When you buy paper

Moderator: ACOT Employee

gold1574
Cherry Tart

When you buy paper

Post by gold1574 »

Hi Ladies!!
I was organizing my patterned paper and began wondering how many sheets of same pattern do other scrappers usually buy. I tend to buy in increments of two but find I am buying single sheets as of late.

So... when you buy patterned paper how many sheets do you buy ?

Thanks for sharing!!
Amy
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Re: When you buy paper

Post by ScrapGoo »

Usually just one for me... but I almost never do 2 page LOs and if I bought more than that I think I would never get through my stash!
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

When I first started I always bought two, in case I messed up. Now I only buy one and if I mess up, I take it as a challenge to myself to work around it. lol

only exception is if it is a double-sided paper and I love both sides...then I get two.
SUS ImageImageImage
Pookeybear
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 137

Post by Pookeybear »

_fck_first_run
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

oh and WELCOME to the board!!
SUS ImageImageImage
Smiley-Scrap8
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 889

Post by Smiley-Scrap8 »

I usually buy 2 because I like to do 2 page layouts. Some time I only get one if I know that pattern is just going to be used as an accent.
Ronny
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1747

Post by beachlover »

I almost always buy 2 at a time.  Sometimes if they are two sided, I will want to cut them and flip them over so both sides show on a page.  Also, once my mother sees a page I've done, she says, 'oh, I love that paper', so I give her the other sheet :-D
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

snowhitequeen
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 8

Post by snowhitequeen »

I only buy two if I can't live without using both sides of a double sided piece. =)

Welcome to the boards!
Shannon
lizziej
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 81

Post by lizziej »

I usually buy just one unless I know that I'm going to make a 2-page or more LO.  Then I buy for as many pages as I want to make.  If I really  LOVE the paper, then I'll buy two - one to use and one to keep, just in case.  LOL
Liz - HOOK 'EM HORNS!!
The only good addict is an alpha addict!
mkcdaisy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 616

Post by mkcdaisy »

i usually get 2 unless I know I will only need one.  If there is a pattern on the back that I will use with the paper I am buying for I will get 3 so that I have 1 for the back pattern.
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 202

Post by DaisyLou »

Usually just one, but if I really like it sometimes 2. :)
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

Huh.  I must be a paper hoarder...I hardly ever buy single sheets!  I LOVE stacks.  Cuz then I get several sheets of each.  But I have 3 girls...and tend to do a lot of matching or coordinating pages plus I like to have extra to do cards or altering projects...

But...if I DO buy "ala carte", I tend to buy just 1.  Go figure.
CatwoMN
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 9

Post by CatwoMN »

Hello and welcome!
For me it depends what I'm going to use it for and whether it will be a single or double layout (I plan lots of doubles and then do more singles :-D) When I started scrapping, I always bought 2 but now that I buy a lot of the "specialty" paper that can cost over a dollar a sheet I will buy only one sheet or I'll buy a couple different ones that can be coordinated in case I want to do a double layout.
{linda}
>>^..^<<
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

[quote="CatwoMN"] Hello and welcome!
For me it depends what I'm going to use it for and whether it will be a single or double layout (I plan lots of doubles and then do more singles :-D) When I started scrapping, I always bought 2 but now that I buy a lot of the "specialty" paper that can cost over a dollar a sheet I will buy only one sheet or I'll buy a couple different ones that can be coordinated in case I want to do a double layout.[/quote]

I'm exactly like this...the only time I buy more than one anymore, is if they have one of those cute edges that I'm such a sucka for! I'll use those papers over and over again!!!
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

I usually only buy one.  Sometimes two if there's not another one that co-ordinates with it or if it's double sided, or if I think I can get that much use out of it.
Henu_Nea
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 127

Post by Henu_Nea »

I fI find something that I really like, I'll buy 2 or 4 sheets of it. But like you, lately I've just been buying singles.
ImageImage
Image Image
ElsieB
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 561

Post by ElsieB »

Just one now.  That's actually a resolution I made a few months ago because I used to automatically buy two of everything and it only led to a whole lot of leftover paper!  Now I only buy one sheet unless I absolutely know I'm going to be doing a two page layout with a certain design.
Elsie

emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Post by emarie803 »

I usually buy 2 cuz I do a lot of 2 page LOs. If I know that it's going on a 1 pager, then I only buy 1!
SusieKing
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 51

Post by SusieKing »

anymore i usually buy just one.  i use bits of different patterns, usually, when i scrap.  so i can get a few pages out of one sheet, kwim?  but if it's double sided...or one i am afraid i can't live without, then i buy two.  but it's rare.
Susie King
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 785

Post by lilkoala3 »

Just one of each sheet!
Leslie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”