We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

Cricut Expression, MM Slice or QK Silouette???
 Which is the best? Which would you get?  What are the pros/cons???

ON the Cricut Expression--can you cut decorative edges on 12X12 papers?

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Cricut Expression, MM Slice or QK Silouette???
 I have the cricut expression and the slice. I love both, the slice is easier to take to crops with you and can only cut out up to 4". the expression is excellent for larger projects. You can cut 12" borders with it. 
ImageImageImageImage

SheilaD

Cherry Berry

I started with the cricut and then upgraded to the expression. I use Sure Cuts a Lot, which allows me to hook it up to my Mac and cut anything I want. I have yet to find any cons. I'm a happy camper.

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

SheilaD wrote: I started with the cricut and then upgraded to the expression. I use Sure Cuts a Lot, which allows me to hook it up to my Mac and cut anything I want. I have yet to find any cons. I'm a happy camper.
 i want to upgrade to a cricut expression too, just need to
 figure out how to do that or if it's worth the trouble & $$.
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

jmo95

Cherry Cola

I have a silhouette and I love it.
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image

Henu_Nea

Cherry Cola

I just got the Expression for Christmas and I am head over heals in LOVE! You can cut 12x12 borders on it, depending on your cartridges. But so far everything that I have thought up, I can do with my Expression with the help of my Design Studio.
ImageImage
Image Image

jaziscrapper

Wild Cherry

I have the Silhouette and the Slice.

The Silouette allows you to cut using any true font you have on your computer, but it's not portable. I also have to play to determine the correct size I want.

The Slice is very easy to use and is portable.

I love them both. Good luck in your decision.

jiffy

Cherry Picker

jmo95 wrote: I have a silhouette and I love it.
Me too!   I received my silhouette last Christmas and have been thrilled with all it can do -- sometimes you do have to experiment with sizing and also with paper stock to see what cuts best on what thickness and format!     But it is a great little 'toy'!     Good luck with your decision!
'Beautiful memories tell our story, and wrap themselves in ribbons of the heart.' Flavia

sassy09

Cherry Blossom

I'm getting the wishblade(well i got one for xmas but thats a long story) because I was told being I can design on the computer I can use my designs with that but now I heard the cricut expression has some software that can use the computer too, I was also told it has a blade that can cut chipboard and that is what I really want to do. so now I'm all confused again... does anyone know which cuts chipboard and if its true about the cricut. That you can do what the wishblade does online with certain software???? someone help or I'm going to have to bug him for both. roflmbo..

Hugs
Sassy

Dance Like No One is Watching...

Don't forget to Kiss a Frog Today!

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

I have the wishblade and it will not cut chipboard.  You can use Illustrator to upload, smooth or create anything and it will cut it out. 
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

I had the small cricut and I just got the expression a couple of months ago and I love it. I also have the slice i love it too. Its great because its so small.
ImageImage 

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

you can cut chipboard on the cricut. They just came out with a deep cut blade that just replaces the current blade and you can cut chipboard or any other thicker material. It's way cool.
ImageImageImageImage

LoreenC

Cherry Garcia

The Slice is great for me! Love that it uses battery power !! I am going to be taking it in my RV with me!!  Just depends on what you want to do with the machine and where you will be using it! 
ImageImageImageImageImage

LuvUMore

Cherry Picker

I have an Expression and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It definately made making my mini albums for C-mas gifts SO much easier! I have also used it now with ALL of my kids on various school projects. They use my little bug too since I upgraded, but the expression does larger fonts (and smaller) than my baby bug can't do so sometimes they need me to whip some out for them!
I can't give my cricut enough kudos!!
August Goal 1/10 layouts 9/20 cards
Mini Album for Mom

ImageImageImageImage Image

naney1952

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I haven't been fortunate enough to get any of them yet but I think I'm leaning toward the Cricut cause i want to be able to cut chipboard. 
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

JulianaM

Cherry Bomb

I have the Silhouette and just love it!
But like any toy, I really should use it more often! 

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee