Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

scraptag

Cherry Cola

I just finished
7 pages! I'll take pics tomorrow and download some, but I'm so excited. I scrap chronologically so I'm thrilled to only have 8 more pages to do (for the first half of 2007!) I'm trying to pick pictures to print out for the second half of 2007, but it seems we did so much more the second half that I have about 500 to print out. I'm thinking of going back through them and making collages out of some of them to cut down on the printing, but still have enough photos to "tell the story". On another note, I can't wait to print out my 3000 pictures from our vacation this summer. lol It makes me think that 500 is nothing. Agh!

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: I just finished
scraptag wrote:7 pages! I'll take pics tomorrow and download some, but I'm so excited. I scrap chronologically so I'm thrilled to only have 8 more pages to do (for the first half of 2007!) I'm trying to pick pictures to print out for the second half of 2007, but it seems we did so much more the second half that I have about 500 to print out. I'm thinking of going back through them and making collages out of some of them to cut down on the printing, but still have enough photos to "tell the story". On another note, I can't wait to print out my 3000 pictures from our vacation this summer. lol It makes me think that 500 is nothing. Agh!

Wow, you do every detail! I only do about 5 pics per event. And rarely in order :)

scraptag

Cherry Cola

I know I shouldn't scrap chronologically, but I just know that I will scrap the same pics over and over again if I don't print them out in batches. This is the first time in my life that I've had a computer that has worked for more than a year. And I finally have a system where, once I get the printed pics back, I take the pics off my hard drive and put them on my ehd. (of course I have already put them on cd's by month!) I know I sound organized, but I'm actually very messy! lol

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

Okay. you both make me feel sooo mich better about have sooo many pictures to "get" to. I have twelve years of dance recitals and ten years of dance with my niece ( this is her 10th and final year :( ) whom I've taught and sponsered all ten. Plus two boys. ben is five and I have about ten pages of his five years done and I did get to start my baby boy matt last year after he was born in july. So thanx for sharing your work load. :)
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

EarthMom wrote:I don't scrap chronologically, I just make layouts as I feel the inspiration. I already had six kids when I started scrapbooking, so I would NEVER feel relaxed if I tried to "catch up" every one. My theory is this... I scrap because it makes ME happy. When I die, my kids can sort out which pages they want, and the photos and CD's I never got scrapped, they can sort those out too. I'll be dead.. I won't care anymore!! lol ... And in the meantime, I just enjoy the process.
I feel similarly. I don't have kids, though. I just scrap what I want to scrap. I guess I'm a so-called "moment" scrapbooker. If I felt the need to scrap chronologically, I don't think I'd have any fun! But if your system works for you, that's awesome!
Leslie

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Teri, it always amazes me how organized you are at your chronological scrapping...and that you can keep your pages fresh and fun every time while working on the so long ago! I scrapped five pages this week...three of them are from this weekend, and two from the weekend before...I have no patience when it comes to working with fun new photos, so I really admire your self control!

I have tons of photos sorted by the people in them and events...even though I don't print every photo I take. When I don't have anything fun and new, I start pulling from them. Someday I'll get them done...or not, LOL

Can't wait to see what you've done this time!

jannyf

Cherry Bing

Wow - that's impressive! I refuse to print any more pictures until I get scrapped everything I have stored up. Granted nothing is chronological, but I try to scrap by subject matter. I feel like I have to get everything into an album though. It's funny how our personalities come out in the way we scrap!
- Jan

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

I don't scrap chronologically either. That is why I had to quit using CM albums and go to drop in's.
ImageImageImage

scrappie_stacie

Cherry Bomb

EarthMom wrote:I don't scrap chronologically, I just make layouts as I feel the inspiration. I already had six kids when I started scrapbooking, so I would NEVER feel relaxed if I tried to "catch up" every one. My theory is this... I scrap because it makes ME happy. When I die, my kids can sort out which pages they want, and the photos and CD's I never got scrapped, they can sort those out too. I'll be dead.. I won't care anymore!! lol ... And in the meantime, I just enjoy the process.

That's exactly how I feel. When I finish a layout I put it in a sheet protector and throw it in a 12x12 plastic storage box. There's no rhyme or reason to what I scrap. I keep thinking I might eventually have separate boxes for each kid, but letting them divide them up after I'm gone sounds like a better idea... LOL!

---------------------------------------------------------

scrapcathy

Cherry Blossom

That's a ton of pages!! Congrats.

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

Wow, go you!! I need to have a crazy scrappy session like that. :?

handerful

Cherry Cropper

My thoughts exactly! I could have written this post word for word. (Except the part about 6 kids. I only have 3)...
Image Image
RACHEL

genggay

Cherry Blossom

way to go!!!

JeanG

Cherry Cola

That's great! I only managed 2 this week. I used to do chronological scrapping and I was bored. DH wants the pages in the books in chronological order, but I've just been scrapping what I want to lately. If he wants them in order, HE can put them that way after I'm dead and gone!:-D
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

JeanG wrote:That's great! I only managed 2 this week. I used to do chronological scrapping and I was bored. DH wants the pages in the books in chronological order, but I've just been scrapping what I want to lately. If he wants them in order, HE can put them that way after I'm dead and gone!:-D
Wow, your husband sounds really demanding. I'd tell him to go play in the street or something.
Leslie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee