $50 gift card to Archivers. He is the BEST!:-D :-D :-D
ImageImage 

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee