Need some help with 50th birthday album

Moderator: ACOT Employee

jmo95
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 964

Need some help with 50th birthday album

Post by jmo95 »

so my friend is turning 50 this week. I am working on a mini album titled Fabulous and Fifty! It is a mini album obviously dedicated to her turning 50. The only page I have finished besides the title page is a "in the year you were born" page. Do you have any great quotes or other ideas for me to put in the book? I found tons of humorous...but was looking for more uplifting and positive. My friend recently had a heart attack and is very thankful to be alive. any suggestions are welcome. TIA!
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Re: Need some help with 50th birthday album

Post by writerlady »

What a lovely gesture! Were you planning like: a page with 10 things I love about you, your top 10 ... movies, songs, foods, etc., the places we've been, the funniest thing I've seen you do/heard you say? I can't think of more right now. Hope this helps a little.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

betseymae
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 70

Post by betseymae »

Maybe you could pick something positive in her life... like grandchild? Child? Why you like her friendship?
AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

Here is a LO I did about one of my friends turning 50. This may give you some ideas. I did an album for another friend, which covered a span of several years. I included popular songs in various years, fashion trends, big news headlines, pics of automobiles and how they have changed. You can get all the information you want on these subjects from the internet and it's really fun scrapping them. I did a 60's page with all of the flower power theme, wild hair, and bell bottom pants. Hope you enjoy working on the album.
Image ImageImage

Nikki_E
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 19

Post by Nikki_E »

That is so nice of you!
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

My husband turned 50 this year and refused for anyone to even wish him a Happy Birthday. He'd never been that way before, so both kids just called to say hi. And no pictures for me to scrap of a 50th birthday!

What I can help you with is a book my daughter gave me right after I started to scrap. Title: Quotable Texas Women by Susie Kelly Flatau and Lou Halsell Rodenberger. There is 500 Quotes and Quips all by as you guessed it Texas Women.

I thought about what you said of your friend. I often think if I had to face something like your friend I would chase my dreams with earnest. I like these three quotes under the chapter "Dreams."

The winner of the hoop race will be the first to realize her dream, not society's dream, but her own personal dream. Barbara Bush

Most of my life's work started out in my dreams. Cathy Bonner

Watch the stars burn across the galaxy, then dream a poem. Carlyn Luke Reding

There is nothing on Birthdays. But you might be able to find the book on Amazon for exceedingly cheap. If you can think of a topic, I might be able to add more quotes. Just leave another post here and I'll post some from the topic. Or if you want a list of the topics let me know. I'll keep checking back!
jmo95
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 964

Post by jmo95 »

killarney_rose wrote:My husband turned 50 this year and refused for anyone to even wish him a Happy Birthday. He'd never been that way before, so both kids just called to say hi. And no pictures for me to scrap of a 50th birthday!

What I can help you with is a book my daughter gave me right after I started to scrap. Title: Quotable Texas Women by Susie Kelly Flatau and Lou Halsell Rodenberger. There is 500 Quotes and Quips all by as you guessed it Texas Women.

I thought about what you said of your friend. I often think if I had to face something like your friend I would chase my dreams with earnest. I like these three quotes under the chapter "Dreams."

The winner of the hoop race will be the first to realize her dream, not society's dream, but her own personal dream. Barbara Bush

Most of my life's work started out in my dreams. Cathy Bonner

Watch the stars burn across the galaxy, then dream a poem. Carlyn Luke Reding

There is nothing on Birthdays. But you might be able to find the book on Amazon for exceedingly cheap. If you can think of a topic, I might be able to add more quotes. Just leave another post here and I'll post some from the topic. Or if you want a list of the topics let me know. I'll keep checking back!

Thanks...these are great. exactly along the lines of what I am thinking. It is so easy to find over the hill quotes but nothing positive and uplifting that apply to a 50th birthday. I really appreciate the time you took to look these up!

Thanks to everyone. You offered some ideas I hadn't even thought of!
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image
Beth-W
Featured Guest Coordinator
Gallery: 459

Post by Beth-W »

Love the idea of doing uplifting quotes. Here is one of my faves:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take;But by the moments that take our breath away…..

I goggled uplifting quotes and this site looks like it has a lot: http://www.mccoyescapes.com/uplifting_quotes/
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
betiloo
Cherry Blossom

Post by betiloo »

you could highlite major events in her 50 yrs.
trinigirlmd
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by trinigirlmd »

You could do a 2-page layout with space for her to write in (or you can interview her and write for her) major personal milestones in each decade of her life.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”