Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

RitaS

Cherry Bing

SBR mother's day gift?
If you receive a gift for Mother's Day do you prefer something scrapbooking related, ie. store GC, tool, etc.? Or does anything go?

I used to get a new gardening tool - but seriously my son is using the trimmers more than I do in the past few years. DH is getting mega points this year - he is building me a custom storage cabinet. I may not get it for a bit, but he showed me the CAD drawings this morning. It has pull out drawers, looks like bins built in, and the best part is swing out doors that have pegboard so I can hang my embellishment packages!

He went in to buy the paint - I chose white on the outside and gecko green for the inside. It is a table top model - so the next problem to resolve is what to set it on? My solution - is to have him build a base unit in addition - I plan to draw up a design and see what he thinks. It would be simple - mostly shelves, and with a door.

Can't wait to have photos to share with you all.

If you receive a gift for Mother's Day do you prefer something scrapbooking related, ie. store GC, tool, etc.? Or does anything go?
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: SBR mother's day gift?
I have never received anything scrappy for Mother's Day. I did get jewelry a few years. Other than that, I generally get dinner and sometimes a movie, too - like this year.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

bigsmartass

Sweet Cherry Pie

I'm happy with getting spoiled (having him tend to the kids doing the 'work' like meals, dipers, etc so I can just enjoy them and relax), sleep in, meals made for me, etc.

As far as gifts go.. I love scrappy stuff for any gift (but I have sorta trained him on what types of things to buy me... I love rub ons and acrylic stamps so those are safe bets, etc).

I don't require flowers or jelwery... or any gift really, as long as they show in some way I'm appriciated and loved!
Image Laurie, aka Image Image

If you can't convince them, confuse them

Janshotgun

Cherry Cola

I usually get some outdoor item for my garden - but last year I got a Pandora bracelet, so now he knows to buy me charms for it.

I would also love gc's to scrappy places!
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

I'm not a mom, but for mine, I like to give her a girl's day out coupon so us girls (my mom, sis, and me!) can go hang out for a day-usually get a mani/pedi and lunch or dinner. She loves it when we all can get together! Oh, and something for her garden (a plant, or a GC to her favorite nursery). This year she is getting a garden gnome :-D

debamas

Wild Cherry

Anything goes for me! My grown sons are so good at doing for me, anything they see something needing help with, that I feel honored many days of the year, but they usually get a small gift for me on Mother's Day. This morning while I slept, ds # 2 came over and spread fertilizer on our lawn.

I actually called dh when I saw a cute statue in K mart today and asked if anyone needed a hint for a gift, LOL. He said to go ahead and get it...he usually does the purchasing for ds#3, who can't do so on his own...he's our 22 yr old baby boy with severe cerebral palsy...so this will be from him and he will smile at me when I show it to him no matter who bought it. Plus I got one for my own Mom. So cute, it's a little girl with a bowl in her hand and a kitty leaning up her leg hoping to get something from that bowl. My mom and I both love kitties. It'll look nice in our gardens.
Debbie

MiasMommy

Sweet Cherry Pie

Scrappy stuff for sure. Dh will sometimes go get me a gc to my LSS or tell me I have so much to go spend at micheals or where ever. This year he told me I have $50.00 for scrappy stuff. But I told him I wanted to wait til after we move next month before I buy anything so we will have less to move. Also since I have to start packing I wont have much time to scrap until after we move.
Christina

GeriNY

Sweet Cherry Pie

This year I may get something scrappy for the first time. My two sons left after dinner to go shopping and ds#2 popped back in and asked me "Mom you want to get back into scrapbooking again right?" I answered yes and he responded, "cool", and left. I have know idea what they would buy. Should be interesting to see what they come up with. Last year they gave me a hanging basket, which was the first gift they had ever purchased for me on their own. Ds#1 had finally got his license.

Happy Mothers Day to all.

Geralyn
Geralyn
Life is good, and even better when the SUN is shining! :)

RitaS

Cherry Bing

We always get our mothers flowers to plant outdoors (there is a local greenhouse that specializes in unusual colors or hard to find annual species) - and I offer to help my mom with planting. (my gardening tools are all packed for tomorrow). I smiled at the garden gnome - my mother also enjoys statues for her flowerbeds and garden.

Of course the best gift tomorrow will be the think package DD brought home from kindergarten, and DS instructed me not to look in his folder as he has something in there as well. It will be a scrappy moment!:inlove:
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

Your hubby is so sweet to do that for you. What a wonderful gift even if it is a little late.

My hubby gave me my Mother's Day gift early because we are going out of town on Sunday to help my daughter move. He got me flowers and a beautiful card. I'm afraid he's not very creative when it comes to gift buying. I would much rather have something scrappy related, but I would never tell him that. It's the thought that counts, so I would be happy with even just a card. One year he got me a new shower curtain. LOL He means well.
Image ImageImage

ajkulig

Cherry Bing

I buy my own presents. I know, it's sad. But it works out better for every one in the long run DH does not shop and I would just end up getting a gift card for where ever I asked for anyway. This year I got new scrap stuff. A new heat tool- mine did not survive the move. And 2 new Cricut Carts (Hello Kitty Font and Walk in my Garden)
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}

JustJessa

Cherry Bing

I usually get whatever I ask for dh is really good about that. This year I didn't ask for anything and dh is working in another state right now and he found a LSS so he went there and bought me a new album, and a few other goodies :) He said the lady helped him pick stuff out, she did a good job :winkb:
Proudly Creating For:
Sherri Tierney, Amanda Carlson, Erin's Dreams,
Kristi W, LauraMarie Scraps, Pick a Paper, A Moment In Scrap Site CT
Kari Q Designs, Kris Myers Designs, Pretty Scrappy Site CT
Also Belong to Pretty Scrappy QP Team, and Praise Team

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee