Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, June 25th
Monroe1218 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:04 pm
No scrapping today but more pictures and memory making!  Today is our last day in New Orleans - tomorrow morning we pack up and head to Atlanta til Friday.  We are going to the Brandi Carlile concert Thursday night.  I think we are going to try and take Grayson to World of Coke and maybe a couple of other things in Atlanta while we are there.  As much fun as this has been - I'll be happy to be home Friday evening.  I'm a huge homebody - home is my FAVORITE place!

I've already got a list of things I need to get done on Friday/Saturday so I can spend some time scrapping on Sunday!  And this coming week at work is a short week because of July 4th!  So I only work 3 days!!  Lots of scrapping ahead I hope!  And I can't wait to see the new July challenges coming up!

Sounds like you're having fun!  The World of Coke would be a fun place to go.  I remember reading a book about what happened when they changed Coke to the "new" Coke!  It was INSANE!  That's how they ended up with the Classic Coke because nobody liked the "new" Coke!  :) 

I'm a homebody too.  I miss being home but I know we're supposed to be here for now.  We're both really hoping Steve's appointment goes well on July 1st so we can enjoy the visit with my daughter and grandsons and then we can leave for home on July 9!!!!! 

Hope you get LOTS of scrappy time when you get home!!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:46 pm
GinniG wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:55 am
VickiR wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:29 am
Another hot one today at 90 degrees but thankfully, no humidity.  We had about 10 drops of rain but seriously need  more.  Today I had a noon dentist appointment and then a few stops to make on the way home.  I hope to finish up a LO that I am working on.  I am really trying to finish the bi-monthly challenge and have 6 more to go.  Frustrating to get that close and not know if I will have time to finish it.  Have a good day DCs!

Hope you can get your layout finished in time Vicki! And hope you get some rain soon too!  
Thanks, Ginni.  I was able to get it finished, but still have too many others.  We'll see if I get all of the prompts done.

Hope you can get them all done without being rushed Vicki!!!

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Monroe1218 wrote:
No scrapping today but more pictures and memory making!  Today is our last day in New Orleans - tomorrow morning we pack up and head to Atlanta til Friday.  We are going to the Brandi Carlile concert Thursday night.  I think we are going to try and take Grayson to World of Coke and maybe a couple of other things in Atlanta while we are there.  As much fun as this has been - I'll be happy to be home Friday evening.  I'm a huge homebody - home is my FAVORITE place!

I've already got a list of things I need to get done on Friday/Saturday so I can spend some time scrapping on Sunday!  And this coming week at work is a short week because of July 4th!  So I only work 3 days!!  Lots of scrapping ahead I hope!  And I can't wait to see the new July challenges coming up!

I am glad you are having such a great time! And I totally get it, as I am a huge homebody too! And home is my favorite place!

ImageImage Image Image  

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:39 am
Say some prayers for me, DC's. ;)  My SIL and BIL arrive this afternoon.  I haven't been so stressed about it as I usually am, so I am hoping it is a peaceful time we can spend with them.  I am happier that they come in the summer when I am off, since previously SIL has not understood that showing up during busy times of the school year or on short, school breaks like Thanksgiving are really stressful for me.  If they would stay in an Air B & B or something, it would be even less stressful, but I got the guest room cleaned and the house is pretty clean, too. (I know she will find things that aren't to her liking, but "it is what it is." lol)

I think she's related to my son's MIL!! She's exactly like what you picture in the stereotypical MIL. Thankfully I never have to entertain her as THE hostess. DIL handles her mother when she's around. Yes Laura, the one who majored in art and stinks at it.

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Monroe1218 wrote:

I would love to visit New Orleans.  Our oldest daughter and her husband have been there a few times and enjoyed it.  They are currently in Atlanta with their son who is competing today through Friday at the Skills USA Leadership Competition at the Savannah Arena.  He is representing the state of Maryland in the nationals.  We visited the World of Coke years ago when DH was there on business.  Also the CNN tower, but that is no longer there.  Olympic Park is pretty cool too.  Have a fun time and safe travels!

ImageImage

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

sherelm wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:21 am
Art_Teacher wrote:
Say some prayers for me, DC's. ;)  My SIL and BIL arrive this afternoon.  I haven't been so stressed about it as I usually am, so I am hoping it is a peaceful time we can spend with them.  I am happier that they come in the summer when I am off, since previously SIL has not understood that showing up during busy times of the school year or on short, school breaks like Thanksgiving are really stressful for me.  If they would stay in an Air B & B or something, it would be even less stressful, but I got the guest room cleaned and the house is pretty clean, too. (I know she will find things that aren't to her liking, but "it is what it is." lol)

I think she's related to my son's MIL!! She's exactly like what you picture in the stereotypical MIL. Thankfully I never have to entertain her as THE hostess. DIL handles her mother when she's around. Yes Laura, the one who majored in art and stinks at it.  

LOL...My MIL was a saint!  MIss her every day.  I often say my SIL is the MIL I never had.  smh
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

GinniG wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:21 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:15 pm
GinniG wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:00 pm

Aren’t to her liking?! I’m sorry Laura but what does she expect you to do? Change everything to suit her? 🤪🤪🤪 She sounds like my late MIL. Just take deep breaths, clench your teeth and nod and smile. You might even get bold enough to say that you or your DH happen to like it the way it is. {{{HUGS}}} and prayers!!! 💝🙏💝🙏💝🙏   

Oh, I have said that before. LOL  One time she commented that our basement game room smelled very "doggy."  I told her Paisley lived there... ;)  And to answer your question, yes, she does expect us to do everything the way she would do it.  😏  

OMG!  I think I'd just have to tell her if she doesn't like it she can leave!  But then I'm not that bold.  LOL!  Hopefully she won't be TOO bad and you won't be TOO stressed...  {{{HUGS}}} 
She is DH's only living, immediate family. Dad died when he was 19 and Mom passed from cancer when he was 37. We don't have kids and neither does SIL (didn't get married until 48...wonder why?!)  I just grit my teeth and bear it, and sometimes complain to DH.  But, he gets mad at me, because he is working this week, (always does when they are here ;) ), so they don't get on his nerves as much.  They have been better last year and this year about planning things for themselves to do, so I get some breaks here and there...like this morning.  They are meeting a friend of hers for lunch, so I will have my house to myself, again.

Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:20 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:57 am
Hey Cherries 😊
I was just feeling a little blah yesterday. (Women stuff! 🙄) I LITERALLY just hung out laying around all day, reading on the couch, then in bed.
I made Omer watch one of my fave zombie movies last night - Dawn of the Dead (2004). Then we watched a few episodes of The Tudors.
I'm probably gonna get scrappy today. I haven't worked on anything else since I finished those layouts last week.
I'm gonna have my coffee now and do my Bible study. Stay blessed, DCs! 😊

Ugghh...darn women stuff!  That is probably the only benefit I have seen to menopause. lol

Lol yesss my BFF and I keep telling each other that we're one day closer! 😂

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:18 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:52 am
Art_Teacher wrote:

Awwwww Laura! I hope your SIL doesn't knit-pick too much! It's beyond my understanding that SHE doesn't understand how BUSY you are during the school year! 😜 (Even on "breaks"!) LOL my SIL would freak out if she saw my house! It is what it is, too! 😂 😂 😂
Praying all goes well! 🤞🏻
LOL...I don't get it, either.  My dear departed mother-in-law (her Mom) was a teacher, too.  It's like she was oblivious to anything during the school year.

SMH I'm praying!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Monroe1218 wrote:

Nice! Enjoy the concert!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:20 pm
Just got back from PT. Did my walk around the block and now icing. My knee just isn’t bending the way it should. They figure I healed super fast and put down scar tissue that isn’t allowing me to bend it properly. May be getting a trip back to the OR to manipulate it. Lucky me!! Regretting every day the decision I made to try and fix my knee.
DH took off to the dentist once he dropped me at home. When he gets back we are off to the grocery store.

Looking nice out and we are to reach around 78* today. Pretty nice summer day. Hoping we can go camping with DD and her crew next week.

Awwwwwww Leslee, I hope your knee gets better soon!!! Praying for you!

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It’s just after 11 here. We had to be up before 8 because the bug man was coming. So we went to Dunkin’ Donuts and then to Walmart. We were going to go to Hobby Lobby and Michaels but I got way too hot and had to come back to the house. I’m really not used to the heat and humidity anymore! Lol! I got a nice lightweight sleeveless blouse that I can wear with shorts or pants. And some clips to put my hair up instead of just a ponytail. Those should help I hope!!!

I need to make a phone call (boo his for adulting! Lol!) and then I may take a nap. At least Steve got some exercise too! He’s walking a little bit faster now! Only 6 days till he sees the doctor and only 7 till I see my daughter and grandsons and brother!!!! 🥰🥰🥰

Have a wonderful day Cherries!!!!

I thought about you two in this heat and hoped y'all were doing well with it!!! It's probably a little shock to your system - and it's NOT even the biggest yet! 😲
I'm glad you're finding some ways to stay a little cooler! (Pulling my hair up DEFINITELY helps a bit!)
I'm glad Steve's getting better and better, too!!! ☺️

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:02 am
GinniG wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:21 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:

Oh, I have said that before. LOL  One time she commented that our basement game room smelled very "doggy."  I told her Paisley lived there... ;)  And to answer your question, yes, she does expect us to do everything the way she would do it.  😏  

OMG!  I think I'd just have to tell her if she doesn't like it she can leave!  But then I'm not that bold.  LOL!  Hopefully she won't be TOO bad and you won't be TOO stressed...  {{{HUGS}}} 
She is DH's only living, immediate family. Dad died when he was 19 and Mom passed from cancer when he was 37. We don't have kids and neither does SIL (didn't get married until 48...wonder why?!)  I just grit my teeth and bear it, and sometimes complain to DH.  But, he gets mad at me, because he is working this week, (always does when they are here ;) ), so they don't get on his nerves as much.  They have been better last year and this year about planning things for themselves to do, so I get some breaks here and there...like this morning.  They are meeting a friend of hers for lunch, so I will have my house to myself, again.

That’s sad that she’s the only one left. I’m glad they’re giving you breaks! Hang in there!!! 💝🍒💝🍒💝🙏

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:25 am
GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It’s just after 11 here. We had to be up before 8 because the bug man was coming. So we went to Dunkin’ Donuts and then to Walmart. We were going to go to Hobby Lobby and Michaels but I got way too hot and had to come back to the house. I’m really not used to the heat and humidity anymore! Lol! I got a nice lightweight sleeveless blouse that I can wear with shorts or pants. And some clips to put my hair up instead of just a ponytail. Those should help I hope!!!

I need to make a phone call (boo his for adulting! Lol!) and then I may take a nap. At least Steve got some exercise too! He’s walking a little bit faster now! Only 6 days till he sees the doctor and only 7 till I see my daughter and grandsons and brother!!!! 🥰🥰🥰

Have a wonderful day Cherries!!!!

I thought about you two in this heat and hoped y'all were doing well with it!!! It's probably a little shock to your system - and it's NOT even the biggest yet! 😲
I'm glad you're finding some ways to stay a little cooler! (Pulling my hair up DEFINITELY helps a bit!)
I'm glad Steve's getting better and better, too!!! ☺️

Yes the heat has been a big shock! Lolol! We went from 40s-50s to high 80s with high humidity!!! Lolol!!! We forgot how miserable it gets!!!

We’re still planning to get together with you! Need to make sure Robin doesn’t need the SUV. I’ll let you know!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee