We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

SheilaD

Cherry Berry

I need Disney Christmas ideas
We are going to Disney for Christmas this year. It's a big deal for us and I want to do it justice but I don't know how to scrap it. Do I do a Disney album like the last time or do I make a Christmas album? I'm kinda looking for an alternative to regular books. I'd really like an idea of what I'm going to do before I start taking photos so I don't miss anything. I've been looking everywhere and just don't know what to do. Anyone have ideas?

TIA.

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Re: I need Disney Christmas ideas
 Sheila, if you've never been to Disney at Christmas, the decorations are AMAZING. Even better than usual. With your photog skills, I think you could take some cool closeups of the best of it, and do a mini of that. Maybe you could plan to "See" it through each of your family member's eyes...and highlight what they loved best?

Have a great time, by the way!

SheilaD

Cherry Berry

Laura, that's a really good idea. I should do a mini book of some of my crazy shots. I love the idea of stuff though others eyes. Maybe a mini book of each of them, too?

How about product ideas. Do I go Disney or Christmas?

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

I say go both.  I have done a Disney album in the past and I felt like using Disney products was a bit of overkill, but thats just my honest opinion.
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

We go to Disney all the time, I suggest both. Use Disney products and combine them with Christmas. 
  You are going to LOVE IT!!! They have so many decorations that you are going to be back with tons, tons of pictures.

HAVE FUN!!! I am so excited for you guys. Share your pics.
ImageDani

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

my son in law has worked at Disney for nearly 19 years now and he still gets excited over the decorations at Christmas.  So I agree an album of just what the park looks like at Christmas and then another of your family.

SheilaD

Cherry Berry

You guys are so right. I have to do a book of just the decorations. That helps a lot. I think I'll do mini books for each park and then a few layouts for the regular book using my favorite photos. I really want to make an effort to get family shots too. This has helped so much. Thank you!

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Id' do a combination of both depending on the pictures.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

First Be Prepared for Long Lines!!! I was just there on Saturday and it was already crazy! Hollywood Studios wasn't bad.. but Magic Kingdom was. Make sure you see both the Osbourne Specticle of Lights at Hollywood Studios.. it starts at dusk until 8pm. Then at Magic Kingdom, they 'light up' the castle at 6:30 pm. You can't miss these 2 things, they are AMAZING!!!! If you love listing to choirs sing Christmas music, then you have to go to Epcot!

As for Albums.. I made a Christmas album that includes everything we did. I used to work for Disney and now my mom does, so we have pictures every year during the holiday. So I make one album that is strictly Christmas. But it includes Everything we did.. not just the decorations and stuff. I mean I even included us going putt-putting and the restraunts we went to! Oh and You have to check out the new DINO restraunt at Downtown Disney Market Place.. its is BEYOND AWESOME!!!!!  They are open from 11am-till midnight! Go before 4pm.. b/c after that.. it gets crazy.. but well worth the wait! The menu is a little high in cost.. but the meals are big. We always split the dinners with each other.. esp the Bronto Burger I think its called!  

I have an awesome album I can get you, that they don't sell anymore at the park. Here's a photo of it! I didn't get all of it in the photo. But the tag says "Hey There, Hi There, Ho Ho Ho There!".. it looks like a gift wrapped on even on the back. Really cool album.

If you have any questions or confusion about the parks, you can call me. Just PM me and I'll give you my info!!! Want to make sure you enjoy your holiday to its fullest potential!!!
~ Carissa ~

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

Yes the Dino rest. is great. Lots of pictures there too. I am glad you are going to all the parks, there is a lot to see in each one.

We went for Thanksgiving weekend, they already have all the Christmas deco and is not as crowded as near Christmas.
ImageDani

Janshotgun

Cherry Cola

My daughter took the twins to the family only night at Disneyland in Anaheim.  One of the pics she got was of the twins in front of the lighted castle at night.  It looks so awesome!!  Another one of Lily kissing Tyler on the cheek in front of the castle.  They also got pics of them on the carousel with the lit castle in the background.  Very magical!
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

SheilaD

Cherry Berry

Carissa - that's so sweet of you! I'll shoot you a pm just so I know someone down there if we run in to problems.

We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort and bought the deluxe dining package. I know it's always crazy at Disney over Christmas, but I was surprised that we had no problem getting in to any restaurants when we wanted. I also just checked and there are still rooms available so I'm really hoping it's not as busy as usual. We are doing MK on Christmas eve and HS on Christmas. We aren't bent on lots of rides or anything. We are going to just get away and plan on spending some time at the resort.

We are doing downtown disney on the 26th. We already have dinner reservations, but we'll take a look at the dino place. Thanks for the tips!

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

Hey! Your staying at my old resort I used to work at! Very nice relaxing place to stay, esp for the price!

I'm glad to hear your not going on Christmas day to MK.. b/c so many people are dissapointed when they go expecting the Christmas Day parade that's on tv.. but that's pre-recorded right after Thanksgiving. BUT they do have an Awesome Holiday parade every day now till the new year at 3:00... it is So much fun and jolly and just really puts ya in the Christmas spirit! Then Santa comes down along with Mrs. Claus and take photos with everyone!! They sit up on the far left side by the front entrance near Guest Services. I just love this time of year and get so excited with everything going on!
~ Carissa ~

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

Oh and I forgot to tell you.. make sure you get a Photopass and use it the entire trip! There will be cast members in perfect "Kodak Moment" areas that will take your photos. They give you a card, you just keep handing it the people as you go and then you can look at them when you get back home then chose if you want to order any. Or if you don't like them.. you can still send the entire album to your friends and family for free. But with the Photo pass you can make cool things and order stuff that you can only get at Disney. You can check it out here... www.disneyphotopass.com. Sometimes they don't take best photos we might want.. but it give you better Family shots that you might otherwise miss out on!
~ Carissa ~

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Yes, the Disney Photo pass is a must.  I have two friends that did that this year.  They ended up buying the CD instead of ordering pictures. By the time she selected the pictures she wanted, she was spending about the same as the cost of all the pictures on the CD.   With the CD, you can do all sorts of mods to the pictures like adding a frame.  You get the rights to the pictures and print as many as you want.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee