We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:20 pm
UPDATE #2

Window guy showed up. He tried putting in the screen and it doesn't fit. Yeah..we told you..It's too big. You are supposed to verify measurements and then have your poople order the RIGHT SIZE for the THIRD time. But no, he wanted to uninstall the window to make the screen fit. The H*ll you are. OMFG! Me and our contractors were like NOOOOOOOO. You do not do that. Contractor called up our window contact person and explained again. Apparently they are going to check the warehouse and if they can find one that fits, bring it tomorrow. *Hand on Forehead* It's like I need crayons for these people.

Engineer arrived on time and did his JOB correctly. Of course he did. Signed off on everything on his end and gave our contractors the paper work. He then submitted stuff to TDI and the city is wanting TDI to do their thing by 4pm. Uh...ain't gonna happen buddy. TS Alberto made a mess of things last week....and with Beryl headed somewhere's...some Texans are preparing for that, and so is TDI. So yeah...gonna be sometime next week. Sucks that city can't close out the permit until TDI approves everything..but still...I DO understand that completely. Storms and Hurricanes keep TDI busy.

So the pups are happy...FREEDOM.

I'm somewhat happy too....99% of things are done and completed. Our contractors will stay in touch with us with TDI and the darn screen.

OMG Brandy!!! That window guy probably doesn’t get paid unless the job is done but seriously!!!! MAKE it fit?! Goodness!!! I hope that TDI can get things done quickly. At least the worst is over! And your fur babies are happy! :)

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Speaking of hurricanes… we helped a young man MANY years ago overcome a crack addiction and he calls us mom and dad and we all him our son. His parents live in St Lucia and he was really worried about them. Someone on the island made it to where they live and was able to communicate that they’re fine. Thank God!!! His dad is a pastor and I’m sure they’ll be busy helping the people around them get back to normal.

And at the same time our only granddaughter’s other grandfather lost his LONG battle with cancer this morning. So very sad! His wife isn’t healthy either. They’ve been dear friends for many years. Just so sad. :(

We got an antibiotic prescription for Steve and went to Walmart again. Lol! The nurse practitioner wanted him to take the antibiotic just to be sure but he didn’t want to. Then he started running a fever last night. So he’s taking them. And we needed a couple of other things. He’s so proud of himself! He’s been really watching what he’s eating and he’s down to a size he hasn’t been since the 1990s!!! He’s like a new man! :)

Have a wonderful evening everyone!!!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

GinniG wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:08 pm
Speaking of hurricanes… we helped a young man MANY years ago overcome a crack addiction and he calls us mom and dad and we all him our son. His parents live in St Lucia and he was really worried about them. Someone on the island made it to where they live and was able to communicate that they’re fine. Thank God!!! His dad is a pastor and I’m sure they’ll be busy helping the people around them get back to normal.

And at the same time our only granddaughter’s other grandfather lost his LONG battle with cancer this morning. So very sad! His wife isn’t healthy either. They’ve been dear friends for many years. Just so sad. :(

We got an antibiotic prescription for Steve and went to Walmart again. Lol! The nurse practitioner wanted him to take the antibiotic just to be sure but he didn’t want to. Then he started running a fever last night. So he’s taking them. And we needed a couple of other things. He’s so proud of himself! He’s been really watching what he’s eating and he’s down to a size he hasn’t been since the 1990s!!! He’s like a new man! :)

Have a wonderful evening everyone!!!

Sorry to hear about your granddaughter's other grandfather. ((HUGS)) to her

Glad to hear his family is safe!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Well, I didn't get to scrap as much as I wanted, because I was waiting for a delivery (upstairs, and my digi scrappy space is in our finished basement), but I finished this layout for Stinker's Sketchathon Sketch #1 combined with the July Movie Challenge.  I printed it and then handwrote my journaling to get an extra point for the Team Challenge. :)

Laura
 Image    Image         Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:16 pm
Well, I didn't get to scrap as much as I wanted, because I was waiting for a delivery (upstairs, and my digi scrappy space is in our finished basement), but I finished this layout for Stinker's Sketchathon Sketch #1 combined with the July Movie Challenge.  I printed it and then handwrote my journaling to get an extra point for the Team Challenge. :)

ImageImage
OMGoodness..that TITLE...and those sweet photos. LOVE

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

VALERIE 03/22

Cherry Bomb

WHERE IS THE INKY FINGERS CHALLENGE DOES ANYONE KNOW??????????????? IT ENDS THIS MONTH AND IT RAN FOR 2 MONTHS.......... VALERIE

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:38 pm
WHERE IS THE INKY FINGERS CHALLENGE DOES ANYONE KNOW??????????????? IT ENDS THIS MONTH AND IT RAN FOR 2 MONTHS.......... VALERIE

Found it:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=277844

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Deanna13 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:35 am
Good Morning Everyone! Sounds like everyone is busy. Brandy, so sorry for all the mess going on. 

Just an update on me. I've been having grandpuppies and grandkids for the last 3 weeks so I have gotten much scrapping done. I'm hoping to get my list of challenges made up today and get started. We do have grandpuppy Ridge today (Kaylee's puppy). He only seems to want me, but DH is trying to keep him occupied. 

Medical Update.....DH just passed another of his prostate blood tests. He's good for another 3 months and then it goes to 6 months. 

I had to wait an additional month before I had another CT-Scan to be sure the radiation wouldn't mess it up. I had a CT-Scan and blood work June 17th, saw the Radiation Oncologist on the 27th and my Oncologist today the 2nd. Dr. Keyser was more than pleased with my radiation results of my left lung. Said it doesn't usually work that quickly in 3 months, but it can still continue to work for a year. My Oncologist Dr. Cawley called me shortly after receiving the results and said not to worry. Things were looking good. They were pleased with results. I do have 2 minute nodules in the right lung that weren't completely wiped out with the chemo in 2022 and 2023. They would continue to monitor those. I also have a Nurse Practitioner Marcia who I saw today. She usually oversees Chemo treatment, but also see patients. Showed us scans and said they were all in agreement to continue the 2 meds I'm on for another 3 months with a followup CT Scan and Blood work and appointments with both doctors. 

Thanks for listening, everyone! It's great to be able to stay the course for another 3 months.

That's great for both you and Brad, Deanna!  So glad to hear it!  Slow and steady . . . 😊
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Deanna13 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:35 am
Good Morning Everyone! Sounds like everyone is busy. Brandy, so sorry for all the mess going on. 

Just an update on me. I've been having grandpuppies and grandkids for the last 3 weeks so I have gotten much scrapping done. I'm hoping to get my list of challenges made up today and get started. We do have grandpuppy Ridge today (Kaylee's puppy). He only seems to want me, but DH is trying to keep him occupied. 

Medical Update.....DH just passed another of his prostate blood tests. He's good for another 3 months and then it goes to 6 months. 

I had to wait an additional month before I had another CT-Scan to be sure the radiation wouldn't mess it up. I had a CT-Scan and blood work June 17th, saw the Radiation Oncologist on the 27th and my Oncologist today the 2nd. Dr. Keyser was more than pleased with my radiation results of my left lung. Said it doesn't usually work that quickly in 3 months, but it can still continue to work for a year. My Oncologist Dr. Cawley called me shortly after receiving the results and said not to worry. Things were looking good. They were pleased with results. I do have 2 minute nodules in the right lung that weren't completely wiped out with the chemo in 2022 and 2023. They would continue to monitor those. I also have a Nurse Practitioner Marcia who I saw today. She usually oversees Chemo treatment, but also see patients. Showed us scans and said they were all in agreement to continue the 2 meds I'm on for another 3 months with a followup CT Scan and Blood work and appointments with both doctors. 

Thanks for listening, everyone! It's great to be able to stay the course for another 3 months.

Such great news Deanna on both you and your DH! I'm so happy to hear that! Continued prayers for you both!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

GinniG wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:20 pm
Hi Cherries! 🍒🍒🍒

I’ve been AWOL since Saturday. Not sure why but I didn’t go on Facebook either. It’s hard to believe it’s already July!!!

Steve had his follow up appointment yesterday and he is completely cleared and has no more appointments!!! All of the biopsies are clear and he doesn’t even have to take meds for it anymore!!!! Yipppeeeeeee!!!!! We celebrated by going to a Japanese restaurant for lunch. It was delicious!!!

Things are getting very busy here. This evening one of Steve’s brothers is coming to visit Joe and Robin. This was a long ago planned trip. Then tomorrow we will be meeting my daughter and her crew in Nashville. There was a huge misunderstanding on my part and things were tense and crazy for a day or two but it all worked out. Then the place she was supposed to stay in had a water leak and had to cancel! So we I’ll stay here and drive back and forth. She’d already found another place to stay before I could tell her to come here. It will all work out. We’re only an hour away. Crazy!!!

Today I need to make a quick trip to Walmart. Then I need to do my hair and nails. Need to do laundry too. And make a couple of calls.

Sounds like everybody is busy! Hope you’re all doing well!!!
That is wonderful news about Steve!! Enjoy your visit with your DD!!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:16 pm

ImageImage
Sweet Paisley layout  😍

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee