Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, June 18th
Charleneanne wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:40 am
Good morning. Well morning anyhow. I am not an early person but don’t sleep well in hot weather. Awake today at 6:30am and just couldn’t get back to sleep. Since I generally don’t go to bed till after midnight, I am tired and like the old woman I am, most afternoons I take an involuntary nap on the sofa. Give me cold weather and an 8-9 hour hibernation and my flannel sheets every night!

Nothing much going on today. Some general cleaning and then go through some piles of junk I’ve ignored and see what I can toss or donate. Told my kids I was saving all the junk for summer heat when I have to stay inside lol and would need something to occupy my time.

Maybe soak the ground in the Hollyhock area of the garden. They need some work but I’ve been lazy this spring. Yard and gardens are nice but a lot of work. And my monthly water bill goes from $25 a month in January to $145 in August!

Whatever! Lol have a tolerable Tuesday

Hope you can find some cool things to do! I get grumpy when I don’t get enough sleep too. I got so cold last night from the a/c that I was wishing I had my electric blanket to warm up my toes especially!!! Lol! Yikes on the water bill! Sounds like our electric bill in the winter!

traveler

Cherry Cola

another vacation page from me, we saw this sunset while having dinner at our hotel:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:59 am
JUst checking in.  Still coolish and grey out.  Maybe more rain today.  Had like 3/4 inch yesterday.  Only into the 50's for today.  

Have a few things to do today.  And the biggest thing- I actually was able to actually sleep in my bed all night.  that's a first since surgery a month ago.  Considering I mostly sat on the couch the last month, it actually flew by.  I just paid up some bills.  Have both PT and a post op surgeon visit this afternoon.  

And I have a couple of layouts I need to get uploaded and to their respective challenges.  Need to make a birthday card for a little 5 year old who has a birthday next week.  Need to get it in the mail and across to the east coast.   That's about it for me today!!

Yayay for a full night in the bed!!! That must have felt wonderful!!!! Hope PT and follow up with doctor goes well!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:37 pm
Finished a layout for the June Pet Challenge.  I love that Eliza's doggie daycare sends us photos! :)

What a fabulous layout Laura!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

trainmom wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:54 pm
another vacation page from me, we saw this sunset while having dinner at our hotel:

Louise, this is a beautiful layout!!! Beautiful picture!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

Steve’s less than 24 hours from his surgery! He’s a bit nervous which is normal. He’s started his prep. So we are home today. I’m doing laundry. And making sure the paperwork and everything is done.

Our neighbor was an angel and gathered our 4 goslings and took them to our farmer friend who has our chickens! So they’re all safe. We are so glad! He sent us a video and they’re so much bigger than when we left!!!

And our farmer friend has fallen in love with our duck Shirley and is going to get some eggs ordered so he can have his own. So cute! We knew he’d love her! So we will probably get a couple more too.

That’s it from here for now. The car we’ve been using has been in the shop the past 2 days so I haven’t been able to do any shopping. But we’ll need something to do later this week.

Have a fabulous evening!

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

GinniG wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:19 pm
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

Steve’s less than 24 hours from his surgery! He’s a bit nervous which is normal. He’s started his prep. So we are home today. I’m doing laundry. And making sure the paperwork and everything is done.

Our neighbor was an angel and gathered our 4 goslings and took them to our farmer friend who has our chickens! So they’re all safe. We are so glad! He sent us a video and they’re so much bigger than when we left!!!

And our farmer friend has fallen in love with our duck Shirley and is going to get some eggs ordered so he can have his own. So cute! We knew he’d love her! So we will probably get a couple more too.

That’s it from here for now. The car we’ve been using has been in the shop the past 2 days so I haven’t been able to do any shopping. But we’ll need something to do later this week.

Have a fabulous evening!
Best of luck with Steve's surgery tomorrow, sending prayers your way. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:11 am
Hey Cherries. Got all my patio chairs and table scrubbed yesterday and so glad that is done. I started a layout and hope to get back to working on it after my dentist appointment this afternoon.

Have a great day Cherries.

Hope everything goes well at the dentist and that you get a chance to enjoy your scrappy time! ☺️

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

Have a fabulous evening!

Praying everything goes well for Steve's surgery and for a quick recovery! 🙏🏻❤️🍒☺️I hope you do get some shopping in!!!! Hopefully we can get together sometime, too! ☺️

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:59 am
JUst checking in.  Still coolish and grey out.  Maybe more rain today.  Had like 3/4 inch yesterday.  Only into the 50's for today.  

Have a few things to do today.  And the biggest thing- I actually was able to actually sleep in my bed all night.  that's a first since surgery a month ago.  Considering I mostly sat on the couch the last month, it actually flew by.  I just paid up some bills.  Have both PT and a post op surgeon visit this afternoon.  

And I have a couple of layouts I need to get uploaded and to their respective challenges.  Need to make a birthday card for a little 5 year old who has a birthday next week.  Need to get it in the mail and across to the east coast.   That's about it for me today!!

I'm glad you've been getting some decent rest and are healing well, Leslee! ☺️ Can't wait to see your projects!

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:03 am
Good morning cherries. Contractors have already been doing their thang the last hour or so. We've got City Inspection scheduled for this afternoon. Hope it goes well. Next step is painting but with the tropical cyclone south of us, we won't see them until next Monday. Expecting to get 4 to 7 inches in our area, starting tonight, with the heaviest tomorrow and settling down Thursday/Friday. Dry out Saturday/Sunday. Winds shouldn't be an issue - 40 mph - which a normal day for us. I only hope that it's a steady rain, and not something that causes flash flooding and chaos. We haven't had rain in a few months, so we desperately need this.

I'm excited about tomorrow. With Juneteenth now a federal holiday, my client's doors across her 6 offices will be closed. :greeninlove:  Which means, work-wise, I won't get bothered. Now, all depends on how much rain and how noisy it gets tomorrow will dictate whether or not I truly have a quiet day. But at least I won't have to deal with pooples.

Hope y'all have a great day.

Brandy, I will be praying that awful weather calms down!!! ☺️

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:15 am
Hot and nasty is the description of this entire week...I just hate the humidity so much! Woke up at 8 am and it was already 78 degrees with 84% humidity!  Yucky!  Hitting above 90, so I plan to stay inside in my a/c!  Have been cleaning up files on my computer and might get a little scrappy this afternoon. However, my SIL and BIL are coming to stay next week, so I have to clean up their room, too.  It becomes the catch-all room over the winter.  LOL

Try to stay cool, even while you work on that room, Laura! 😉 I hope you get some scrappy time this evening! ☺️

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
Hot today. I decided to put some errands off until tomorrow. I've been inspired lately and have been doing arts and crafts a LOT! 😂
I'll post things when they're finished. I need to go outside and seal a college painting but it's too hot outside!
Relaxing in the AC, with adorable cats and kittens hangin around! 🤩 I'm working on an art journal spread for some challenges, too! I've got mixed media all over my fingers LOL! 😅
Stay blessed Cherries! 🍒❤️😊

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Art_Teacher wrote:
Finished a layout for the June Pet Challenge.  I love that Eliza's doggie daycare sends us photos! :)

This is so adorable Laura!! And we continue on the same wavelength as have a layout for the pet challenge on my screen that I am working on right now!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

trainmom wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:54 pm

Gorgeous photo beautifully showcased Louise!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

Have a fabulous evening!
Good luck to Steve tomorrow! Hope all goes well and as smoothly as possible!

ImageImage Image Image  

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:23 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:

This is so adorable Laura!! And we continue on the same wavelength as have a layout for the pet challenge on my screen that I am working on right now!

💓 😊
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:00 pm
Hey Cherries 😊
Hot today. I decided to put some errands off until tomorrow. I've been inspired lately and have been doing arts and crafts a LOT! 😂
I'll post things when they're finished. I need to go outside and seal a college painting but it's too hot outside!
Relaxing in the AC, with adorable cats and kittens hangin around! 🤩 I'm working on an art journal spread for some challenges, too! I've got mixed media all over my fingers LOL! 😅
Stay blessed Cherries! 🍒❤️😊
Sounds like a perfect inside day! :)  Looking forward to seeing your creations!

Laura

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Threw away a bunch of paper crap!  LOL  That was part of me cleaning out the guest bedroom...3 boxes of mail, papers, etc.  I filled a trash bag and emptied all 3 boxes. :)

Then, I got to do a layout for the June Pick a Day challenge...Nature Photography Day. 

Laura

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

I finished this layout for the Pet Challenge.

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee