Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2337

Re: Scrap a Day, June 16th

Post by Art_Teacher »

emmapaige wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:15 pm
I went to a crop yesterday and finished two layouts and almost finished two more but I didn't have the stuff I needed to finish them. They'll need to be done tomorrow. These are the two I finished:

ImageImage
Love both of these, Chris!

Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:45 pm
Did this for the My Mood Challenge

Adorable!  Love the colors and the design!
Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

GinniG wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:35 pm
Hi Cherries!!!! 🍒🍒🍒

I tried a few times over the weekend to check in but for some reason I couldn’t make the message board come up. Didn’t have the computer with me so I couldn’t share about our weekend. Seems to be working fine tonight though.

We had a good weekend. It was HOT HOT HOT though! We drove about 3 hours to Steve’s cousin’s house. Greg and Val are the SWEETEST people! We really enjoyed them! Saturday we had a big country breakfast and drove to Greg’s sister’s lake house. I’ve never met any of that family before so it was fun to go meet most of them at once! Two kids were graduating from high school and 2 others from college. So it was a big party for all 4 of them. There was a nice breeze and Steve and I sat in the shade most of the day but it was really hot!

Later on the way home an amazing thing happened. Steve’s talked about his Uncle John’s house for the entire 34 years I’ve known him and how cool it was. It was the house Greg and his sister had grown up in. We drove by to see it and we’re outside in the car taking pictures and the owners pulled into the driveway! Greg was so excited! He pulled into the driveway behind them and told them he’d grown up there and was talking away and they invited us in!!! It was really a neat house with a sunken living room and all kinds of really cool features. I was able to get some pictures with their permission and we had so much fun seeing what hadn’t changed and hearing about what these owners had done, etc. Apparently there’s only been one other owner in between so there were lots of things that were still the same! What a treat it was for all of us! I’ll have fun scrapping those pictures!!!

Today we went to church with Val and Greg and it was fun. Then we met cousins from Steve’s mom’s side of the family for lunch at Cracker Barrel. That was fun too. We’d stopped on our way to Alaska in 2016 and had lunch with them and another cousin who passed later that year. The older cousin has had 2 strokes and pneumonia already this year and she’s having a-fib issues now that they’re having trouble controlling. So we really wanted to make the effort to see them. We’re really glad we did!

After that we headed back to Steve’s brother’s house. The car said it was 97 degrees outside and the air conditioner just couldn’t keep up and we Alaskans were roasting! Lolol! So we were very happy when we ran into a rain shower shortly after getting free of the traffic jam! It cooled down to a whopping 84! 🤣🤣🤣

So that was our weekend. There was some drama about our geese and we still aren’t sure exactly what’s happening. All we know is that we have 4 babies that a neighbor will be taking to our farmer friend tomorrow so he can keep them safe for us. We know one was dead on the side of the road :( but we don’t know where the other baby, Mama and Yoda are. People have searched for them but haven’t seen them. We suspect eagles may have gotten them or just as likely someone took them for food. We have no idea. We’re sad but at least we can save the 4 IF our neighbors can get them rounded up and into the dog crate. Hopefully the goldfish crackers and lettuce will help! They’ve been able to get them into the coop once or twice so keeping our fingers crossed. Just really sad.

We were supposed to have people at the cabin off and on while we’ve been gone and so far that hasn’t happened at all. So we’re hoping the one that said they’d go on Tuesday will follow through. Nothing we can do about any of it so we’re quite grateful for good neighbors!!!!!

And that’s been our weekend! Busy busy! Tomorrow I’m hoping to find a post office and get my card exchange card in the mail. I’m also hoping maybe I can find the Michael’s and Hobby Lobby. They’re here somewhere! Might have to wait till after Steve’s surgery. That’s Wednesday. Tuesday he has to do the prep. Another busy week in a way. He’s anxious to get it over.

Anyway, sorry for the book! Will check back in tomorrow! Have a wonderful Sunday night dear Cherries!!!!

The website was down some yesterday.  I think Brandon got it all fixed up, though.  Yes, it is going to be hot here in Ohio all week, too.  90’s is not normal for mid-June!  I’m so sorry about your geese…hope the neighbors can get the babies in!  Still keeping Steve in my prayers for an uneventful surgery this week.  I hope you get to the scrappy stores tomorrow!
Laura
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 743

Post by sherelm »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:19 am
sherelm wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:54 am
Many well wishes to your family on a hard day for you. My dad died the week of Father's day 21 years ago. I still miss him like yesterday.

Hugs Sher

Oh thanks so much Brandy.
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 743

Post by sherelm »

GinniG wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:04 pm
sherelm wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:54 am
Many well wishes to your family on a hard day for you. My dad died the week of Father's day 21 years ago. I still miss him like yesterday.

{{{HUGS}}} Sherel!!!

Thank you. He loved to watch me scrapbook.
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:17 pm
Did this for the title challenge. Used up the Bo Bunny package of the green blossoms I've had in my stash FOREVER. MME gold brads. Old washi tape. The thicker one was my first ever roll. LOL.

This will probably be it for me for the day. We ate breakfast at 9am and it's 4:15 here and we're both pretty hungry. Chicken has about 20 more minutes in the crock pot. Once that's done, just toast the buns and pull the sides out of the fridge. We'll be eating early today!
Beautiful card Brandy! Love all the gold!

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

GinniG wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:01 pm
pawprints wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:25 am
Hey Cherries. Slept in today and my head is swirling from all kinds of crazy dreams. Missing my DH so much but I know a piece of him is in each of my children. We will be getting together today at the cemetery and then going to dinner together. My own dad will be gone 10 years this year. It’s so hard to believe. Missing him today too.

Hope you all have a wonderful Father’s Day with your dads, your DH’s, and your children. ((Hugs)) to those of you whose loved one is no longer with you to celebrate today.

{{{HUGS}}} Barb! I’m glad you’ll be with family today. My dad’s been gone since 2016. It’s so hard! I was dreaming about him too. 

((Hugs)) Ginni.

Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!!! 🍒🍒🍒

I tried a few times over the weekend to check in but for some reason I couldn’t make the message board come up. Didn’t have the computer with me so I couldn’t share about our weekend. Seems to be working fine tonight though.

We had a good weekend. It was HOT HOT HOT though! We drove about 3 hours to Steve’s cousin’s house. Greg and Val are the SWEETEST people! We really enjoyed them! Saturday we had a big country breakfast and drove to Greg’s sister’s lake house. I’ve never met any of that family before so it was fun to go meet most of them at once! Two kids were graduating from high school and 2 others from college. So it was a big party for all 4 of them. There was a nice breeze and Steve and I sat in the shade most of the day but it was really hot!

Later on the way home an amazing thing happened. Steve’s talked about his Uncle John’s house for the entire 34 years I’ve known him and how cool it was. It was the house Greg and his sister had grown up in. We drove by to see it and we’re outside in the car taking pictures and the owners pulled into the driveway! Greg was so excited! He pulled into the driveway behind them and told them he’d grown up there and was talking away and they invited us in!!! It was really a neat house with a sunken living room and all kinds of really cool features. I was able to get some pictures with their permission and we had so much fun seeing what hadn’t changed and hearing about what these owners had done, etc. Apparently there’s only been one other owner in between so there were lots of things that were still the same! What a treat it was for all of us! I’ll have fun scrapping those pictures!!!

Today we went to church with Val and Greg and it was fun. Then we met cousins from Steve’s mom’s side of the family for lunch at Cracker Barrel. That was fun too. We’d stopped on our way to Alaska in 2016 and had lunch with them and another cousin who passed later that year. The older cousin has had 2 strokes and pneumonia already this year and she’s having a-fib issues now that they’re having trouble controlling. So we really wanted to make the effort to see them. We’re really glad we did!

After that we headed back to Steve’s brother’s house. The car said it was 97 degrees outside and the air conditioner just couldn’t keep up and we Alaskans were roasting! Lolol! So we were very happy when we ran into a rain shower shortly after getting free of the traffic jam! It cooled down to a whopping 84! 🤣🤣🤣

So that was our weekend. There was some drama about our geese and we still aren’t sure exactly what’s happening. All we know is that we have 4 babies that a neighbor will be taking to our farmer friend tomorrow so he can keep them safe for us. We know one was dead on the side of the road :( but we don’t know where the other baby, Mama and Yoda are. People have searched for them but haven’t seen them. We suspect eagles may have gotten them or just as likely someone took them for food. We have no idea. We’re sad but at least we can save the 4 IF our neighbors can get them rounded up and into the dog crate. Hopefully the goldfish crackers and lettuce will help! They’ve been able to get them into the coop once or twice so keeping our fingers crossed. Just really sad.

We were supposed to have people at the cabin off and on while we’ve been gone and so far that hasn’t happened at all. So we’re hoping the one that said they’d go on Tuesday will follow through. Nothing we can do about any of it so we’re quite grateful for good neighbors!!!!!

And that’s been our weekend! Busy busy! Tomorrow I’m hoping to find a post office and get my card exchange card in the mail. I’m also hoping maybe I can find the Michael’s and Hobby Lobby. They’re here somewhere! Might have to wait till after Steve’s surgery. That’s Wednesday. Tuesday he has to do the prep. Another busy week in a way. He’s anxious to get it over.

Anyway, sorry for the book! Will check back in tomorrow! Have a wonderful Sunday night dear Cherries!!!!
Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:16 pm
pawprints wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:25 am
Hey Cherries. Slept in today and my head is swirling from all kinds of crazy dreams. Missing my DH so much but I know a piece of him is in each of my children. We will be getting together today at the cemetery and then going to dinner together. My own dad will be gone 10 years this year. It’s so hard to believe. Missing him today too.

Hope you all have a wonderful Father’s Day with your dads, your DH’s, and your children. ((Hugs)) to those of you whose loved one is no longer with you to celebrate today.

Barb,
I know this day is so hard for so many.  I miss my wonderful grandparents so much and I am blessed to still have my own Dad.  I posted and shared some wonderful songs from the country singer Luke Combs.  He has a wonderful album out this weekend for Father's Day, but nearly every song is a tearjerker.  Sometimes we just need to miss people and have a little cry, though.  Hugs to you! 
Thank you Laura.

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!!! 🍒🍒🍒

So sorry about your geese Ginni. ((Hugs)) And sorry no one is at the cabin at all for you both. It is so great that you are getting to see so much family while you are there. Prayers that all goes well for Steve on Wednesday.

Image Image Image

GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 472

Post by GinniG »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:52 pm
GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!!! 🍒🍒🍒

The website was down some yesterday.  I think Brandon got it all fixed up, though.  Yes, it is going to be hot here in Ohio all week, too.  90’s is not normal for mid-June!  I’m so sorry about your geese…hope the neighbors can get the babies in!  Still keeping Steve in my prayers for an uneventful surgery this week.  I hope you get to the scrappy stores tomorrow!

Thanks so much Laura! The goslings have been gathered and the farmer who’s got our chickens is going to keep the geese too.
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 472

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:20 pm
GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!!! 🍒🍒🍒

So sorry about your geese Ginni. ((Hugs)) And sorry no one is at the cabin at all for you both. It is so great that you are getting to see so much family while you are there. Prayers that all goes well for Steve on Wednesday.

Thanks Barb! We’re pretty disappointed in the ones that haven’t followed through. Hopefully the one who said they might make it tomorrow will be there. We will see. And a neighbor has rounded up the goslings and took them to our farmer friend today. He’s going to keep them with our chickens until we get back. At least they should be safe! I have lots of pictures to scrap already and I’ll have a LOT more when we get together with my DD and her family!!!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”