We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

Does anyone flock?** with layout
So I used my flock for the 1st time this weekend and it didn't go very well.

I thought it would come out a lot heavier on the card stock then it did. It also seemed like it wasn't sticking very well to the glue. I just have those little tiny bottles from cuttlebug or centipede or whoever it is, should I be dumping the entire bottle on it?

Any tips would be great because I want to flock my color challenge

THANK YOU

Here is the layout I did last night with flocking on the title

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Does anyone flock?
What the flock are you talking about! haha...ok..bad joke.

I have never used it, but bought a bunch of it when I was in Texas cos I found brown flocking stuff for my dog's album. Interested to read this thread!!!!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

JDs Mom

Cherry Bomb

No, we stopped flocking about the same time we pitched Grandma's aluminum christmas tree with the motorized color wheel. What I wouldn't give for that thing now! Seriously, I don't do well at all with GlimmerMist--I can imagine the mess I'd make with the flocking!! Good luck!
Carol

ACOT May 2010 Digi Guest CT

formerly CT for Merkeley Designs, Sus Designs and E-scape and Scrap...

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Northern Brat wrote:What the flock are you talking about! haha...ok..bad joke.

I have never used it, but bought a bunch of it when I was in Texas cos I found brown flocking stuff for my dog's album. Interested to read this thread!!!!
Leslie! That was FLOCKING awesome!

And did you pour the flock on top of the glue then shake the excess off? In reality, I've used flock a couple of times, and I didn't think it was worth it... I just don't think it's that noticeable. But maybe we're BOTH doing it wrong.
Leslie

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

yep, glue first and then the flock and shake shake shake

This time I put the letters through the xyron (upside down) then I dumped the entire bottle of flock on the letters and shook them off. Guess what? It doesn't look any different than this weekends attempt. -

So, not impressed with the flock adventure. It could be because I am using white I might try it again since I bought the pack of colors. (but I know me and I doubt it)

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

lilkoala3 wrote:
Northern Brat wrote:What the flock are you talking about! haha...ok..bad joke!!!!
Leslie! That was FLOCKING awesome!

You guys are killing me! But I love it too! :-D
Laurie

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

I have some but haven't used it yet. I bought some Doodlebug flocking. Hope I didn't waste my money.
 Image ImageImage

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

JDs Mom wrote:No, we stopped flocking about the same time we pitched Grandma's aluminum christmas tree with the motorized color wheel. What I wouldn't give for that thing now! Seriously, I don't do well at all with GlimmerMist--I can imagine the mess I'd make with the flocking!! Good luck!

I sold one of those on ebay a few years back - made a killing on something that we found in my great aunts attic :)
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

oh, and my flock hasn't come out of the package yet....
there was a crop class using it once....
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

I sprinkled on flock after glueing but it wasn't very thixk so then I sprayed glue on top and added more flock pressing down. It took 2 or 3 layers to work out good
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I have to say, I have not had much luck with the flocking either. Although I own several bottles because I thought it was cool. ;)

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

Give this a shot and let me know as it worked for me.

1. layer of glue (and double sided tape worked too)
2. lots of the flocking (cover completely)
3. cover with a piece of release paper (the white backing off Xyron after you've run something through) or even wax paper.
4. run a brayer over the top of the release paper in several directions (up/down/across/ side to side/etc).
5. now shake off the excess.

I use this for applying glitter too and I get better adhering (not 100% all the time) but better.

So, flock on! lol
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

SiriF

Cherry Blossom

I found this video on youTube that I think was great! I must admit that I have not tried it, but I think I´ll just give it a go now!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVlWn9A6Cts[/video]

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

I LOVE my flock!!! I have found that using actual glue (I have a little glue pen) works better because it has dimension before you put the flock on.

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

Thank you ladies - I will try all of this tonight and give you the results - could very well be operator error.

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

Don't say what the Flock and give up hahaha.

I have used it some. I use just the normal liquid scrap glue. I found that if its a small area I use tweezers and apply it heavily and then let the glue completely dry before I shake off the excess.

I haven't tried it but I have wondered if using like elmers glue would work better since you can get it to "stand up" even before putting on the flock.

handerful

Cherry Cropper

I haven't ventured into the flockin world. For now, I am happy to view from a far. Good luck!
Image Image
RACHEL

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

Tim Holtz shows on his blog in the last couple of days using some flocking with Glossy Accents. He does similarly to what the woman in the video shows and pushing down on it after it is on the glue
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

JeanG

Cherry Cola

Thanks for the link to the video, Siri - it at least gave me an idea of whether or not I'll ever be brave enough to try that.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Does anyone flock?** with layout
Great job on the layout! Looks great!!!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee