We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Re: september team challenge-something different
MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:07 pm
stinkerbelle wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:10 am
MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:54 am
I love circles!

anything circular?  just paper?  

I am thinking anything circular= paper, decorative brads, chipboard, enamel dots, brads, ephemera!!!  Leave it wide open. 
awesome!!!  I will be getting my punches out.  But sometimes its easier to take a quicker route, lol!

Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Re: september team challenge-something different *CLOSED*
hsblair wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:14 pm
Haven't quite figured out how to use the Nuvo drops yet... I think I used it once to smudge and make streaks, but aren't you supposed to make enamel dot like droplets with them?  How quickly do they dry?  I see a mess coming... :p

I Do not do too much of that stuff, but in my opinion, Nuvo is a lot like Stickles.  Maybe we could add Stickles to Nuvo, Stacy?

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Lisn2cats wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:53 pm
OH NO! I have to actually use my 49 and Market products?!?! I've been so good at collecting and watching them (secretly hoping they multiply during the night like my washi tape).

LOL!!!  Me too!

beachlover

Cherry Addict

stinkerbelle wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:14 pm
Trek wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:17 pm
stinkerbelle wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:04 pm

thickers nowdays, especially like the vicki boutin ones, are often more phrases and shapes rather than alphas.  i believe that was the thought behind that choice.

does that help? 

Is there any difference between this shapes and chipboard embellishments? Can we use them?  

better to ask the person who chose that item.  i believe it was Ann/beachlover 
Good question!  Here is what I believe...  if you use chipboard Thickers for you title, you can call them chipboard, then use a shape or phrase and use that as Thickers...  two different items = two different items, just make sure you mention what is what.  Does that work for everyone

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Great list, will be a great month!!!

Trek

Cherry Berry

beachlover wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:17 pm
stinkerbelle wrote:
Trek wrote:

Is there any difference between this shapes and chipboard embellishments? Can we use them?  

Good question!  Here is what I believe...  if you use chipboard Thickers for you title, you can call them chipboard, then use a shape or phrase and use that as Thickers...  two different items = two different items, just make sure you mention what is what.  Does that work for everyone

Thank you Ann! Good for me.

Katerina

hsblair

Cherry Bomb

beachlover wrote:
stinkerbelle wrote:
Trek wrote:

I'm kind of confused... I don't think chipboard is one of the stash items next month?

Image Image Image Image

beachlover

Cherry Addict

hsblair wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:12 pm
beachlover wrote:
stinkerbelle wrote:

I'm kind of confused... I don't think chipboard is one of the stash items next month?
 You 
You are correct, but some (older) Thickers are made of chipboard, so I am not discounting them...  Does it sound better now?  Some of the categories sort of overlap  :greenlol:

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Just clarifying on the pre-made title...it says, "any title element not made from alphas," so does that mean that as long as one word of the title is pre-made, we can use alphas on the rest?  Thinking about using some of my word bits as part of my titles...hmmm?
Laura
 Image    Image         

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Lisn2cats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:50 pm
GinniG wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:55 pm
hsblair wrote:
Haven't quite figured out how to use the Nuvo drops yet... I think I used it once to smudge and make streaks, but aren't you supposed to make enamel dot like droplets with them?  How quickly do they dry?  I see a mess coming... :p

I absolutely Love Nuvo drops!!! There are some videos on YouTube on how to use them. You can use a straight pin and once you put the drop down you can use the pin to pull the bottom down and make a rain drop or teardrop.? If you’re a Disney fan you can make Mickey ears by putting 2 small and one large dot together. They can be used as watercolors too along with how you mentioned using them.

As for drying time I usually let them sit overnight. They’re the last thing I add to a layout. Since you mostly scrap away from home you could put the Nuvo drops on when you get home. I believe Tonic says they’re dry in a few hours. Except the stone and vintage drops. They take longer.

I hope this helps you!!! If I can answer any more questions let me know!  
I've started pre-making my drops because I always, without fail, manage to get my hair, elbow or cat on them even when I put the LOs on a shelf (go figure). Just make a bunch of drops on wax or parchment paper (on a cookie sheet or plate) and pop in the oven overnight. Remember to NOT preheat the oven before taking the sheet/plat out. Ask me how I know.

I’ve heard you could do this but haven’t ever tried it. What temperature do you set your oven to? Or do you just let them sit in there overnight? I occasionally mess them up too. My cat weighs 25 pounds and has 3 inch fur so he’s not allowed on my table! Lolol!

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

GinniG wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:05 pm
Lisn2cats wrote:
GinniG wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:55 pm

I absolutely Love Nuvo drops!!! There are some videos on YouTube on how to use them. You can use a straight pin and once you put the drop down you can use the pin to pull the bottom down and make a rain drop or teardrop.? If you’re a Disney fan you can make Mickey ears by putting 2 small and one large dot together. They can be used as watercolors too along with how you mentioned using them.

As for drying time I usually let them sit overnight. They’re the last thing I add to a layout. Since you mostly scrap away from home you could put the Nuvo drops on when you get home. I believe Tonic says they’re dry in a few hours. Except the stone and vintage drops. They take longer.

I hope this helps you!!! If I can answer any more questions let me know!  
I've started pre-making my drops because I always, without fail, manage to get my hair, elbow or cat on them even when I put the LOs on a shelf (go figure). Just make a bunch of drops on wax or parchment paper (on a cookie sheet or plate) and pop in the oven overnight. Remember to NOT preheat the oven before taking the sheet/plat out. Ask me how I know.

I’ve heard you could do this but haven’t ever tried it. What temperature do you set your oven to? Or do you just let them sit in there overnight? I occasionally mess them up too. My cat weighs 25 pounds and has 3 inch fur so he’s not allowed on my table! Lolol! 

I just let them sit overnight (oven off) - it's like I'm crafting even when I sleep!

I tried a low oven temp and that wasn't a good idea; I also tried a heat tool - really not a good idea. So, I just make a bunch of different sized drops, play with some shapes (haven't perfected that yet). Now I want to go play with my Nuvo Drops!
Image  ImageImageImageImage

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Lisn2cats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:35 pm
GinniG wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:05 pm
Lisn2cats wrote:

I just let them sit overnight (oven off) - it's like I'm crafting even when I sleep!

I tried a low oven temp and that wasn't a good idea; I also tried a heat tool - really not a good idea. So, I just make a bunch of different sized drops, play with some shapes (haven't perfected that yet). Now I want to go play with my Nuvo Drops!

Lol! Me too!!! I’ve collected about half of the colors. I want ALL of them!!! I’ll have to try making some ahead especially with them specifically being a challenge item!

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Art_Teacher wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:56 pm
Just clarifying on the pre-made title...it says, "any title element not made from alphas," so does that mean that as long as one word of the title is pre-made, we can use alphas on the rest?  Thinking about using some of my word bits as part of my titles...hmmm?

yes absolutely!
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

beachlover wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:08 pm
hsblair wrote:

I Do not do too much of that stuff, but in my opinion, Nuvo is a lot like Stickles.  Maybe we could add Stickles to Nuvo, Stacy? 
better to ask the person who chose the item.  i believe her original post did say nuvo drops or similar, but don't quote me.  

*Stacy*  

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Laura wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:14 pm
Yo, Cap . . . is a banner made from punched stars and assembled with twine considered double dipping?

yes.  if you have additional stars on your page, that would be ok
*Stacy*  

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

I don't have any embossing folders - would heat embossing work? Or using embossed paper? 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:18 pm
I don't have any embossing folders - would heat embossing work? Or using embossed paper? 

embossed paper definitely.  but not heat embossing, sorry.
*Stacy*  

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

stinkerbelle wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:24 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:18 pm

embossed paper definitely.  but not heat embossing, sorry. 

Okay great! Time to dig out all my embossed papers LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee