We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Re: Scrap a Day, July 6th
Here's my second (and maybe last) layout today for the Pawsitively Clawsome challenge. :)  I really should go and do some housework.  lol

Laura
 Image    Image         

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

We are back from our little camping trip to the mountains. It was kind of rainy and cool. Nights were in the 40’s. But suppose to warm into the high 90’s by mid week.

So just chilling a little before unloading the trailer. And getting a much needed shower.

Happy to be back home. Hope everyone had a great 4th!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

pawprints wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:47 pm
VickiR wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:33 am
3-H here today...hazy, hot and humid.  We have a heat advisory for the day and don't plan to venture outside.   It's already 88 with a real feel of 98.  Ugh!  Not my kind of weather.  I am in my scrap space for the entire day! 

Ugh yuck! Here too. We are at 85 with a feels like of 92. Our dew point is 75, which makes it a good stay inside in the a/c day. 
Yeah, I'm not made for this weather any more.  20 years ago, I would have tolerated it much better.  It's currently 94 and our dew point dropped a little to  65%.  Not much help!  LOL!

ImageImage

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:01 pm
Here's my second (and maybe last) layout today for the Pawsitively Clawsome challenge. :)  I really should go and do some housework.  lol

This is so sweet!

ImageImage Image Image  

Aztam

Cherry Bing

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:20 pm
Hi cherries. Got alot of stuff done yesterday but never got a chance to cycle the storm shutters through. Worked out because DH was able to help me and 3 got stuck and he had to fix them. So we're good there.

We are now going to be on the clean side of Beryl, so only looking at a couple of inches of rain and 50 mph winds. And that's if she keeps going towards the Central Texas Coast. If she moves further north/east, we will get even less. Which is fine by me.

I got MMC #2 done yesterday.

And this morning, got MMC #3 done

Now that Beryl is a lesser threat to me and South Texas, I can scrap more. :)
So glad it looks like you will be safe from the storm!

ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hello Cherries! 🍒🍒🍒🍒

We’ve been so busy I haven’t had time to pop in and say hi. It’s Saturday afternoon and we’re at a go kart racing place. We still have a 30 minute wait. We’ve really enjoyed the past few days but it’s definitely WAY too hot for us!!!!! We sweated through downtown Nashville on Wednesday.

Thursday my 2 sisters in law and I had quite the adventure. Joe and Robin’s entire family, Steve and brother Jim went tubing on the creek and river that runs through their barn property. So Robin, Paulla and I drove a side by side, a new Jeep truck and an old pickup truck through the fields and overhanging trees down to the point where they were getting out. Halfway through the side by side ran out of gas! So we all got into the Jeep and got gas the back to the truck and side by side. We made it down to the drop off point and then Paulla and I piled into the side by side and Robin drove back to the barn. It was SUPER hot and Paulla and I hung in for dear life. Lol! We got a selfie and she called it 3 HOT mamas!!! That will be a fun page to scrap! There were 16 tubers in all and they had great fun. Steve wound up getting caught under a tree and had to extricate himself because he was last in the line! He was a little rattled but eventually got himself freed. Whew!!!

Then after a full day of visiting and eating and people arriving Joe brought out the fireworks. He had 2 wheelbarrows full!!! It was quite the display! Great pictures to scrap too!

Yesterday we got the boys Noah is 20. Garrett will be 14 and his friend Cam who’s also 13 and went to Dave and Busters where they had a blast.

So we’ve been really busy! It’s an hour’s drive from Joe and Robin’s to where they’re staying. But it’s all interstate and not bad!

And then we leave on Tuesday for the long trip home at last! Our flight leaves at 7 am and we get to Ketchikan around 4 pm. Too late to catch the ferry. So we’ll stay the night and then go home on Wednesday. I can hardly wait!!! It will be nice to get back to cooler weather and a LOT less traffic!!!! Lolol!

Michele and the boys leave tomorrow to go back home. They’ve had a great time too. Garrett’s dad came over from Alabama (only an hour away too!) and is taking Garrett for the rest of July. That will be nice!

It’s been good to see everyone but I wish I’d had more time with Michele. It’s okay though. I’ve got lots of pictures to go through!

Have a spectacular Saturday Cherries!!!!!

Aztam

Cherry Bing

We popped over to see the babe a little bit yesterday afternoon after lunch. As we were headed home we could see dark clouds all around the valley. When we got to our neighborhood we found several trees down in the street! A microburst blew through while we were gone. We checked on all our umbrellas and outdoor furniture. Collected pillows, towels and pool toys that were strewn about. No damage for us thank goodness. We are getting a new tree planted in the backyard on July 17th, so hoping we don’t have any more of the nasty wind gusts then.

I didn’t wake up in time to go for my walk. It was 89º at 6:15 this morning. So I decided to do some laundry and clean up a bit. Maybe I’ll go for a swim later, but I really wanted to get in my craftroom and get busy. 

I have been working on stinkerbelle’s sketches the past couple days. I wanted to try to get them all done so I don’t forget! Haha I have 2 completed and the base page made for a third, just waiting on birthday pics of my 2 yr old grandson’s party tomorrow afternoon to complete it. Now to get busy on the last one!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:01 pm

Gorgeous! Love the bit of washi tape and the pretty papers

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

GinniG wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:00 pm
Hello Cherries! 🍒🍒🍒🍒

We’ve been so busy I haven’t had time to pop in and say hi. It’s Saturday afternoon and we’re at a go kart racing place. We still have a 30 minute wait. We’ve really enjoyed the past few days but it’s definitely WAY too hot for us!!!!! We sweated through downtown Nashville on Wednesday.

Thursday my 2 sisters in law and I had quite the adventure. Joe and Robin’s entire family, Steve and brother Jim went tubing on the creek and river that runs through their barn property. So Robin, Paulla and I drove a side by side, a new Jeep truck and an old pickup truck through the fields and overhanging trees down to the point where they were getting out. Halfway through the side by side ran out of gas! So we all got into the Jeep and got gas the back to the truck and side by side. We made it down to the drop off point and then Paulla and I piled into the side by side and Robin drove back to the barn. It was SUPER hot and Paulla and I hung in for dear life. Lol! We got a selfie and she called it 3 HOT mamas!!! That will be a fun page to scrap! There were 16 tubers in all and they had great fun. Steve wound up getting caught under a tree and had to extricate himself because he was last in the line! He was a little rattled but eventually got himself freed. Whew!!!

Then after a full day of visiting and eating and people arriving Joe brought out the fireworks. He had 2 wheelbarrows full!!! It was quite the display! Great pictures to scrap too!

Yesterday we got the boys Noah is 20. Garrett will be 14 and his friend Cam who’s also 13 and went to Dave and Busters where they had a blast.

So we’ve been really busy! It’s an hour’s drive from Joe and Robin’s to where they’re staying. But it’s all interstate and not bad!

And then we leave on Tuesday for the long trip home at last! Our flight leaves at 7 am and we get to Ketchikan around 4 pm. Too late to catch the ferry. So we’ll stay the night and then go home on Wednesday. I can hardly wait!!! It will be nice to get back to cooler weather and a LOT less traffic!!!! Lolol!

Michele and the boys leave tomorrow to go back home. They’ve had a great time too. Garrett’s dad came over from Alabama (only an hour away too!) and is taking Garrett for the rest of July. That will be nice!

It’s been good to see everyone but I wish I’d had more time with Michele. It’s okay though. I’ve got lots of pictures to go through!

Wow, lots going on, but glad you're enjoying yourself. Had to LOL at the "3 hot mommas"
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Aztam wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:01 pm
We popped over to see the babe a little bit yesterday afternoon after lunch. As we were headed home we could see dark clouds all around the valley. When we got to our neighborhood we found several trees down in the street! A microburst blew through while we were gone. We checked on all our umbrellas and outdoor furniture. Collected pillows, towels and pool toys that were strewn about. No damage for us thank goodness. We are getting a new tree planted in the backyard on July 17th, so hoping we don’t have any more of the nasty wind gusts then.

I didn’t wake up in time to go for my walk. It was 89º at 6:15 this morning. So I decided to do some laundry and clean up a bit. Maybe I’ll go for a swim later, but I really wanted to get in my craftroom and get busy. 

I have been working on stinkerbelle’s sketches the past couple days. I wanted to try to get them all done so I don’t forget! Haha I have 2 completed and the base page made for a third, just waiting on birthday pics of my 2 yr old grandson’s party tomorrow afternoon to complete it. Now to get busy on the last one!
Oh my! Sucks about those trees. Glad to hear you didn't have to any damage

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Used a bunch of scraps for this one. Pick a Day: Sugar Cookie Day. My girls are the BEST helpers!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Got my Graphic Design Challenge posted and this is the layout that I did for it.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:52 pm
Used a bunch of scraps for this one. Pick a Day: Sugar Cookie Day. My girls are the BEST helpers!

This is so adorable and so fun! I love the circles and all the cute little details!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

GinniG wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:00 pm
Hello Cherries! 🍒🍒🍒🍒

How great you are seeing so much family and having so many adventures! You are going to have so much to scrap when you get home!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Aztam wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:01 pm

Wow so glad you didn't have any damage!

ImageImage Image Image  

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

VickiR wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:48 pm
sherelm wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:13 pm
VickiR wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:33 am
3-H here today...hazy, hot and humid.  We have a heat advisory for the day and don't plan to venture outside.   It's already 88 with a real feel of 98.  Ugh!  Not my kind of weather.  I am in my scrap space for the entire day! 

We aren't even using the pool! It's so warm it's not refreshing. I can't remember a year not taking the chill off the water with the heater, but it hasn't gone at all this year. And it's like bath water. And my sister went out one afternoon and had the heat get to her, she looked terrible in our pool room where we usually relax until we are dry. And rain? We had a downpour on the 4 the for about a half hour, but nothing before or since.

I plan on scrapping too. I finished MMC #3 last night so I'm moving on to challenges.

My gardening is going to be trimming the one rose bush that's taken off for the roof of the house! So after that, I am done. 
It's too warm when the pool is not refreshing!

You bet! I like the initial chill off but it needs to be cool.

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:52 pm
Ugh hot here still too. Predicted to b 112! I have noticed if I go anywhere or do anything at all out of doors no matter how brief, I set down on the sofa and fall asleep for an hour or two after. Drugstore and quick trip to grocery yesterday and came home—poof I’m asleep!!

So Indoors today it is. lol. A bit of tidying and card making. Boys will b here tonight for supper. But no cooking. Got steak rolls, deli lunch meat/cheese for sandwiches. Also veggies for dipping and a big bottle of ranch dressing. Makes me think of the song “Summertime”. Summertime and the livin’ is easy. . . Etc. lol

Stay cool. Be creative. Enjoy Saturday!
I LOVE Janis Joplin, and I'm thinking Billie Holiday ALSO sang that, but I'm not for sure lol anyway now I'm in the mood to put on Janis! 🤗

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:11 am
Charleneanne wrote:
Ugh hot here still too. Predicted to b 112! I have noticed if I go anywhere or do anything at all out of doors no matter how brief, I set down on the sofa and fall asleep for an hour or two after. Drugstore and quick trip to grocery yesterday and came home—poof I’m asleep!!

So Indoors today it is. lol. A bit of tidying and card making. Boys will b here tonight for supper. But no cooking. Got steak rolls, deli lunch meat/cheese for sandwiches. Also veggies for dipping and a big bottle of ranch dressing. Makes me think of the song “Summertime”. Summertime and the livin’ is easy. . . Etc. lol

I LOVE Janis Joplin, and I'm thinking Billie Holiday ALSO sang that, but I'm not for sure lol anyway now I'm in the mood to put on Janis! 🤗
Well lol I’m not sure I heard Janis Joplins version. I’m a bit ahem older And mostly being a teen of the 1960’s I hear The Righteous Brothers in my head for that song.

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:53 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:11 am
Charleneanne wrote:

Well lol I’m not sure I heard Janis Joplins version. I’m a bit ahem older And mostly being a teen of the 1960’s I hear The Righteous Brothers in my head for that song.

Oh Yessss! The Righteous Brothers are great to listen to! ☺️

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee