How do you store / sort your brads?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

jBlaze
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

How do you store / sort your brads?

Post by jBlaze »

I am sorting mine by color kind of. Just wondering what everyone else does with these necessities. :)
Jean
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
funny goat stories: http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showth ... gest+thing
MoochieMama
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 59

Re: How do you store / sort your brads?

Post by MoochieMama »

I sort mine by color and I keep them in those little mini zip baggies. I keep all of the baggies in one plastic container so I know where they all are.
Michelle

blaznpat
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by blaznpat »

I sort by shape and color, and store them in a MM container...
Pat

Image Image Image
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

ImageiIsort mine by color and I keep them in this handy dandy case. I can just pick it up and go whenever I go to a crop.
ImageImage 

jcsmaestra
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 934

Post by jcsmaestra »

I sort by color and keep them in something like a tool box that has lots of small compartments.
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

scrappie_stacie
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 184

Post by scrappie_stacie »

I sort by color and store them in these plastic caddies. They're made by Darice. I think they're really for bead storage but they work great for brads, snaps, buttons, etc... Each divided plastic box pops off the main caddy and there's also storage in the round top part.

---------------------------------------------------------
jBlaze
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by jBlaze »

I put nime in the little stacking twist together rounds or in the little screw / tackle plastid divided containers.

I was just wondering if anyone tried keeping manugacturer seperate or anything?

LOVE that caddie!
Jean
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
funny goat stories: http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showth ... gest+thing
chattyscrapper
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 85

Post by chattyscrapper »

Hi, I use a craft mates tote for all my small embellies.. i love it. it's portable and nothing falls out of their home.. they come in all shapes and sizes..
I have the XL caddy..

i sort my brads by size and color if I can. if there are not a lot of one color, I throw them in with all the others that don't have a home of their own..

http://www.craftmates.com/canvas.html
Last edited by chattyscrapper on Sat May 23, 2009 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
GRACEpunches5
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 575

Post by GRACEpunches5 »

i store mine in the smallest cropper hopper boxes. by color, season, holiday, etc.
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]
bluetulip
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 2

Post by bluetulip »

I sort my by colors. I have most of them in a Making Memories embellishment box.
ImageImageImageImage
mkcdaisy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 616

Post by mkcdaisy »

i have then by color/style and I have these to keep them in

Last edited by mkcdaisy on Sat May 23, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

I hardly ever use brads. I like the sugar coated ones from Doodlebug, but that's about it. Doesn't mean I don't have a collection of them anyway! Mine are in a craft container with little compartments, too.
-ange-
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 68

Post by -ange- »

for the most part I sort mine by color, and in some colors the bigger brads are separated out too Image :)
*ange* :)
jodcold
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by jodcold »

Mine are in little baggies or containers sorted by color inside a plastic container. I am planning to buy a container that has separate slots and put them in that.

I have a ton of eyelets which I probably shouldn't have bought since I don't use them. Brads are so much easier for me.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Mine are sorted by color. I keep them in those little separated plastic containers.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
-ange-
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 68

Post by -ange- »

jodcold wrote:Brads are so much easier for me.

me too!!! I love them! :)
*ange* :)
Emsdancemom
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 223

Post by Emsdancemom »

A couple of years ago I found two containers on clearence....they were made to hold Matchbox type cars. I use those. I store by color and type if they are shapped.
ajkulig
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 47

Post by ajkulig »

Brads you say?? I have 3 of these, and 3 smaller but simillar ones- they are not organized. I am working on that right now- I decided I need everything to be more user friendly and easier to get to. Now the only problem is I store everything in these boxes TINY flowers, the occassional speciality button, eyelets and brads- so when was running out of room I would hust buy a new one and never sort and organize.... which is why it's taken me three days to do it now lol!!
Pay no attention to the scrap mess under it- I pulled everything out of drawers and it's every where ; ;
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}
MelissaM
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 319

Post by MelissaM »

I sort by color and keep in this spice rack on my desk (this is where my buttons are too).

Melissa
formally known as mkyanne

Nikki_E
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 19

Post by Nikki_E »

By color in round clear containers that stack.
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”