Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, August 17th
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:21 am
Hey Cherries 😊
Beautiful Saturday here! I'm watching a movie called Miracles From Heaven. It's touching on my heart strings lol!
I'm off work again today and plan on watching some scrappy videos later and playing with my stash!
Stay blessed, DCs! ☺️

Holly, yay for a day off!!! Movies like that always make me cry. Lol! I tend to avoid them. Lolol!!! Have fun playing!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

suewho372 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:28 am
Hi Cherries- what a week- sheesh…
Not sure if I will get to scrap. I’m cleaning and of course doing laundry. I need to tape off the foyer as that’s the next painting spot.
We will see how far I get.
I’m on low power here - worn out from the week.
I hope all of you have a great Saturday!

Sorry you had such a crazy week Sue!!! Hope you can get some things done and have some time and energy to play at least a little bit! Hope next week is much better!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Monroe1218 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:47 pm
Well today is Grayson's big 13th birthday!  We are having his Dad over for cake and ice cream around 2pm today.  Grayson and his friend that is spending the weekend with us are heading to the back to school dance this evening.  

I'm in my scrappy room getting some things straightened so I can scrap!  I can actually see the top of my desk - for the first time in months!!  I'm hoping to get the layouts for the challenges that I've already completed this month uploaded to the gallery today and then start on some more!  Not much going on around here other than the birthday celebration!

Hope all you DC's have a great Saturday!!

Rebecca, Happy birthday to Grayson!!! And how fun that they’re going to the dance! I hope they let you take pictures ! :)

Yay for getting your scrappy table cleaned off. Have fun celebrating and creating!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hi Cherries! How did it get to be August 17th already??!! Didn’t we just start this month????

Yesterday I realized I needed to check my albums and pull the ones that have room in them. I have about 75 albums on my bookshelf. I’ve been an addicted scrapper for over 20 years! Lol! Anyway maybe half have labels or something so I didn’t have to pull those. But I did have to pull the ones that aren’t identifiable and found 3 or 4 that have room. So today Steve will help me carry the rest of the empty albums and the ones with room in them as well as all the layouts I’ve created since sorting the over 350 layouts in the spring!

AND…We might get some water today!!!! A neighbor and her husband are going to bring us a tank of water and if we or they have a king enough hose they will give us water!!! That would be so awesome!!! The first thing I’ll do is run the dishwasher ! And then tomorrow I’ll take a shower and wash the mop on top of my head! I’m going to chop it all off. It’s too hard to manage with a 5 gallon hot water tank and running out of water!!! I’ve been thinking about it for about a year now. It’s time to do it. It will grow back out!!! Lolol!

Hope you’re all having a superb Saturday!!!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

MTCanuk wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:58 am
Happy Saturday, all!

Looking nice here and headed into the 80’s.

Just crafting on my agenda. Still lots of challenges I want to tackle.

Yesterday The Salvation Army food bank was giving away 25lb boxes of Beefstake tomatoes to anyone. My DD sent me the message and I toodled off to get one. So, I will be canning tomatoes in the near future. They need to ripen up a little. I always love having stewed tomatoes in my pantry and to get them for free is a huge bonus!!!

Otherwise same old stuff, different day. I am sure the DD will visit with the minion. The rest of her tribe is off camping for the weekend with the Scouts.
Wow, that was awesome. Have fun canning

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Monroe1218 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:47 pm
Well today is Grayson's big 13th birthday!  We are having his Dad over for cake and ice cream around 2pm today.  Grayson and his friend that is spending the weekend with us are heading to the back to school dance this evening.  

I'm in my scrappy room getting some things straightened so I can scrap!  I can actually see the top of my desk - for the first time in months!!  I'm hoping to get the layouts for the challenges that I've already completed this month uploaded to the gallery today and then start on some more!  Not much going on around here other than the birthday celebration!

Hope all you DC's have a great Saturday!!
Happy 13th Birthday to Grayson!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

GinniG wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:32 pm
Hi Cherries! How did it get to be August 17th already??!! Didn’t we just start this month????

Yesterday I realized I needed to check my albums and pull the ones that have room in them. I have about 75 albums on my bookshelf. I’ve been an addicted scrapper for over 20 years! Lol! Anyway maybe half have labels or something so I didn’t have to pull those. But I did have to pull the ones that aren’t identifiable and found 3 or 4 that have room. So today Steve will help me carry the rest of the empty albums and the ones with room in them as well as all the layouts I’ve created since sorting the over 350 layouts in the spring!

AND…We might get some water today!!!! A neighbor and her husband are going to bring us a tank of water and if we or they have a king enough hose they will give us water!!! That would be so awesome!!! The first thing I’ll do is run the dishwasher ! And then tomorrow I’ll take a shower and wash the mop on top of my head! I’m going to chop it all off. It’s too hard to manage with a 5 gallon hot water tank and running out of water!!! I’ve been thinking about it for about a year now. It’s time to do it. It will grow back out!!! Lolol!

Awesome news Ginni. Very generous neighbors you have
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Hi cherries. Managed to sleep in this morning, so did DH. Got the dishwasher unloaded, 3 loads of laundry, washed the doggie blankets in the office, dusted/vacuumed my office. Made a batch of hard boil eggs, cut up fruit for the week. DH epoxy'd the 2nd half of the garage floor.

In between loads of laundry, I worked on MMC #1. Started it on Wednesday, and have been working on it 15 minutes each day. Love how it came out.

Now on to MMC #2!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Got MMC #2 done

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

GinniG wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:10 pm
pawprints wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:52 am
Hey Cherries. I had a nice visit with my mom yesterday. She looks good and feels good. She really is amazing. Today I have to go to Target and shop for JJ’s birthday presents. I got behind being sick last week and need to be ready for her birthday tomorrow. Probably no scrapping for me today.

Have a great day Cherries.

Oh Barb! I’m so glad your Mom is feeling well and looking good!!! Have fun shopping for JJ! Happy birthday to her!!! 
Thank you!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:04 pm
Hi cherries. Managed to sleep in this morning, so did DH. Got the dishwasher unloaded, 3 loads of laundry, washed the doggie blankets in the office, dusted/vacuumed my office. Made a batch of hard boil eggs, cut up fruit for the week. DH epoxy'd the 2nd half of the garage floor.

In between loads of laundry, I worked on MMC #1. Started it on Wednesday, and have been working on it 15 minutes each day. Love how it came out.

Now on to MMC #2!
Love the colors with those sweet pics of Miss Penny!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:25 pm
Got MMC #2 done

This is adorable!

ImageImage Image Image  

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:04 pm

Now on to MMC #2!
Brandy, we have extremely wonderful neighbors.  It's the Alaskan way especially in remote areas to do things for each other.  We learned that very quickly our first few months here.  Some neighbors are basically snowbirds.  They come for a few months in the summer and that's pretty much it.  We had gone to town and came back and there were these 3 beautiful hanging plants sitting in our yard.  We had no idea where they came from until the neighbors came by and told us they were leaving and thought we'd like them!  People gave us fish and shrimps and crabs - and still do!  The new next door neighbor gave us a big slab of halibut for being so kind and neighborly!!!  I LOVE it!!!  And we do the same when we can.  Someday we'll be done with all this building and we'll be able to pay it forward ourselves.  :)

I LOVE your layout!!!  Great pictures!  And I have to admit sometimes I get tired just reading about everything you do before you go to work!  LOL!  :)  Keep up that great energy!!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:25 pm
Got MMC #2 done

Awwwwww!!!!  SO CUTE!!!  :)  Great layout!!!

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Wow a beautiful day in the mid 80’s and a cooling delta breeze. Doing very little today. Been feeling much better and getting stuff done. But lol amazing how your body can slap you down at this age. Apparently my body wasn’t happy with my trimming down a bush I let get too tall. Holding the battery powered cutting thingamajig higher than my head for about 20-30 minutes to trim the top part has left me with a sore shoulder today. Jeez! Oh well Alleve and my Rx arthritis creme is taking care of it. And of course my boys were here last night so one scolded me gently for not waiting till they arrived to do it and the other made fun of me -gently of course. Love those silly men.

DD texted today too. She always plans one entire day of just she and I doing something special during my yearly visits. This year it is a guided Christmas tour of the Stetson Mansion. Woohoo. When she was late teens, I took her all the way to Montana on a trip and we toured the Conrad Mansion all decorated for Christmas. Years ago now, she is 51, but we still talk about it. Talking about going to Cocoa Village one day also for early Christmas shopping and taking my 9 year old granddaughter with us. Next generation family tradition carry on as it were. lol

OK. This was just a break from Christmas cards. Back to the craft table. Stay chill and enjoy what’s left of Saturday!

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

GinniG wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:32 pm

Hey Ginni ☺️ That's nice that your neighbor is giving you a tank of water! I hope your cord was long enough! 😊 I understand about chopping your hair- lol I've done that a time or two and it DOES grow back! ☺️
Great news about your albums! I hope you get them sorted! That's a LOT of layouts to put away! 😊

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee