Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

ScrappyK

Cherry Blossom

Teacher Gifts
 I'm looking for some ideas for teachers gifts. Anyone have any suggestions? TIA : )

Renee

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Teacher Gifts
 In the past I have heard a lot of people say gift cards are the way to go. Were you trying to come up with something to make?

snowhitequeen

Cherry Berry

I was going to suggest a GC too. If you're looking for something to make... we did a cool make & take at my lss. I'd be happy to take a pic for you to see and tell you how it was done.
Shannon

ScrappyK

Cherry Blossom

Yes, I am looking for something to make. A couple years ago I did an altered clipboard but I don't think I want to go that route this year. I was kinda thinking about the altered cans that hold the pens with the flowers on the top? I was just looking for a variety of ideas.

ScrappyK

Cherry Blossom

Shannon -- I would love to see the make and take you did. Thanks for offering to share it with me. : ) I need to haul booty on this, as the kids only have a few weeks left of school. Prcrastination station here. : )

Renee

Chocolate Covered Cherry

You'll have to share whatever you decide to do! :-D

I think the paint can sounds like a super idea...good luck!

ScrappyK

Cherry Blossom

I will be sure to share!

Do you happen to know what they put inside to hold the pens in place? Hmmm I think I will have to search for some directions. lol

campangel

Cherry Berry

The last couple years I have made a breakfast tray of muffins and breads and brought it to school.I thought at the end of the year the teachers are so busy that they would enjoy a little home made goodies.
Lu-Ann Lover of LadybugsImage

Ripley

Cherry Bing

I just made "dry erase calendar boards" for the two teachers I student taught with.

Super simple!!

Buy a photo frame, any size; but bigger gives more room to write.

Make a calendar using paper from your stash and label the top the days of the week.  I used colored cardstock and applied rub ons to decorate them. 

Once you have your "page" made, insert it into your frame. 

Throw in a small dry erase marker and you're set.  The receiver can write on the glass and have their own reusable calendar.. 

I didn't take a picture, but I can throw one together real quick to show you..

ETA I got this idea out of a scrapbook magazine, I just can't remember which one..
Life is like a rainbow. You need both the sun and the
rain to make it's colors appear.
-Unknown

ScrappyK

Cherry Blossom

Great ideas, Ladies!

Thanks so much!

snowhitequeen

Cherry Berry

Off to take pics now ;)
Shannon

ScrappyK

Cherry Blossom

Can't wait to see. Thanks, Shannon!

Ripley

Cherry Bing

Kristy, I would think you could use floral squares to hold the pens in place.  I think they make round ones too.  Or even foam would work..

Julia
Life is like a rainbow. You need both the sun and the
rain to make it's colors appear.
-Unknown

ajsmom

Sweet Cherry Pie

Here are my gifts for the teachers this year.  Started out with this recipe box I got from M's for $1 (in the dollar bin section)  I cut off the top.

Then I altered them. 

and made 10 matching thank you cards that I put in the box with envelopes. 

ScrappyK

Cherry Blossom

Sue -- Thanks for sharing those. Those are super cute!!! And, they look so simple. So many great ideas I've gotten.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee