Moderator: ACOT Employee

GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 501

Re: Scrap a Day, August 24th

Post by GinniG »

MTCanuk wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:18 pm
Everyone sounds busy today. Glad the teachers are surviving being back at work. So, thankful for you and your dedication.

As most mornings, a quiet one here. Made breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen. Pulled sheets off the bed. And headed to the grocery store for a few things. Need to take the tomatoes I canned earlier in the week downstairs and store them for the winter.

Then my day will be free.

Happy Saturday! Enjoy!

Your day sounds pretty relaxed Leslee! Enjoy!!!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1063

Post by pawprints »

GinniG wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:15 pm
pawprints wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:57 am
Hey Cherries. Lazy Saturday morning. I hope to do some things around the house once I get moving. I need to get back in my garage. Although I had cleaned most of it the roofing job made a mess and although the roofers cleaned it up I need to get the vacuum in there as everything got coated. I never did do it and then it just got too humid to work in there. So I hope to get to it today. I have a layout on my screen that I worked on a lot yesterday. It’s involved and taking time but I finally got in the mood and am having fun with it and I am hoping to finish it today. We’ll see how it goes.

Have a great day Cherries.

I hope you can get your cleaning done in time to play with your layout! Glad your mojo is back too. Thanks so much for sharing your invitations! They’re gorgeous!!!! 
Thank you Ginni!

ImageImage Image Image  

GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

VickiR wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:09 pm
Gorgeous day here today!  Our high is 82 but you can feel the humidity starting to pick up again.  High 80's and low 90's for the next 10 days with humidity again.  The last of the summer heat I hope.  I'm ready for fall and plan to change out my decor this week.  Working on a bunch of DT projects and the September Cherry Lift.

Vicki, I saw that Katie is leaving 49 and Market! I also saw that she’s going to be doing something on her own and that you’d need a wide format printer to get her designs in the future… Do you know anything about this?

Have fun working on your Cherry Lift and your DT projects!!!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

Hi Cherries!

We got a bit of rain again yesterday. And it’s supposed to rain hard tomorrow. That would be awesome!!! We need it so badly!

We went to dinner last night. The place we wanted to go is part of a fishing lodge. They’re totally booked with guests so there were no spots for us locals. :( So we went to our normal place that we like. They do DELICIOUS prime rib every Friday night so I had that and Steve had a steak. It was all very good! But the best part was the people we knew that were there. The cook, one of the waitresses and a neighbor that we bought our chicken Raven from. They were all wishing us a happy anniversary and even people we didn’t know were too. We would never have gotten that at the other place. So it was really nice. After we got home Steve was watching his YouTube and I finished a layout.

Today is windy and cloudy. We’ve had to turn the heat back on and pull out sweaters again!!! There are some indications of an early winter. I hope they’re wrong! I need to make sure we’re as prepared as possible!

We were going to can the deer meat today and add some bouillon, carrots and onions. Bu Steve isn’t feeling well this morning so we’ll probably do that tomorrow. Meanwhile I’m going to scrap since it won’t bother him much. :) Any excuse right?!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1063

Post by pawprints »

GinniG wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:46 pm
Hi Cherries!

We got a bit of rain again yesterday. And it’s supposed to rain hard tomorrow. That would be awesome!!! We need it so badly!

We went to dinner last night. The place we wanted to go is part of a fishing lodge. They’re totally booked with guests so there were no spots for us locals. :( So we went to our normal place that we like. They do DELICIOUS prime rib every Friday night so I had that and Steve had a steak. It was all very good! But the best part was the people we knew that were there. The cook, one of the waitresses and a neighbor that we bought our chicken Raven from. They were all wishing us a happy anniversary and even people we didn’t know were too. We would never have gotten that at the other place. So it was really nice. After we got home Steve was watching his YouTube and I finished a layout.

Today is windy and cloudy. We’ve had to turn the heat back on and pull out sweaters again!!! There are some indications of an early winter. I hope they’re wrong! I need to make sure we’re as prepared as possible!

We were going to can the deer meat today and add some bouillon, carrots and onions. Bu Steve isn’t feeling well this morning so we’ll probably do that tomorrow. Meanwhile I’m going to scrap since it won’t bother him much. :) Any excuse right?
I'm so glad you had such a wonderful anniversary dinner! I hope Steve starts feeling better as the day goes on.

ImageImage Image Image  

VickiR
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1444

Post by VickiR »

GinniG wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:33 pm
VickiR wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:09 pm
Gorgeous day here today!  Our high is 82 but you can feel the humidity starting to pick up again.  High 80's and low 90's for the next 10 days with humidity again.  The last of the summer heat I hope.  I'm ready for fall and plan to change out my decor this week.  Working on a bunch of DT projects and the September Cherry Lift.

Vicki, I saw that Katie is leaving 49 and Market! I also saw that she’s going to be doing something on her own and that you’d need a wide format printer to get her designs in the future… Do you know anything about this?

Have fun working on your Cherry Lift and your DT projects!!! 
😏

ImageImage
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2389

Post by Art_Teacher »

aheatfan wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:00 pm
Good morning Cherries. I slept in way late this morning, 9:45, which is very late for me.  I forgot just how exhausting the first real week of kindergarten is. I think God makes it that way so you will keep coming back, lol.  I had lots of littles crying yesterday morning, I think they were just wiped out too.  They were quite sad to hear that there is no nap time in kindergarten.  We are off to a great start though and my high babies will begin the process of reading on Monday with me. I have NEVER had that this early in the year.  I have only done on August challenge (also unlike me) but plan to remedy that this weekend.  it's too hot here to do anything outside so laundry and scrapping it is.  Have a great Saturday everyone  😊

The first week of real school is exhausting for all the teachers and kids!  We start with kids on Monday and this is the first time in my 32 years of teaching that we are starting on Monday for a full week.  Talk about cruel and unusual!  Our kids will not know what to do by Friday, because they really are used to starting on a Wednesday, but since we had to have 4 teacher workdays…. lol  I hope you get to enjoy your scrappy time this weekend!
Laura
 Image    Image      Image   
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2389

Post by Art_Teacher »

VickiR wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:52 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:12 am
Made it through my teacher work week, and was able to leave school around 4:00 each day (since we had 2 extra days to get ready and just a few meetings, thankfully!).  I got everything done to be ready for the kids on Monday, and we are already going to be on a 2-hour early release, because it is supposed to be over 90 next Monday.  smh  First day and already sending them home.  lol

Here is my layout for the BF Sketch 390.  Love my kitty and she loves her patio! :)

Sounds like you're ready for the new school year!  Probably more so than your students.  LOL!  We are into the 90's this week too.  I'm so over it.  Love your kitty LO.

Thank you! This has been such a hot summer. I’m ready for Fall, for sure! :)

Laura
 Image    Image      Image   

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”